• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

no haze in Jakarta = cause of persistent Haze

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Isn't that the real cause?

I am rather sure haze is not a natural disaster, but a man-made one. That means it's something fully within the control of Jakarta Government, not Orchard Rd Istana. If PSI in Jakarta was always 5X higher than SG, then useless Loong need not even lift a finger.

I can see that law is optional, if Jakarta government want to put out the haze. It can be done swiftly and beautifully without law, just like anything else in Indonesia.

The whole problem is haze almost never got blown to Jakarta, not enen the enter Java! That's why it can only be so remotely felt by Jakarta government. That's why the culprits can continue to cause haze without being shut inside gas chambers.

Pray for maximum PSI in Jakarta Loong, fill up hospitals and mortuary. They will know how to put out haze. No problem. Pray yr old old thief daddy help bring up PSI in Jakarta.

:wink:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haze.gif

http://www.nea.gov.sg/data/xml/dt/Warning_Advisory/Haze.gif

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pray the north east monsoon will come minus the rain due to el nino. That way,, the haze will blow towards jakarta from kalimantan and hopefully sumatra. Double the intensity.

think_lees

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pinoys kenna:

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/734425/wear-face-masks-palace-tells-people-exposed-to-haze

Wear face masks, Palace tells people exposed to haze

SHARES: 4 VIEW COMMENTS
Inquirer Visayas

By: Carla P. Gomez, Leo Udtohan, October 26th, 2015 01:49 AM

WORSENING PROBLEM Mindanao is more than 1,200 kilometers from the nearest Indonesian forest fires, but the haze has become a worsening problem across the island, disrupting air traffic and endangering public health. The picture above shows dense haze hanging over Davao City on Friday morning, obscuring visibility for airline pilots. DENNIS SANTOS/INQUIRER MINDANAO

TAGBILARAN CITY—Some residents here have started to wear face masks after falling ill from the haze in the city.

Ma. Galilea Arado, 49, was wearing a face mask because she feared that the gray smoke would worsen her asthma.

“I have allergy to smoke and dust and I am afraid the haze could trigger my asthma,” Arado said. She will wear the mask until the haze goes away, she said.

ADVERTISEMENT

Arlene Pesquira, 40, said she had fallen sick since last week.

“My eyes and throat have been irritated since last week, but I am not sure if it is due to the haze,” Pesquira said. She also said her daughter, Celian Janica, 12, had been coughing since Friday when haze began to blanket the city.

In Manila, Malacañang yesterday asked residents of the Visayas and Mindanao exposed to haze from the Indonesian forest fires to wear face masks.

Communications Secretary Herminio Coloma Jr. relayed the warning of the Department of Health (DOH) to the public, especially those already suffering from respiratory ailments and breathing problems.

In an interview over government-run Radyo ng Bayan, Coloma said all public hospitals were prepared to give medical services to people showing symptoms of respiratory problems resulting from dense haze blanketing the skies in southern parts of the Philippines.

Coloma said the Department of Environment and Natural Resources, in coordination with other agencies, was monitoring air conditions over Mindanao.

Of particular interest to environmental officials are fine particulate matters in the air, or PM 2.5, referring to droplets or tiny particles in the air that are 2.5 microns or less in width. (There are 25,400 microns in an inch).

According to scientists, the fine particles can reach deep into the respiratory tract and lungs, and may cause coughing, sneezing, shortness of breath, among other effects. Exposure may also aggravate existing medical conditions like asthma.

Coloma said there were only “a few times” when the amount of PM 2.5 had exceeded the standard in the monitoring stations in Mindanao.

He cited a report from the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa) that the thickening haze over Mindanao was brought by equatorial winds pushed by Typhoon “Lando” (international name: Koppu).

Coloma said Environment Secretary Ramon Paje was also coordinating with other environmental ministers in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean) on the best approaches to the problem, and to exchange information.

Hermes Hinlayagan of the Pagasa station in Bohol said the haze in the province yesterday was not as severe as in the previous days.

In Negros Occidental, Pagasa forecaster Melvin Fierro Sr. said the haze was observed to be thickest in the southern part the province on Saturday and to a lesser degree yesterday.

In Cotabato City, Pagasa’s Roy Jumawan said yesterday that he expected the skies to clear in the days ahead. “The haze is still here, although it’s thinner now,” he said.

In Puerto Princesa City, the local Pagasa office said yesterday that it was monitoring a “light” smog gathering over southern Palawan province, likely blown to the areas by the northeast monsoon.

On Saturday, the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines allowed several flights in and out of the Cotabato City airport after suspending operations for about a week because of the Indonesian haze. With reports from DJ Yap in Manila; Edwin Fernandez and Allan Nawal, Inquirer Mindanao; and Redempto D. Anda, Inquirer Southern Luzon

think_lees

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://news.asiaone.com/news/asia/h...eaves-over-500000-respiratory-ailments-agency

Skip to main content

HOME
NEWS
SINGAPORE
GENERAL ELECTION
BUSINESS
ASIA
MALAYSIA
WORLD
CRIME
TRANSPORT
ENTERTAINMENT
SPORTS
OPINION
SCIENCE & TECH
MAILBOX
LIFESTYLE
FEATURES
WOMEN
TRAVEL
FOOD
YOURHEALTH
DIGITAL
LUXURY
FORUM
SERVICES

ASIA

Photo: AFP

Haze kills 10 people in Indonesia, leaves over 500,000 with respiratory ailments: Agency
The Jakarta Post/ANN | Sunday, Oct 25, 2015
Shares
Ten people have died in Sumatra and Kalimantan
due to smog from forest and land fires, which include those killed during fire extinguishing operations and victims of acute respiratory infections (ISPA), according to the National Disaster Management Agency (BNPB) on Saturday.

In addition to these victims, seven climbers were also killed and two others were in a critical condition after being trapped in a forest fires on the slopes of Mount Lawu on the border of East Java and Central Java on Oct 18.

BNPB also stated that the number of ISPA patients had reached 503,874 in six provinces between July 1 and October 23, with the top six contributors including Jambi with 129,229 patients, South Sumatra with 101,333, South Kalimantan with 97,430, Riau with 80,263 , Central Kalimantan with 52,142 and West Kalimantan with 43,477.

Based on the agency's analysis, more than 43 million Indonesians have been exposed to smog in Sumatra and Kalimantan alone.

Photo Source: AFP, The Straits Times, Reuters

Neighbouring countries such as Singapore, Malaysia and the Philippines have also experienced a decline in air quality following the haze dilemma.

"The smog disaster due to forest and land fires is a man-made disaster, since 99 per cent of the fires are intentional.

"It is an extraordinary crime against humanity," said BNPB spokesman Sutopo Purwo Nugroho in a press release on Saturday.

"But this isn't the time for us to play the blame game; it's a time to act fast since the scale of the fires is so wide that it will be impossible to extinguish them in the next one or two weeks," added Sutopo.

See also: Haze spreads to Java and halts flights from Bandung

Photo Source: AsiaOne, Reuters, AFP, Berita Harian, The Straits Times, Khoo G Vui

From around the web

Sun damage is more than just skin deep
Acuvue on Yahoo Singapore

China military buildup: Think tank warns of threat to US forces in Asia
Nikkei Asian Review

81% of Singapore Retirees Have Been Unable to Realise at Least One of Their Dreams. Will You Be One of Them?
HSBC Singapore

How Is Your Luggage Put On The Correct Flight?
CAAS on Yahoo Singapore
More from AsiaOne

Sichuan villager catches weird-looking creature thought to be rare fungus

City Harvest's most senior pastors 'are liars'

Vicki Zhao's apartment sold illegally by personal driver

Woman takes clothes off in public after quarrel with boyfriend
Recommended by
Related stories

Vietnamese woman wanted $4,000 for plastic surgery, says boyfriend's friend

Mum killed in Jurong blasts grew up without hers

Jurong temple devotees evacuated after men barge in with dangerous weapons

Bear spits out human

Yes...how many years has it been happening already??? If really want to prevent....would have already done so years ago!!!
Thats why all those talk heard already also fedup.
Posted by: hfourhappy at Sun Oct 25 16:02:06 MYT 2015
I don't really want to read what Indonesia going to do or what Singapore government going to do. So many years already. All lips services. Sweet sweet talks. I dont buy their sweet talks anymore.
Yes...how many years has it been happening already??? If really want to prevent....would have already done so years ago!!!
Posted by: singaporeuncle at Sun Oct 25 15:56:39 MYT 2015
I don't really want to read what Indonesia going to do or what Singapore government going to do. So many years already. All lips services. Sweet sweet talks. I dont buy their sweet talks anymore.
Posted by: hfourhappy at Sun Oct 25 15:49:22 MYT 2015
Well, karma is a b itch. This year most of the wind has been blowing inwards to their own people. Because their sheet minister said Singapore child choking in 2013.
Posted by: incinerate at Sun Oct 25 15:41:52 MYT 2015
Well....this is their own doing can't blame others. This only shows their weak leadership. :rolleyes:
Posted by: gatecrasher at Sun Oct 25 15:23:18 MYT 2015
» View all (13) comments
» Login to post comments
COMMENTS
BE IN THE KNOW
Get the latest news, opinion, trends, coverage, reports and more
from AsiaOne—straight to your inbox!
Or download our apps from Apple store or Google Play.

About Us
Advertising
Privacy Statement

Follow Us
Tell Us
Name *

Email *

Comment

Submit
Content Partners
Newspapers
The Straits Times
The Business Times
The New Paper
Lianhe Zaobao
Lianhe Wanbao
My Paper
Shin Min Daily News
Berita Harian
Tamil Murasu
tabla!
ST701
STProperty
STJobs
STCars
STClassifieds
SgCarMart
Stomp
SPH Razor
Omy.sg
Trezo
FastJobs
SRX Property
Magazines
HerWorld
HWM
HerWorld Brides
Female
Female Brides
Home & Decor
Nuyou
Nanyou
Men's Health
Young Parents
Torque
The Peak
Shape
Radio
Kiss 92
ONE FM 91.3
UFM100.3
Others
Asia News Network
BBC
Bikezilla
BNTNews
Burpple
CNBC
Get.com
MoneySmart
Nikkei Asian Review
Our Better World
O-Posts
PR Newswire
Tech In Asia
Tech Storm
The Wall Street Journal
Twedya
Vulcan Post
Wardrobe Trends Fashion
SPH DIGITAL NEWS / ASIAONE GROUP / Copyright © 2015. Singapore Press Holdings Ltd . Co. Regn. No. 198402868E.
Terms & Conditions | Personal Data Protection Statement

ShareThis Copy and Paste

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so what are u suggesting,flying b52 fortresses over jakarta and napalm the shit out of them?

[video=youtube;IOrnShOifeI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOrnShOifeI[/video]

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Surprisingly it's quite hazy here in Jakarta. When I left on Friday it wasn't like this

i guess it's about bloody time

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Surprisingly it's quite hazy here in Jakarta.

It has always been hazy in Jakarta regardless of wind direction due to the worsening traffic situation.

Compared to last year, now need to add additional hour from town to airport due to volume of cars and that stupid last toll gate.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
It has always been hazy in Jakarta regardless of wind direction due to the worsening traffic situation.

Compared to last year, now need to add additional hour from town to airport due to volume of cars and that stupid last toll gate.

Living in Jakarta I agree with you that Jakarta is always hazy due to the horrendous traffic but not to the level we see in Singapore due to the burning.

For today it is clearly from the burning as the moment stepping out of the aircraft could smell the same thing as in Singapore and it is much hazy than normal.

That stupid toll is really stupid. Even for me I use E-Toll still kenna jam by those who don't use. As office and apartment is at the north of Jakarta my traveling time to and from the airport is 25mins and if jam not more than an hour.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Living in Jakarta I agree with you that Jakarta is always hazy due to the horrendous traffic but not to the level we see in Singapore due to the burning.

For today it is clearly from the burning as the moment stepping out of the aircraft could smell the same thing as in Singapore and it is much hazy than normal.

That stupid toll is really stupid. Even for me I use E-Toll still kenna jam by those who don't use. As office and apartment is at the north of Jakarta my traveling time to and from the airport is 25mins and if jam not more than an hour.

I had been monitoring the NEA haze map for months, Jakarta and Java always appeared in the Clean Zone.

beergal85

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had been monitoring the NEA haze map for months, Jakarta and Java always appeared in the Clean Zone.

It wass starting to get haze last week:

http://mypaper.sg/top-stories/jakarta-hit-haze-crosses-java-sea-20151026

Jakarta hit as haze crosses Java Sea

JAKARTA

JAKARTA residents were told by the government yesterday to be prepared for haze coming from the forest fires in Sumatra and Kalimantan, while Singapore urged Asean members to take decisive action to end the air pollution which has been troubling the region.....

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Just taken this video half a hour ago at North Jakarta, appears to be pretty ok. I don't smell the smog. Think I'll go take a walk by the sea now.

[video=youtube;_jp_uzubeAg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jp_uzubeAg[/video]

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just taken this video half a hour ago at North Jakarta, appears to be pretty ok. I don't smell the smog. Think I'll go take a walk by the sea now.

[video=youtube;_jp_uzubeAg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jp_uzubeAg[/video]

When the politicians who have power to kick ass hard in Jakarta find themselves unable to breath at homes, and their family members sick or fled. They will do ASAP the necessary things to put out the haze. If not then there will be persistent haze regardlessly.