• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

No decent human being should ever work as an insurance agent

TerrexLee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me make myself extremely clear before I begin; the purpose of my writing is to present things in a straightforward, palatable manner for the layman to adequately appreciate.

Firstly, a brief history of the insurance business.

How did the notion of insurance come into existence?

It had its origins in the form of protection money collected by gangsters and the mafia.

The gangsters astutely came to the eventual realization that employing violence to wreak havoc and trash things only serve to put folks out of business, which in turn affect their bottom lines.

Instead they chose to cash in on fears, worries and anxieties....their reach is thus extended to not just proprietors, but also to the common man on the street.

Insurance premiums are simply protection monies. It is legalized racketeering. You cough up monthly payments to "shield" yourself from invisible worries.

No decent human being should ever work as an insurance agent.

Those who do so are either willfully ignorant or have malicious hearts. A few even reckon the job is a quick wealth enabler, until the next better deal comes along. Then again let's be brutally honest; those who are knee-deep in the insurance line are never getting out, because the money is too damn good.

Why is it evil?

For one, chargemasters. In every corner of the world, hospitals employ a billing codex known as the chargemaster - in truth it functions implicitly to inflate the cost of healthcare, which in turn appease insurance companies partnering them.

More at https://tinyurI.com/w9yd53f

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who say insurance come from mafia? Proof? Pofma u! This what happen when u give uneducated freedom to speak they talk nonsense waste your time. :mad:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Health insurance us just a scam for the middleman.
Hospitals can come up with their own insurance. Call it membership fee and cut these scammers off.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
The biggest insurance scam is the vehicle insurance in Singapore.

You insure you vehicle at "market value" which includes the COE element.

COE is just a certificate and is guaranteed by the gahmen if you return that certificate to them.

So why the need for the added premium on something that is "not repairable" or part of the physical car component?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I never believe in insurance agents. I only buy my insurance from financial advisors.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Eh my brother in law is big time MDRT insurance agent. Making big bucks!

Goes on TV and radio giving financial advice.

Dont insult them ok. They make way more money than doctors and engineers. But they lose to lawyers lah.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I never believe in insurance agents. I only buy my insurance from financial advisors.
Lol.

That's what my brother in law calls himself. A financial advisor. But he earns commissions from insurance company as his main source of income.

It is like saying I dont trust doctors. I only get treatment from my surgeon.

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN they also know that's why slowly they repackaged themselves as financial planner KNN
these agents are just a bunch of begging scammer. they promise you anything on earth when you ask them qns.
ten years down the road when you are very sick and admitted to hospital, the company will tell you this cannot claim that cannot claim.but the agent will prmoise you everything has got all his commission and left for another job.

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal
i have a friend who is a financial planner. but he is living from head to toe. alway siam those toilet that need to pay 10cent. alway cut coupons for cheapskate deals. alway complain woman agents alway stand upper gain...etc
cant even plan his own finance ..but want to plan my finance..i ask him to fuck off. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
these agents are just a bunch of begging scammer. they promise you anything on earth when you ask them qns.
ten years down the road when you are very sick and admitted to hospital, the company will tell you this cannot claim that cannot claim.but the agent will prmoise you everything has got all his commission and left for another job.
KNN there are every reasons to believe that insurance companies want to make your life difficult in claiming so that you will forgo it KNN

ToaPehGong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Insurance is good. Take your money and only give back to you when you die or old age. But there seems to have this scheme around all this while. CPF?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
You are so correct lor!

AhΜeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
well said.
this has to go into sbf classic reply

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They know are known as finacial consultants and some give themselves fancy names such as financial evangelists... steady bo?