• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

No daytime dining at eateries in Ramadhan

YanDao

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
articles290614fasting.transformed.jpg

THE Brunei Islamic Religious Council (MUIB) confirmed yesterday that all restaurants — both halal and non-halal — would not be allowed to serve food for daytime diners during Ramadhan.

MUIB Acting Secretary Hj Abd Aziz Hj Akop (pic) said restaurants are still allowed to remain open to accommodate take-away orders.

Reading from a statement at a press conference yesterday, he said restaurants serving dine-in customers during the fasting hours in the month of Ramadhan would be penalised under the Syariah Penal Code Order.

Restaurant owners have been advised to inform their staff — either verbally or in writing — regarding the rules or prepare a notice informing all customers that dining-in is prohibited during the fasting period.

Quoting Chapter 195 of the Syariah Penal Code Order, “Not Respecting the Month of Ramadhan”, he said any individual found eating, drinking or inhaling anything in public could receive a fine of up to $4,000 and/or a maximum of one-year imprisonment.

Hj Abd Aziz said that these public places include restaurants, food courts, cafes and markets.

The acting MUIB secretary emphasised that both Muslims and non-Muslims would be liable under this provision.

If a restaurant was caught serving food or drinks to individuals during the fasting hours, it will be assumed that the owner of the restaurant is abetting in the crime and will be liable for punishment, he added.

However, he said the penalty does not apply to healthcare workers administering medicine or serving food to patients requiring it.

“For example, if an individual finds an injured person in the middle of the street who needed food, water or medicine, then the individual feeding the injured person will not be committing an offence under this provision,” said Hj Abd Aziz.

The acting secretary did not take questions from the media during the press conference at the Ministry of Religious Affairs headquarters.

It was previously reported that restaurants owners were unclear about the daytime dining ban during Ramadhan.

The MUIB last year issued a directive prohibiting restaurants to serve food to customers at their premises during the fasting period. The directive also applies to foreigners, including tourists.

The Brunei Times

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That is sooooo extreme...

The whole fucking world does not revolve around your freaking religion..get it? loser!!!!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
That is sooooo extreme...

The whole fucking world does not revolve around your freaking religion..get it? loser!!!!

Brunei is a Muslim state and can pass whatever law it wants in their own country.

They are not trying to impose it upon the whole fucking world geddit?

vincenttan

Alfrescian
Loyal
After all the Harem Girls, Sex parties, white slavery and human chattel. He now tries to "Do Good" and behave!!! LOL.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Brunei is a Muslim state and can pass whatever law it wants in their own country.

They are not trying to impose it upon the whole fucking world geddit?

THE Brunei Islamic Religious Council (MUIB) confirmed yesterday that all restaurants — both halal and non-halal — would not be allowed to serve food for daytime diners during Ramadhan.

see what i mean????

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

see what i mean????

The non-halal are operating in a Muslim state. They have to respect the religion and customs of the nation.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The non-halal are operating in a Muslim state. They have to respect the religion and customs of the nation.

that is called intolerance...

Thailand is a Buddhist country and they don't behave like that. You don't demand respect, you earn it..

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Have never been to Brunei but I heard that it is a really boring place. Heard that at night the whole place shuts down.

If you are a foreigner working there is a real hardship. Anyone can confirm?

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Boring for its citizens but the royalties are having all the fun. You can still get alcohol if you know the natives there and it will be served discreetly. Hardship not really, the girls there loves Sinkie men, easily can hook up with them after a few outings. Minahs will always be minahs.

Have never been to Brunei but I heard that it is a really boring place. Heard that at night the whole place shuts down.

Last edited:

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Brunei is a very small country just like Sillypore but it's blessed with valuable natural resources.
It is indeed a boring place to live together with the locals as they always pray 5 times a day without much entertainment.
However all the restrictions are only limited to local peasants.

One man who is "above the law" together with his cronies of royal families can have anything you can ever dream of getting.
You can guess why there are quite a few "white elephant completed projects" over there which serve no economical returns to the country.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bak kut teh proprietors will have to serve "bak-kut-teh-to-go" in plastic bags, including halal bkt. :p

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you like discos. pubs, nightlife, it sucks there. If you like nature, outdoors hiking, wildlife, its not bad. Foreigners working there learn to adapt to the country's ways. Singaporeans working/based there seem to like the low cost cars, golfing, sea and marine activities. Chinese still get to live Chinese ways, except that open display of pork isn't allowed, has to be "hidden." Those who like to booze, will have to take a drive across the border into Sarawak to booze up. Non-muslims are allowed to carry in their individual quota of alcoholic beverages. Rich Bruneians I hear take the morning flight to Singapore, spend their day in Orchard Road, and return by the night flight. Cars, gasoline, houses are cheap. And there is no income tax. I stayed at a very grand hotel, the Country Empire (or something like that) and it was beautiful and luxurious, except, they don't carry or sell booze there (or the entire nation). Luckily I brought my own, otherwise my visit would have sucked.

Cheers!

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I stayed there for 6 months cant stand the stupid Java Muslim, reap stupid people. If not for the oil money this shit Java m&d place can be LKY fishing village.