• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NO By-Elections in AMK GRC

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sep 29, 2010
No by-election in AMK GRC

NO BY-ELECTION has been planned to replace the late Dr Balaji, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said.

PM Lee told reporters that a by-election is not on the cards for Ang Mo Kio GRC. He saw no difficulty in the five other MPs taking over Dr Balaji's duties in the GRC's Cheng San-Seletar ward.

'There is nothing automatic about calling a by-election. We have discussed this many times,' he said in response to a reporter's question. This is in keeping with what happened in Jurong GRC, when a by-election was not called after MP Ong Chit Chung died in July 2008.
===============================

Which clearly begs the million dollar question, why wasn't AMK GRC made a 5 person GRC in the bloody first place?

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am thankful that there will be no by-election for the vacated AMK GRC seat.

Let's not get bogged down by such electoral hassles.

Let's focus on more pressing issues of GDP growth and keeping Singapore buzzing, with mega events like F1 night races and YOG.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Let's focus on more pressing issues of GDP growth and keeping Singapore buzzing, with mega events like F1 night races and YOG.
u stay in amk grc meh? :confused: ... if not, nothing 2 do wif u, wat! ...

u mor interested in ah loon 2 appear n boast n up his own salary ... :rolleyes:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought that GRC concept is to enable the minority gets represented???, one Indian gone, they have to replace another...

They are scared to loose, have to spurs in their hides to FIGHT!...wonder what Dr. Balaji has done for me, that they Shit Times, keep echoing that, the people loves him??

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought that GRC concept is to enable the minority gets represented???, one Indian gone, they have to replace another...

They are scared to loose, have to spurs in their hides to FIGHT!...wonder what Dr. Balaji has done for me, that they Shit Times, keep echoing that, the people loves him??

Excellent point.

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can already imagine the intense media focus on this by-election contest, if there's one, seen as the barometer for the up-coming GE.

Eh, let's not waste precious resources here.

I'd rather had Mediacorp channelling their funds to produce more local dramas.

The Pinoy and Taiwanese dramas showing now not nice to watch. :(

u stay in amk grc meh? :confused: ... if not, nothing 2 do wif u, wat! ...

u mor interested in ah loon 2 appear n boast n up his own salary ... :rolleyes:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I can already imagine the intense media focus on this by-election contest, if there's one, seen as the barometer for the up-coming GE.

Eh, let's not waste precious resources here.

I'd rather had Mediacorp channelling their funds to produce more local dramas.

The Pinoy and Taiwanese dramas showing now not nice to watch. :(

You kid, me not???:biggrin:

Baroko

Alfrescian
Loyal

You are just parroting what your masters taught you. Of course the wiser ones will know that the real reason not to have a by election to make sure the opposition won't win another seat.

To take it further if more than 3 members of a GRC suddenly perish in and accident (I don't wish for this to happen even to my enemies) then do you still think the rest of the MPs can cope with the extra work if a by election is not called?

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry I serve no master. These are my personal comments. Is it that hard to hear a differing view?

Having 3 members of a GRC suddenly up lorry is indeed an interesting postulation. I'd say we will cross the bridge when we get there.

You are just parroting what your masters taught you. Of course the wiser ones will know that the real reason not to have a by election to make sure the opposition won't win another seat.

To take it further if more than 3 members of a GRC suddenly perish in and accident (I don't wish for this to happen even to my enemies) then do you still think the rest of the MPs can cope with the extra work if a by election is not called?

Airlib

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I get to vote again this coming election, I will more than happy... Never even think of by-elections.... Come on lor... GRC leh... 1 down... still got 4 more to tahan mah... Scare what....

Which brings me to this note to ponder... If any of the opps MP were to 'chop passport'... Will there be a by-election then???

Which then brings to the point about CST going to contest in a GRC... For I believe in the event that he can't last till the next GE after this up-coming one and in the event of a by-election at PP, it might be a losing situation for the opps as the PAP can then field in the Sitoh guy who is kept in cold-storage for some time to be out, saying he has the experience in PP.

So by fielding his wife to front PP in the coming election, he can still make his presence felt, while trying to win a GRC over, if not worse case, at least pull down the overall percentage of PAP.

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya w e reason coz it's an smc lol

If my memory serves me correctly, even MP in SMC up lorry, there will also be no by-election. History has shown that the disqualification of JBJ in Anson in 1986 did not result in By-election as the ruling party said their MPs in nearby constituencies can look after Anson. So no matter how, they will rule. Somemore, I remember with the co-operation of HDB, they show real brute force in "bulldozing" JBJ's void deck MP office the moment he is disqualified.

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very interersting trivia. So Oppo MP uplorry in a SMC also no by-election?

If my memory serves me correctly, even MP in SMC up lorry, there will also be no by-election. History has shown that the disqualification of JBJ in Anson in 1986 did not result in By-election as the ruling party said their MPs in nearby constituencies can look after Anson. So no matter how, they will rule. Somemore, I remember with the co-operation of HDB, they show real brute force in "bulldozing" JBJ's void deck MP office the moment he is disqualified.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whoever MIW and Shit times praise, are the enemy of the people.