• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Nike to Layoff 1600 Employees

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nike set for over 1,600 layoffs in restructure​

The Oregon-based company has said that it wants to better use its capital to invest in its growth areas.
Riccardo Bresaola February 19, 2024
Share this article

main65d4db0297f07.jpg
As part of its general plan to cut costs, Nike said it will simplify its product assortment, and increase automation and technology use (Mario Tama/Getty Images).
Sportswear giant NIKE is cutting 2% of its current workforce, and is reportedly set to lay off more than 1,600 jobs as part of broader restructuring.
The Beaverton, Oregon-based company has said – various media sites have reported – that it wants to better use its capital to invest in its growth areas, such as running, women’s, and its iconic Jordan brand.
In a memo obtained by business news television channel CNBC, Nike chief executive John Donahoe said: “This is how we will reignite our growth. This is a painful reality and not one that I take lightly. We are not currently performing at our best, and I ultimately hold myself and my leadership team accountable.”

At the time of writing, Donahoe and his leadership team have not resigned.
Nike has said that the layoffs will take place in two phases, with the first round this week, and the second set to be completed by the end of its fiscal fourth quarter this year.