• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nicole Seah demands for accountability from bus companies following recent traffic ac

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]Nicole Seah demands for accountability from bus companies following recent traffic accidents involving buses[/h]Posted by temasektimes on April 10, 2012
Popular young politician Nicole Seah has demanded for accountability from bus companies SBS Transit and SMRT following two horrific road traffic accidents involving their drivers.
Last Saturday, a 66 year old woman was run over and killed on the spot by a SBS Transit bus driven by a PRC driver. Yesterday, a primary school boy was knocked down by a SMRT bus and fractured his ankle.
In her latest posting on Facebook, Nicole wrote the increasing number of such reports is worrying which has led to greater insecurity and loss of confidence in both commuters and pedestrians alike.
She added that there needs to be greater accountability and raised the following questions to the relevant authorities:
1. Are the bus companies able to furnish statistics demonstrating the number of fatalities arising from public transport-related incidents over the past decade? Has there been a trend of an increasing amount of fatalities or casualities that the citizens of Singapore should be concerned about? If the bus companies have already detected such a trend, what are the measures put in place to resolve this problem?
2. What are the hiring practices for bus captains? How rigorous and stringent is their probation period before they are allowed onto the roads? For new citizens or foreign employees, what are the practices involved in ensuring that they are familiarised with the road conduct in Singapore and its traffic rules?
The recent spate of accidents also lead to rising concerns over the driving skills of foreign bus drivers under the employment of both bus companies.
Both the government and the public transport companies have declined to furnish more information to the public on their hiring policies as well as the number of traffic accidents caused by foreign drivers.
However, Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew said in Parliament on Monday that all foreign drivers are ‘adequately’ trained before they are allowed to drive on Singapore roads:
“The more important thing actually is to make sure (that), regardless of nationality, every driver is adequately trained, appropriately qualified, and especially if they come from abroad, then they are given the kind of orientation that will help them familiarise themselves with the peculiarities of the system in Singapore.”
He added that “bus driver salaries for this sector should remain market-driven, and private bus operators should make their own commercial decisions on how to ensure that their businesses remain viable in the face of a tightening labour market.”
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________​

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Nicole Seah demands for accountability from bus companies following recent traffi

steady lah this charbo :wink:

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Nicole Seah demands for accountability from bus companies following recent traffi

this is what i know:

i heard from my previous taxi hirer who was an ex-TIBS driver, the salary was around $1200 excluding OT. after smrt took over, they pay them fix salary and no OT. foreigners who drive bus for them are given housing but for locals, they can hardly survive.

if i am not wrong nowadays, foreign bus drivers pay is around $2000 and their accommodation also provided but they worked as hard as 12 hours shift, 6 days week.

hope the above help!:smile:

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C

bro...if this is the case then at some point fatigue and burnout can occur ....followed by carelessness/poor reactions and accidents.

The authorities should look into the drivers' schedules

this is what i know:

i heard from my previous taxi hirer who was an ex-TIBS driver, the salary was around $1200 excluding OT. after smrt took over, they pay them fix salary and no OT. foreigners who drive bus for them are given housing but for locals, they can hardly survive.

if i am not wrong nowadays, foreign bus drivers pay is around $2000 and their accommodation also provided but they worked as hard as 12 hours shift, 6 days week.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

bro...if this is the case then at some point fatigue and burnout can occur ....followed by carelessness/poor reactions and accidents.

You are asking thieves to look into the theft :biggrin:

How many times have such investigations turned out to be wayang? Remember Mas Selamet?

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

How many times have such investigations turned out to be wayang? Remember Mas Selamet?

Steady lah Bro!!

I too believe nothing will come out of any investigation.

KNN, look at MRT? After all the hoohar, all the cable tie bull crap.

Trains are still breaking down.

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal

yes, yes... this is what i meant. now, nicole girl, go and shoot them! if you can kindly mention erection and my nick in your report, we will feel honoured...:o:biggrin:

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal

KNN, look at MRT? After all the hoohar, all the cable tie bull crap.
Trains are still breaking down.

Tired of following and chasing their problem fixing. Machiam like following comic books, New Issue will come out every now and then. The lady left a pile of problems for them to clear while she joins another company to make breads. Let's watch if Sunshine bread will really shine.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C

haha good one bro....never saw it that way. I just hope that something is done before more accidents occur.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C

if nicole mention erection then i may get erection.....at last !!!! Now not working properly la. :(

yes, yes... this is what i meant. now, nicole girl, go and shoot them! if you can kindly mention erection and my nick in your report, we will feel honoured...:o:biggrin:

Suzie

Alfrescian
Loyal

this is what i know:

one signal to know that your facts are

right is when u hear MPs asking

for bus drivers' pay to be increase.

aStranger

Alfrescian
Loyal

This woman talks too much. she needs to understand that talking doesnt resolve anything but action does. Now i see the light, she is just another bozo.