• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Next G.E, we will B play out by the old timers again!!!!

Meteour

Alfrescian
Loyal
his coming General Election, as what had happened in the past elections, we may be again played out by the older generation again.

The Ah sims, the amahs, the Ah Kongs in their 60s, 70s, 80s.. are likely to vote for the scums papies as they held Lky and cronies in high regard. Becos they witness the transformation of a kampong squatter sg to what sg is now.

Unless the educated sons n daughters explain the current malaise of Singapore to them.

They r a force to reckon with....

.:mad:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Old timers not affected by foreign trash coming in ma. They don't take AssMRT during peak hours, so no need to squeeze with foreign trash.

Old timers no need jobs. All retire can relax at home, so no need worry bout foreign trash compete for their jobs.

Old timers time almost up. No point taking risks!

To sum it up....old may not be gold!

yellow people

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Unless the educated sons n daughters explain the current malaise of Singapore to them.

Unfortunately those dogs in civil service will not break their own rice bowls. Selfish ones for HDB, stocks etc.. and so they will continue to be assed and cow peh cow bu. :biggrin:

For those who are not then their younger generation will suffer. :biggrin:

flkyflky

Alfrescian
Loyal
his coming General Election, as what had happened in the past elections, we may be again played out by the older generation again.

The Ah sims, the amahs, the Ah Kongs in their 60s, 70s, 80s.. are likely to vote for the scums papies as they held Lky and cronies in high regard. Becos they witness the transformation of a kampong squatter sg to what sg is now.

Don't worry lah, many of them already Kee Chia & Kau Teng Kee already.

上车 + 交登记。

Baroko

Alfrescian
Loyal

Friend,
You could be wrong. IMHO the mostly uneducated ah peks and ah sohs and the Muslim community may be on the PAP side. But the educated older generation who went to universities local and foreign, are not for the PAP. At least that shows with my friends in this age group. They may be thankful to the older generation PAP like GKS, Rajaratnam, Toh Chin Chye, LKY and the likes, but you can be certain that they would vote otherwise if given the opportunity.

The biggest is the GRC system which favours the PAP which must be abolished if we are to see more opposition faces in Parliament. Only then may we have a true democracy.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal

There has been a very unexpected shift in the PAP support based. Previously, it was just the P65 who were unhappy with the PAP policies.

Recently however, there has been rumblings from even the older segment as well. Many of those 55 and above appear to feel that they have played out by the PAP. This was first observed by Tan Kin Lian in his blog.

For the current election, the demographic is such that approximately 50% of the voters are born before 1965 while approximately 50% of the voters are born after 1965. In the next election, the percentage will be 75% born after 1965 and 25% born before 1965.

Based on past voting patterns, most Opposition parties figure that while there will be some gains in this election, the real battle will be in the next election.

The unexpected souring of the grey vote however might lead to some unexpected results in the coming election. After FT and HDB, it might therefore be timely for us to examine how the elderly have been affected by the PAP's policies.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Old timers not affected by foreign trash coming in ma. They don't take AssMRT during peak hours, so no need to squeeze with foreign trash.

Old timers no need jobs. All retire can relax at home, so no need worry bout foreign trash compete for their jobs.

Old timers time almost up. No point taking risks!

To sum it up....old may not be gold!
To add to your observation, some more old timers now & then get ang pow from garmen :cool: ! Remember Life Transformers 2 on TV, Old Lady claimed LKY is Spore Saviour !

S

Sun Jian

To add to your observation, some more old timers now & then get ang pow from garmen :cool: ! Remember Life Transformers 2 on TV, Old Lady claimed LKY is Spore Saviour !

However it will be different if she wants to speak negatively about the FAP. Kena ban on the spot. :biggrin:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In our first-past-the-post system, increase in percentage of votes will not necessary result in increase of seats. It really depend on each individual constituency.

Baroko

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just to be seen as political correct on national TV if Mediacorpse pokes a camera in my face I will say the same thing and take the money, but my vote still go to the opposition.

Conclusion: Old lady could be damn smart.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Fair game. If Pap can attract the old people's votes then they deserve it. If the opposition want to go into parliament, then they must do their job of convincing them to vote wisely. This is democracy.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just to be seen as political correct on national TV if Mediacorpse pokes a camera in my face I will say the same thing and take the money, but my vote still go to the opposition.

Conclusion: Old lady could be damn smart.

You are right ! Money enter pocket first .... after that vote opp :cool:
In 1959, voters also take Progressive party cars to poll station .... then go inside & vote PAP ...... history must repeat itself now .... the old folks not all so stoogie ..... ...:biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
That's why when an elderly person asks me for help, may it be to buy tissues or for directions, I will ask them who they voted for.
If their reply is pappies, I will ask them to go and ask them for help.
Some people may think this is hard hearted, but I see no other way to make them realize.