• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Newton Circus cleaner used mop to clean toilet, floor and then... seats and tables!

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Filthy practice witnessed at Newton hawker centre
Shin Min Daily News - 1 hr 0 seconds ago

pc_600x450.jpg
<cite style="display: block; font-style: normal; font-size: 10px; margin-top: 4px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 4px; margin-left: 0px; ">(Pic / Internet)</cite>
Cleaners at Newton hawker centre have been using filthy mops to clean the tables and chairs.

This practice was discovered by a member of the public, Ms Cai (25, clerk), when she was at the hawker centre.

At about 4pm on 7 November, Ms Cai was shocked when she witnessed cleaners at the hawker centre using a mop to clean the tables and chairs.

This was after the same mop was used to clear the drains and clean the floor.

She also witnessed the workers using the same mop to clean up oil stains on floors and dirty water in front of food stalls.

Ms Cai was shocked to realise that the cleaners appeared to be using the same mop to clean the entire hawker centre.

She feels that this is terribly filthy and unhygienic.

"People's pants will get soiled the moment they sit on the seats. Their hands will also get dirty once they touch the table" she exclaimed.

Ms Cai often patronises Newton hawker centre and this is the first time she witnessed such an act.

Reporters spoke to the hawker centre's cleaning supervisor and found out that the cleaning contractor had taken over the job only a week ago.

Cleaning supervisor Kati, 42, explained, "We actually have four different mops for the cleaners so they can use different ones to clear the drains, and clean the tables and chairs. Maybe they have not learnt to differentiate the mops yet."

She added, "I want to apologise to the customers for the mistake. I will remind the cleaners not to make the same mistake again."

Source: Shin Min Daily News, 9 December 2011.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Newton Circus cleaner used mop to clean toilet, floor and then... seats and table

Ha ha.............lucky me long time never stop at Newton Circus. All food and drink are overprice.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Newton Circus cleaner used mop to clean toilet, floor and then... seats and table

lianbeng says, "NEA just nearby also dare to do that? sibeh eh sai leh.":biggrin:

butoh6050

Alfrescian
Loyal

Maybe they have not learnt to differentiate the mops yet."

Maybe all they have to do is label the brooms or color code them?

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Can't understand why people still went to Newton Circus when the food are very expensive, iritating touts all around pestering you non stop.. :confused:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Newton Circus hawker centre is most likely a mandatory stop for tourists on a package tour, and both the touts and the hawkers get commissions.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cleaning supervisor Kati, 42, explained, "We actually have four different mops for the cleaners so they can use different ones to clear the drains, and clean the tables and chairs. Maybe they have not learnt to differentiate the mops yet."

She added, "I want to apologise to the customers for the mistake. I will remind the cleaners not to make the same mistake again."

Source: Shin Min Daily News, 9 December 2011.
[/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]

Different mops? Mops to clean the chair and tables???????????? Walan!!! Can faint man!!!

SalahParking

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have witness a foreign worker using the same table cloth that wipes the coffeeshop table to blow his nose. He folded the cloth and used the other side to wipe the table. This is at the kopitiam near scape.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have witness a foreign worker using the same table cloth that wipes the coffeeshop table to blow his nose. He folded the cloth and used the other side to wipe the table. This is at the kopitiam near scape.

Reduce, reuse, recycle.

Cheers!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Can't understand why people still went to Newton Circus when the food are very expensive, iritating touts all around pestering you non stop.. :confused:

Ahem!, Sam sleeping on the job, "still went", should be, still go...:wink:

I don't touch the walls of any elevators after I witness the cleaner, using the same mop for the floors, clean the walls.:p

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I don't touch the walls of any elevators after I witness the cleaner, using the same mop for the floors, clean the walls.:p

It depends on what buildings those elevators are in. Hotel, office tower, newer malls etc usually have higher standards of sanitation.

For elevators in HDB blocks... good luck with that.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ahem!, Sam sleeping on the job, "still went", should be, still go...:wink:

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger :smile:

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Singapore is a 1st world nation with 3rd world mentality. This incident and the number of dirty eating places are common everywhere. Even at Suntec City the Fountain Foodcourt offer toilet paper as tissues. Really low class.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

third world low paid FW , well let say dun expect much from them.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

NEA jiak liao bee wan. If you do a bacteria count test around the whole island, you know how irresponsible NEA is. Almost more than half of the diseases in Singapore are caused by bad hygiene. But NEA still operating with cuckoos 50 years ago - "What you cannot see cannot kill you, What does not kill you make you stronger" If the State Times is really a responsible state propaganda agency, it should conduct bacteria tests in the top 10 most popular food courts to check. After the results get publicized, either heads will roll or someone will be transferred out to another cushy position.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

so common lah.old uncle always see cleaners using the same dirty cloth to clean everything...the tables, the chairs, the floors, the seats ,the bird's shit and then he even cleaned his groins and legs...what do you expect. just look at the cleaners - all angry people.they bang the tables.they throw the cups and bowls.complained here and there.they even spilled the leftovers all over.the even spit at you if you dare to complain. we are a lost society - a lost people.

just look at their faces - full of anger, full of fury, full of shit and full of helplessness...nanbeh, not happy don't work lah...see them spoil my appetite!!!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Singapore is a 1st world nation with 3rd world mentality. This incident and the number of dirty eating places are common everywhere. Even at Suntec City the Fountain Foodcourt offer toilet paper as tissues. Really low class.

Cleaners at our kpts love to sweep the floor when customers are having their meal. Ok if they use a mop but broom?

M

Mdm Tang

so common lah.old uncle always see cleaners using the same dirty cloth to clean everything...the tables, the chairs, the floors, the seats ,the bird's shit and then he even cleaned his groins and legs...what do you expect. just look at the cleaners - all angry people.they bang the tables.they throw the cups and bowls.complained here and there.they even spilled the leftovers all over.the even spit at you if you dare to complain. we are a lost society - a lost people.

just look at their faces - full of anger, full of fury, full of shit and full of helplessness...nanbeh, not happy don't work lah...see them spoil my appetite!!!

Coffee Shop Fight ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhkVC8bRJJs