• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo resigns!!!!!!

TerrexLee

Alfrescian
Loyal
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced his resignation today, a week after the New York attorney general's investigation found that he sexually harassed multiple women.

Cuomo's resignation will take effect in 14 days, and then, New York Lt. Gov. Kathy Hochul will take over as governor.

In a tweet following Cuomo's announcement, Hochul said she agreed with the governor's decision to step down.

"It is the right thing to do and in the best interest of New Yorkers," she wrote. "As someone who has served at all levels of government and is next in the line of succession, I am prepared to lead as New York State’s 57th Governor."

Hochul, 62, will be the state's first female governor. A Buffalo native, she was first elected lieutenant governor of New York in 2014 as Cuomo's running mate and won reelection alongside him in 2018.

More at https://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-news/andrew-cuomo-investigation-08-10-21/index.html

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced his resignation today, a week after the New York attorney general's investigation found that he sexually harassed multiple women.

Cuomo's resignation will take effect in 14 days, and then, New York Lt. Gov. Kathy Hochul will take over as governor.

In a tweet following Cuomo's announcement, Hochul said she agreed with the governor's decision to step down.

Hochul, 62, will be the state's first female governor. A Buffalo native, she was first elected lieutenant governor of New York in 2014 as Cuomo's running mate and won reelection alongside him in 2018.

More at https://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-news/andrew-cuomo-investigation-08-10-21/index.html

As per my previous posts about people reaching the top posts/levels.......

very high chance they are cut throat, rebel, ruthless, asshole, not nice guys........

Another one to add to the evidence.

in3deep

Alfrescian
Loyal
The world works in mysterious ways… he was the hero of American covid response and he love it conducting his press conference as it it was a live movie event

and now he’s a dirty sleazeball

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

A masterclass in leadership: Andrew Cuomo​

https://suzanbond.medium.com/?source=post_page-----8c34a853a7ee--------------------------------
Suzan Bond
Suzan Bond

Apr 24, 2020 · 6 min read

Every morning I have a frittata. It’s a ritual I started when I was a COO for a scaling startup, as a way of fortifying myself for a packed schedule ahead. As a business owner, I’ve continued the routine. While I cook, I like to listen to something. I catch up on podcasts or my favorite series. During the pandemic, I’ve tuned into the daily press briefing by Andrew Cuomo. This is noteworthy for two reasons: I haven’t watched the news in years and I dislike hearing politicians speak. This is to say that this is atypical behavior.

As a New Yorker, I started watching for the latest news about my state. I wanted to know where the outbreak was the worst and the challenges the state and its people were facing. As the pandemic worsened, I wanted information on where we were in the curve, when the sirens in my neighborhood might abate, when it might be safe to go outside again.

Every day I turn on the live feed while I make my frittata. As the olive oil heats up I listen to the daily statistics. I sauté the onions. The spinach, broccoli and bell peppers go into the pan. As the vegetables cook, I watch him talk about what’s next and what we might anticipate. By the time reporters are asking questions the dish is just going into the oven. I sit and watch while I wait for it to bake.

As I listened day after day, something new emerged: pride for my leader. As the situation stabilized I needed the press briefings less, but I kept listening. I stayed for his leadership.

Tough times like a global crisis have a way of becoming inflection points. Leading during uncertain times is like taking a leadership course on steroids. Some rise, becoming stronger for it, while others falter under the pressure. During this outbreak, Andrew Cuomo has risen to the challenge of managing one of epicenters of the world. The pride I feel in my leader isn’t about his politics or even necessarily about practical decisions like resource allocation. It’s about the pure leadership skills he demonstrates.

Every day is a masterclass in leadership.

1*qOGbZ9WMR5tAkISh3t7J6g.jpeg

Photo by Riccardo Annandale on Unsplash

Five leadership lessons to take away

Take responsibility

“To those who are upset about our careful approach — don’t blame your local official. Blame me.”

Few things are more frustrating than someone who constantly blames others when things don’t turn out well. It’s even more infuriating when it’s a leader. Navigating through tough obstacles to help the team win is a leader’s job. We respect leaders who take responsibility as a personal edict.

Leaders who embrace the position of being the bad guy make us feel more safe. We don’t worry that they’re trying to hide something from us. We trust they’re going to be direct and transparent — that they’ll share the good and, the bad news. It’s easier to believe they’ll be honest about whatever happens. Even when they fail, we don’t doubt they’ll work doggedly to solve problems that arise. Leaders who take responsibility become trusted and often beloved, even when they’re imperfect.

Create community

“You have a responsibility to act prudently because you’re not just putting your own life at risk…It’s not about me, it about we.”

1*xfwtJZHQ0nWlY3HbOAF_pg.jpeg

1*xfwtJZHQ0nWlY3HbOAF_pg.jpeg

Photo by Nicole Baster on Unsplash
The most masterful leaders act as community managers, fostering a sense of community inside their organization. Strong leaders remind people of the values the community holds dear (“tough, smart, disciplined, unified, loving”) to remind them that we’re in it together. They act as a maestro, encouraging everyone to play their part.

They share a vision of what the future can look like and, explain the role of every person in the community. These leaders give people a sense of purpose, letting them know their role in the community. (Staying home means saving lives.) The most effective leaders show how where you fit and how you can have an impact. They help you see your part in the overall goals. Masterful leaders know that when we’re all rowing in the same direction, each doing our part — we become a force multiplier propelling us to our goal faster and with less friction.

Focus on the problem (and avoiding in-fighting)

“This is not the time for confusion or disagreement.” It’s not the time, place or situation to start divisive politics.”

1*BAt0KK_Ru0C0InbPoTQEwg.jpeg

1*BAt0KK_Ru0C0InbPoTQEwg.jpeg

Photo by Anna Samoylova on Unsplash
Rather than fight with other leaders he sees the real enemy: a virus that’s taken many lives across the world. When anyone tries to goad him into a fight, he refuses to take the bait. In his arena, it’s easy to see how politics can fall into creating sides, making enemies out of others but it in companies too.

Too many companies stumble when they don’t get a grasp on internal conflicts. When in-fighting begins to grow, it becomes a distraction and can eventually take over existing priorities. This threatens the well-being of the entire ecosystem, even threatening its existence if not kept in check.

It’s human nature to find an enemy to vanquish. It can provide a rallying cry, solidifying a team during a crisis. The best leaders know that if an enemy is needed, it isn’t within your walls, it’s outside of it. The most effective leaders help the team stick together. They know the outcome they’re driving towards, refusing to be lured away. They know that division drives us towards failure and unity the faster way to win.

Keep the team focused

“This is a profound moment in history. Our actions shape our future. If we get reckless today, we’ll suffer the consequences tomorrow.”

After a month of focused action, the trend was heading in the right direction but, the battle wasn’t over yet. People needed perspective about where they were in the fight (“This is a marathon, not a sprint.”) and a reminder of the consequences if they didn’t stay the course.

When facing big challenges, especially those which threaten the entire system, it’s easy to get distracted. All those human feelings show up. We get antsy, we’re tired of the drudgery of doing the same thing day after day, we want to shift our attention elsewhere. It’s hard to stay motivated over long stretches of time. It’s just human nature.

To overcome a challenge requires focus. It means putting in effort day after day, all while waiting for those returns to pile up into recognizable achievement. This requires perseverance, resilience and above all, focus. Masterful leaders know how to draw a line between our actions and the results. They keep us motivated when we get fatigued.

Show your humanity

“Mom made me.”

This was his response when his brother Chris thanked him for coming on his television show, giving us a glimpse at their brotherly love. He tells stories about Sunday dinners and explains what the affectionate term “meatball” means from his Italian heritage. He shows incredible compassion when he shares negative information. (“Now for the terrible news.”) He shows that he’s human.

Being a leader and and a human is a tricky line to navigate. Having confidence is necessary for trust and yet, they won’t if you pretend that you’re perfect. This is a common struggle for leaders. As one once told me, “I need to convey confidence to employees, investors and customers. I can’t look like I’m falling apart.” Even though it’s tricky, when they do find that balance the whole team benefits.

We hold leaders to sky high standards. We expect a lot out of them, as we should. We also forget that leaders are human, which means they’re fallible. They make mistakes, have bad days and sometimes make poor decisions.

It’s hard for any of us to admit when we’ve made a mistake — even harder for leaders whose work is very public. While he might have a bigger stage, all leaders face having their work scrutinized by the team, investors, customers, and the public. Admitting when you’re wrong means being willing to be vulnerable. Showing your humanity is also what makes others’ trust and ultimately, to follow you. To be a leader you have to influence others, to get them to follow your lead. This is when the whole team wins.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

Gov. Cuomo sent 6,300 COVID-19 patients to nursing homes during pandemic​

By Vincent Barone

July 8, 2020 | 11:58pm | Updated

Enlarge Image
cuomo nursing homes covid-19

Richard Harbus

Sign up for our special edition newsletter to get a daily update on the coronavirus pandemic.

New York dispatched more than 6,300 recovering coronavirus patients into vulnerable nursing homes during the height of the pandemic, officials said this week.
The transfers were made under a now-scrapped, highly criticized policy that barred nursing homes from refusing to take in COVID-19 patients — a directive from the Cuomo administration intending to free up hospital beds for the sickest patients.

New York is now home to one of the highest nursing home death tolls in the nation, with more than 6,400 deaths in homes and long-term care facilities tied to the virus.

But Gov. Andrew Cuomo and his administration argue that the controversial policy is not to blame for the tragic figure.

State Health Commissioner Dr. Howard Zucker instead said the virus was spread by the 20,000 infected home staffers, many of whom kept going to work in March and April unaware that they were sick — findings outlined in a DOH report issued Monday.

“Facts matter. And those are the facts,” Zucker said during a news conference Monday.

The report backs claims Cuomo had been making for weeks that sick staff, not transported patients, had caused the deadly spread through nursing homes.
Critics in the state Legislature have challenged the report’s credibility, with lawmakers planning to move ahead with public hearings on the nursing home death, NY1 reported.

Assemblyman Ron Kim (D-Queens), condemned the report as a “cover-up.”

“This is a conflict of interest for the health department to investigate its own poor decisions,” Kim said on Monday.

“For them to say that the decision of sending COVID-19 patients from hospitals into nursing did not contribute to increasing infections is ludicrous,” Kim said.
Cuomo senior adviser Richard Azzopardi clapped back at some of the criticism Monday.

“Once again, Ron Kim doesn’t know what he’s talking about and apparently doesn’t care about embarrassing himself,” Azzopardi said at the time. “The DOH report was peer-reviewed by experts at Mount Sinai and Northwell Health, and it’s disturbing that this politician is refusing to believe facts, science and dates on a calendar.”

With Post wires

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

It’s good Cuomo’s gone, but don’t forget the nursing home scandal​

By Janice Dean

August 10, 2021 | 5:46pm | Updated

Enlarge Image
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo arrives to depart in his helicopter after announcing his resignation in Manhattan, New York City, U.S., August 10, 2021.

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo arrives to depart in his helicopter after announcing his resignation in Manhattan, August 10, 2021. REUTERS/Caitlin Ochs

I’ve always said it doesn’t matter what ultimately brings down Gov. Cuomo. In the end, it turned out to be a report on sexual harassment. The abuse, detailed in state Attorney General Letitia James’ report last week, was repulsive. Those of us who lost parents, grandparents and in-laws to Cuomo’s killer nursing-home order can’t begrudge his other victims their victory.

Still, it would be a tragedy of the downfall of Cuomo were to spell the end of the inquiry into his catastrophic nursing-home decision and the subsequent attempted cover-up. That would allow many Cuomo cronies and malefactors to carry on with their political and administrative careers without getting to the root of how the decision came to be made —and how the soon-to-be-former governor managed to hide its toll for months.

Tuesday’s damning report from James concluded that the governor — the same one who was being hailed as a presidential candidate last summer — sexually harassed multiple women and in doing so violated federal and New York state law.

Listening to these women’s stories of being “terrified,” “demeaned” and being taken advantage of made me so angry. And not just because of the situations they were forced into, but because Cuomo almost got away with it.

This is just one of the many investigations into the governor’s conduct and behavior. Cuomo’s power-hungry reign over New York extended into a pandemic with the governor celebrating himself instead of actually helping the people he represents.

Families of COVID-19 victims who passed away in New York nursing homes gather to demand New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo apologize for his response to clusters in nursing homes during the pandemic, Oct. 18, 2020.AP Photo/Yuki Iwamura, File

Sending COVID-positive patients into nursing homes for 46 days helped kill thousands of elderly, including my husband’s parents. But if you watched the news last spring, you probably would never have known.

He was riding high on his popularity: winning an Emmy award, creating and selling creepy posters of a conquered “COVID mountain” and signing a $5.1 million book deal. All the while, he covered up how his decisions led to seniors dying — by the thousands.

I can’t lie: I’m angry that the deaths of over 15,000 seniors didn’t bring headlines or get the scorn that it should have from our elected officials. To them, our greatest generation doesn’t seem to matter. President Biden’s Department of Justice civil investigation into the nursing-home tragedy in New York, New Jersey, Michigan and Pennsylvania was dropped just last week. Why?

A woman attends a memorial honoring those that have died of COVID-19 in nursing homes one year after the March 25, 2020 executive order by Andrew Cuomo in which nursing homes in New York state were forced to take in untested patients.REUTERS/Eduardo Munoz

This should be one of the biggest stories of the pandemic. Against all scientific evidence, governments ordered infected patients into the homes where our most vulnerable resided. That doesn’t deserve our attention? Shouldn’t we know the origins of the mandate? Or does the truth just get buried along with our precious family members?

My friend Assemblyman Ron Kim, who lost his uncle in a nursing home recently, assured me that he and his colleagues will continue the probe into nursing homes here in New York. But he says we have to get the governor out first. Once his power is gone, we can finally hold him accountable for the thousands of unnecessary deaths under his leadership.

So I will take comfort that Cuomo is resigning, and hold out hope for the truth.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It’s good Cuomo’s gone, but don’t forget the nursing home scandal​

By Janice Dean

August 10, 2021 | 5:46pm | Updated

Enlarge Image
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo arrives to depart in his helicopter after announcing his resignation in Manhattan, New York City, U.S., August 10, 2021.

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo arrives to depart in his helicopter after announcing his resignation in Manhattan, August 10, 2021. REUTERS/Caitlin Ochs

I’ve always said it doesn’t matter what ultimately brings down Gov. Cuomo. In the end, it turned out to be a report on sexual harassment. The abuse, detailed in state Attorney General Letitia James’ report last week, was repulsive. Those of us who lost parents, grandparents and in-laws to Cuomo’s killer nursing-home order can’t begrudge his other victims their victory.

Still, it would be a tragedy of the downfall of Cuomo were to spell the end of the inquiry into his catastrophic nursing-home decision and the subsequent attempted cover-up. That would allow many Cuomo cronies and malefactors to carry on with their political and administrative careers without getting to the root of how the decision came to be made —and how the soon-to-be-former governor managed to hide its toll for months.

Tuesday’s damning report from James concluded that the governor — the same one who was being hailed as a presidential candidate last summer — sexually harassed multiple women and in doing so violated federal and New York state law.

Listening to these women’s stories of being “terrified,” “demeaned” and being taken advantage of made me so angry. And not just because of the situations they were forced into, but because Cuomo almost got away with it.

This is just one of the many investigations into the governor’s conduct and behavior. Cuomo’s power-hungry reign over New York extended into a pandemic with the governor celebrating himself instead of actually helping the people he represents.

Families of COVID-19 victims who passed away in New York nursing homes gather to demand New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo apologize for his response to clusters in nursing homes during the pandemic, Oct. 18, 2020.AP Photo/Yuki Iwamura, File

Sending COVID-positive patients into nursing homes for 46 days helped kill thousands of elderly, including my husband’s parents. But if you watched the news last spring, you probably would never have known.

He was riding high on his popularity: winning an Emmy award, creating and selling creepy posters of a conquered “COVID mountain” and signing a $5.1 million book deal. All the while, he covered up how his decisions led to seniors dying — by the thousands.

I can’t lie: I’m angry that the deaths of over 15,000 seniors didn’t bring headlines or get the scorn that it should have from our elected officials. To them, our greatest generation doesn’t seem to matter. President Biden’s Department of Justice civil investigation into the nursing-home tragedy in New York, New Jersey, Michigan and Pennsylvania was dropped just last week. Why?

A woman attends a memorial honoring those that have died of COVID-19 in nursing homes one year after the March 25, 2020 executive order by Andrew Cuomo in which nursing homes in New York state were forced to take in untested patients.REUTERS/Eduardo Munoz

This should be one of the biggest stories of the pandemic. Against all scientific evidence, governments ordered infected patients into the homes where our most vulnerable resided. That doesn’t deserve our attention? Shouldn’t we know the origins of the mandate? Or does the truth just get buried along with our precious family members?

My friend Assemblyman Ron Kim, who lost his uncle in a nursing home recently, assured me that he and his colleagues will continue the probe into nursing homes here in New York. But he says we have to get the governor out first. Once his power is gone, we can finally hold him accountable for the thousands of unnecessary deaths under his leadership.

So I will take comfort that Cuomo is resigning, and hold out hope for the truth.
that’s one surefire way to kill off the elderlies.