• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New year's day present from Apple

K

Kenshin Uesugi

iPhone 4 users, did your alarm go off today?
By Hoe Yeen Nie |
Posted: 01 January 2011 1451 hrs
<table align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="260"> <tbody><tr> <td align="right" width="20"></td> <td align="right" width="240">
phpm0Yehp.jpg
</td> </tr> <tr> <td height="60" valign="top"></td> <td class="update" height="80" valign="top"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="138">Photos </td> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="47">1 of 1</td> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="18"><input disabled="disabled" id="btnPrev" value="<< Previous" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_previous.gif" height="15" type="image" width="18"></td> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="19"><input id="bntPlay" value="Play - Stop" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_stop.gif" height="15" type="image" width="19"></td> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="18"><input disabled="disabled" id="btnNext" value=" Next >> " src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_next.gif" height="15" type="image" width="18"></td> </tr> </tbody></table>
dotline_240.gif

iPhone 4
</td> </tr> <tr> <td></td> <td class="update"></td> </tr> <tr> <td></td> <td>
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
SINGAPORE: Some iPhone 4 users got off to a bad start in the New Year when the alarm function of their phones failed to go off, apparently due to a bug in the smart phone's operating system.

One affected user is Alex Lam, who called the Channel NewsAsia hotline.

"I set my alarm last night for 6.30 this morning. I only received a call from my colleague at 8am, and that was when I realised I was already late for work," Mr Lam said.

"I immediately went to work and noticed my colleagues were also late because their iPhone alarms also didn't go off."

The problem was first reported in Australia and New Zealand, which were the first countries to ring in the New Year.

And complaints have been coming fast and furious on social networking sites such as Twitter.

According to tech websites, users can avoid the problem by setting the alarm to the "repeat" mode.

The sites also report that iPhones using the iOS 4.2.1 operating system may be affected too, not just the iPhone 4. However the extent of the problem is still unclear.

iPhone maker Apple has not yet made an official comment.

But it had promised an upgrade of the operating system soon, following similar glitches in November when the phone's clock failed to register the switch from daylight savings time.

-CNA/wk

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
i rearry cannot understand what so good about apple products. I used to own apple imac and wifi router 6 to 7 years ago,all sold!:rolleyes:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...fxxking high tech product but full of user unfriendly features.
understand you have to leave the hpon for the alarm to work.
i say again...Apple is as cock as kukubird!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i rearry cannot understand what so good about apple products. I used to own apple imac and wifi router 6 to 7 years ago,all sold!:rolleyes:

Still using a 10 year old iBook even though I have an I7 PC & dual core PC.

I plan to replace the iBook with another Apple portable product when the new IPad & Mac portables are announced this year. I like the fact that Apple products are less vulnerable to viruses & other security headaches.

The biggest problem with Apple products is that newer printers are incompatible with older versions of Mac OS :(