• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

new political ideas

twochan

Alfrescian
Loyal
After reading all the manifestos of the existing political parties none of them seem to interest me.

I think the root of all the problems facing us is the need for cheap labor. I'm sure the term is very familiar to those who have served national service.

Instead of looking into the future and putting investment into automation and raising education standards, we have instead opened the floodgates to foreign talent. Such a 'quick fix' may show short term results, but in the end the locals skills degrade in comparison with the rest of the world. We end up being supervisors and managers of products of dubious quality.

Not only big MNCs, GLCs are guilty of this. Even the common household who has hired a maid for slave wages are at fault.

Given this pressing problem I propose a movement to accelerate development of smart robots to replace the foreign workers that are currently employed in the construction/service/telemarketing sectors. Our locals should find gainful employment in engineering or doing research in the area.

This new government will expend resources to upgrade the technical skills of our locals to service this new economy. We should focus our considerable Tax Dollars to solve problems that Singaporeans face. We should not spend it chasing investment/research fads that have no tangible benefit to Singaporeans.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
After reading all the manifestos of the existing political parties none of them seem to interest me.

I think the root of all the problems facing us is the need for cheap labor. I'm sure the term is very familiar to those who have served national service.

Instead of looking into the future and putting investment into automation and raising education standards, we have instead opened the floodgates to foreign talent. Such a 'quick fix' may show short term results, but in the end the locals skills degrade in comparison with the rest of the world. We end up being supervisors and managers of products of dubious quality.

Not only big MNCs, GLCs are guilty of this. Even the common household who has hired a maid for slave wages are at fault.

Given this pressing problem I propose a movement to accelerate development of smart robots to replace the foreign workers that are currently employed in the construction/service/telemarketing sectors. Our locals should find gainful employment in engineering or doing research in the area.

This new government will expend resources to upgrade the technical skills of our locals to service this new economy. We should focus our considerable Tax Dollars to solve problems that Singaporeans face. We should not spend it chasing investment/research fads that have no tangible benefit to Singaporeans.

you mean to be like Japan? making cyborgs? :biggrin: