• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New HDB homeowners. I tell you something that will scare the shit out of you!

Blue6

Alfrescian
Loyal
Six years ago, I was thinking of buying a brand new flat for the first time. So one fine day, when I happened by the near completed blocks at Fernvale Drive, I decided to take a look.

Some may asked, wouldn't I need to join the HDB registration queue? Well there is the walk in selection for flats rejected for being less desirable for one reason or another.

Nobody stopped me when I took the lift to the top floor, was it the 20th?

None of the completed flats were locked and the view from the living room was breathtaking! I could see all the way to Shenton Way!

It was when I entered the toilet that I got the shock of my life! It was filled to the brim with human excrement. I checked the other toilet and found the same thing. It had been there for a long enough period that there was no smell!

I proceeded to look at the other apartments and found the same conditions. Ditto the apartments at different floor levels, so I assumed all the apartments' toilets had been used by the construction workers.

I understand that those new HDB flats that come prefabricated and floor tiled are not permitted to be renovated for at least two years so there's is a risk of breaching regulations if you were to replace the toilet.

Sorry I have to give you this startling revelation about your brand new HDB castle in the sky!