• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious New food hygiene classification is DOOMED to FAILURE.

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
New food hygiene classification is DOOMED to FAILURE.

st_20180620_vnhawker_4072071-page-001.jpg

Dunno why they want to give long service award, show off or keep people from changing new profession?

Probably, many NEA inspectors will kena bribed because supposed somebody has a gold award showing 10yrs good food hygiene then kena sabo by one cockroach disgruntled employee during NEA surprise inspection, sure the food establishment owner will try to bribe the NEA officer to overlook the problem, otherwise everyone will know he did badly if his establishment is old but he has the 'working towards food hygiene' signboard.

NEA really think that all it's hygiene inspectors are angels? Did NEA pay them enough NOT to accept bribes (which would be overpaying, a squander of taxpayers $$$).

NEA new food hygiene award, besides being much more susceptible to bribery situations, is also technologically OBSOLETE.

Actually, since Singaporeans like to eat so much, NEA should give each food outlet a unique QR code, assessable on its own or vz an app or website.

Each year performance should be available since the food establishment was first opened. The latest performance should still be shown but concerned customers can do their own homework and double check by scanning a food hygiene QR code which should be on display at all times. A company name search should also reveal the historical hygiene results to date in case customers don't want to scan the QR code / it cannot be found at the food outlet.

Sometimes, people may also 'sell' their awards as Goodwill in a corporate takeover. If the company change ownership just after the last owner did well for 10 years of annual NEA assessment, the new owner may still cause food poisoning in many people (non cluster cases would not be easily discovered): thus people shouldn't leave their guard down just because a food outlet has a 10 years good food hygiene award.

The new bronze,silver and gold awards are also lible to become forged and no patron would be any wiser because checking would be inconvenient since one does not know the hawlker company license number.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...-to-rate-eateries-food-hygiene-from-late-2020

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I still don't understand why we could eat all sorts of shit including Ah Neh shit when we were young and I cannot recall myself or anyone else around me getting food poisoning.

Hawkers used to come round on tricycles where the hygiene was atrocious. Plates used to serve food were washed in a common bucket of water ensuring that body fluids and excreta were spread far and wide.

The PAP wiped out this mode of hawking precisely because of poor hygiene yet 60 years on sinkies are now dropping like flies from just a small amount of ah neh poo.

What gives?

proxy.duckduckgo.jpg

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
An intelligent person like me can immediately point out how stupid this system is.

But i guess for a common folk like most of the twats here, they will be impressed by the oh so creative bronze, silver and gold colors. haha

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I still don't understand why we could eat all sorts of shit including Ah Neh shit when we were young and I cannot recall myself or anyone else around me getting food poisoning.

Hawkers used to come round on tricycles where the hygiene was atrocious. Plates used to serve food were washed in a common bucket of water ensuring that body fluids and excreta were spread far and wide.

The PAP wiped out this mode of hawking precisely because of poor hygiene yet 60 years on sinkies are now dropping like flies from just a small amount of ah neh poo.

What gives?

View attachment 50277
sinkies' immune system has becum soft and weak from too much of the good and clean life, thanks to the pap.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes, last time when we were young, there were hardly any food poisoning cases. Certainly never encountered anything so drastic 4 major incidents in a row each making its way to the press.

We ate ice cream from roadside vendors, ate at all kinds of places, no one raised too many questions about hygiene, and everyone turned out fine.

The only thing that emerged from that period was not a weak gut but rather ball-lessness in standing up to PAP

tyudm

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans are clinically too clean and the immune system has lesser work becomes weak?

What gives?

View attachment 50277