• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New ez-link card

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
not to mention
the bloody new card
is almost the same as the old one.

what is so great about the new card. you do not make a new card until you find a really cool card. why make a new card that work just like the old card.

which cronies pap is enriching now?

and i remember they spend $100m on this. spend so much on something that has not much of difference.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
6194.jpg

CCB PAPEE DOGS!

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
and i remember they spend $100m on this. spend so much on something that has not much of difference.

advertisement of new card changes in media
printing pamphlet about new card
fabrication of new cards
hire new temp staff (like prc gals reading book) to change card
force 7-11 to change their charging unit

i bet all these companies are supporter of pap.

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://motoring.asiaone.com/Motoring/Motorworld/Others/Story/A1Story20090223-123871.html

20090223.104938_harbourfront.jpg

Lowered fares but he pays more

I AM writing to praise the decision SBS Transit and SMRT took to reduce public-transport fares from April 1.

After going through and understanding the new fare structure and transfer-rebate scheme, I can see that SBS Transit and SMRT took time and effort to implement the changes.

It is a good idea to lower fares across the board by 2 cents.

While the amount might not be much, it at least shows that public-transport operators are doing something to ease commuters' load during the global financial crunch.

The move to raise the transfer-rebate limit to a maximum of 50 cents is also very welcome.

However, the new fare structure might lead to higher fares for some commuters, compared to fares under the old structure.

The problem lies in the calculation of the new transfer rebates, whereby rebate amounts rise with the number of transfers, which is set at a maximum of three.

Have SBS Transit and SMRT ever considered the number of commuters who need to do three transfers on an average day?

I believe most commuters will make either one or two transfers.

As for me, based on the current fare structure, the cost of my single trip from my home to my workplace can be broken down as follows:

Buangkok station to HarbourFront station - $1.73

HarbourFront station to bus stop before the Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority - $0.71

Transfer rebate - $0.40

Final fare - $2.04

Under the new fare structure, it would be:

Buangkok station to HarbourFront station - $1.71

HarbourFront station to bus stop before the Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority - $0.69

Transfer rebate - $0.14

Final fare - $2.26

As shown above, the new fare structure does not help me cut my monthly public-transport expenses.

I hope public-transport operators and the Public Transport Council will relook the new fare structure, as it may not help some commuters reduce their transport costs.

Mr Lee Kok Hiong