• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
This project should be targeting SPRs due to its proximity to the 2nd Link and senior civil servants working in the nearby Kota Iskandar offices.
But the site is still an old plantation waiting to be cleared and levelled and the scheduled completion date is 2021, at least 5 to 6 years later if no delay (but expect the usual delay).
Construction of terrace houses usually takes only about 18 months, I guess the long time frame is due to land clearance, planning and construction of essential amenities like roads system, sewerage, electric supply etc. which normally takes forever to complete.
But 5, 6 years is a very long time to wait.

Melia Residences
Estimated date of completion: March 2019
Land tenure: Freehold

Type A - RM552,888 ~ RM 1,536,888 (198 units)
Type B - RM 700,888 ~ RM 2,055,888 (295 units)
Type C - RM 2,055,888 ~ RM 2,146,888 (107 units)
Type D - RM 1,072,888 ~ RM 2,423,888 (25 units)

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Melia Residences

Don't know where you got your info, the completion date was stated as 2021 in this website while the developer's website provide no information. http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/overseas-property-for-sale/melia-residences-1609782
While the completion date and the prices you quoted were all different, the only item in common is the total no. of unit for sale @ 625 units.
Anyway, the completion year in 2019 is quite impossible given the current site condition and the way the system works here.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't know where you got your info, the completion date was stated as 2021 in this website while the developer's website provide no information. http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/overseas-property-for-sale/melia-residences-1609782
While the completion date and the prices you quoted were all different, the only item in common is the total no. of unit for sale @ 625 units.
Anyway, the completion year in 2019 is quite impossible given the current site condition and the way the system works here.

Different phases, different completion dates. Delays are common. VP in end 2019 is possible.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Different phases, different completion dates. Delays are common. VP in end 2019 is possible.

If you are a buyer and you actually believe that the completion date can be within 2019, I admire your optimism but pity your predicament coming end 2019.
By end 2019, probably they have just cleared the plantation and built the roads and possible that the electrical, water and sewerage mains, with some luck, will be almost in position.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Brochure.

Melia.JPG

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are a buyer and you actually believe that the completion date can be within 2019, I admire your optimism but pity your predicament coming end 2019.
By end 2019, probably they have just cleared the plantation and built the roads and possible that the electrical, water and sewerage mains, with some luck, will be almost in position.

I'm not a buyer, but sharing what I thought is a development at fairly good location with resort concept and reasonable price. Landed development in JB typically takes 2-3 years from bare land to VP. 3.5 years is doable if sufficient resources are allocated to the development. The developer is UEM Sunrise, which is quite a reliable developer with projects in Singapore also.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Melia Residences

Why is there such a big range in prices? Do you know the sizes of the units?

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

For the same type of unit, the price can range from RM552,888 to RM1,536,888 - 3 times more???
The price difference for a same unit type can only be due to unit location, orientation, bumi incentive and for terrace there's no floor height incremental difference.
But 3 times , this must be the craziest, widest and the most ridiculous price range I've ever come across and whoever publish it better come up with a good reason.
And you happily post it without any doubts.

Last edited:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh, I see the sizes there in the brochure now...the biggest only 2100sq ft? and can fetch so high price? Then my 2660 sq ft semiD can fetch similar prices? Wow wee...good news for me...

Yr semiD is chiong one. :p
4 yrs back , btw, u can get terrace 20x70 abt 2100 size.
Wahaha..:p

Last edited:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the same type of unit, the price can range from RM552,888 to RM1,536,888 - 3 times more???
The price difference for a same unit type can only be due to unit location, orientation, bumi incentive and for terrace there's no floor height incremental difference.
But 3 times , this must be the craziest, widest and the most ridiculous price range I've ever come across and whoever publish it better come up with a good reason.
And you happily post it without any doubts.

Why should I doubt it? I have a terrace house which cost RM1,450,888 bought in 2009. And it is not even a strata property.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, in KL.
Nowadays in KL, a 24 year old 22' x 75' terrace house cost about RM900,000 in Subang Jaya.
Most new ones cost over RM1m for the same size and it is on the fringes only. KL no more land.

In BU, it is close to 2 mil(for 3 storeys terrace)