• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
BTW, the traffic on EDL is really bad at evening times. Yesterday got horrible accident involving few cars and motor cycles. MY drivers and motorists really need to cut back on the speeding and tailgating and driving close to each other. It's just courting death.:(

I think the EDL traffic from 630 pm onwards is fine? I did a few times betw 630 pm to 8 pm without incidents. Main bottleneck is Pandan Bridge (upgrading works have already started which will last 1.5 years according to Chinese Papers)

Accidents not counting, if EDL evening traffic is really that bad, that means you guys are off work from SG very early, like 430 pm?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the EDL traffic from 630 pm onwards is fine? I did a few times betw 630 pm to 8 pm without incidents. Main bottleneck is Pandan Bridge (upgrading works have already started which will last 1.5 years according to Chinese Papers)

Accidents not counting, if EDL evening traffic is really that bad, that means you guys are off work from SG very early, like 430 pm?

I on my bike, so can squeeze here and there.:biggrin:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Permas is still a virgin area relatively compared to the second link area.

Currently the location is still under a older estate. It's still not really a well developed area.
It might change later but it's still a doubt.
Any concern about flooding?

Overall, I think the best development in Permas Jaya is The Straits View Residence. Superb development with gd quality workmanship & materials. Other amenities so-so only but food is pretty gd in Permas overall. Lots of Japs too in Permas condo.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Any more details about the Pandan Bridge upgrade, please?

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
travelling via edl these days are crazy ... congested ... esp the exit out to permas
if commuting daily into spore, staying at jb cbd area e.g. jln abdul samad area would be ideal. once u clear jb ciq, less than 5 min home sweet home :smile:

Jln Abd Samad area would definitely be more preferable to locals but I notice Singaporeans tend to buy in these newer areas rather than old JB town. Also distance to CIQ seems a big draw.Permas area is also known for criminal activities btw and has an industrial look.But I am told by a friend living there that off peak times, commuting a convenient even via public transport. No direct bus to SG I believe but there are local buses that one can change to.
I agree that Straits View condo is one of the best , not just in this area but in JB. Popular with expats too I believe. There are other developments coming up like landed housing and also D'Ambience , so perhaps in time Permas will make a transformation.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jln Abd Samad area would definitely be more preferable to locals but I notice Singaporeans tend to buy in these newer areas rather than old JB town. Also distance to CIQ seems a big draw.Permas area is also known for criminal activities btw and has an industrial look.But I am told by a friend living there that off peak times, commuting a convenient even via public transport. No direct bus to SG I believe but there are local buses that one can change to.
I agree that Straits View condo is one of the best , not just in this area but in JB. Popular with expats too I believe. There are other developments coming up like landed housing and also D'Ambience , so perhaps in time Permas will make a transformation.
Straits View not cheap leh....

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is leashold..... althou lot of people (agents) claimed that the developer is applying Freehold, soon will be approve etc etc... , reckon very difficult to change it.

If it is indeed LH, then not worth buying at this price or even a bit lower.I think there are better buys out there.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any more details about the Pandan Bridge upgrade, please?

It was in last weekend's Chinese papers. Apparently the construction works for the Tebrau highway flyover near Kampung Melayu has been partially completed (from Tebrau to town is done, Town to Tebrau not yet. Estimated completion is Mar 14).

In the same article, it was mentioned that the authorities have already started upgrading works to add an additional lane in both directions for Pandan Bridge, and the upgrading works is expected to be 1.5 years. I did see some sort of structure near Pandan Bridge (from Tebrau to town direction) but did not really pay attention to it till the article came out last week.

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are two major chunks of lands Sunway bought. The medini portion(leasehold) and the freehold one as mentioned by YWNA. As these two plots are next to each other, Sunway combined them into one.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is leashold..... althou lot of people (agents) claimed that the developer is applying Freehold, soon will be approve etc etc... , reckon very difficult to change it.

thanks for clarifying, must a' made a mistake. if LH.. wow. expensive. but can try asking again during CNY (ie now.) believe developers now getting desperate. may have special freebies / discounts