• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
At the moment Medini is just a construction site. Once its ready , there will be those who choose to live there like those who work in the business sector, retirees who bought because of the Wellness centre. Not to forget also, certain nationalities like the Japanese have invested big in projects like Iskandar Residences. They may choose to stay there also as Bukit Indah doesnt appeal to them. Medini is also near enough to Educity and Pinewood studios, Legoland etc. Not everybody chooses to live in a local setting with 3 supermarts nearby. Some prefer a different kind of ambience. I am sure PH and Medini will have its own fans, those who prefer a more upmarket and exclusive kind of neighbourhood. Some of these expats will rent and if not I know that several investors who bought can afford to keep it as a 2nd home . In PH many of the KL folk who bought don't mind using it as a holiday apartment. PH and Medini are very high profile in Iskandar so the IRDA has a lot at stake.I believe they are committed to making these places attractive enough.
Its just like Sentosa Cove. Locals would say its inconvenient to stay there but there are enough expats who love it. I own a club membership there and can say that its just a different lifestyle. There is even a community that lives on the Marina. On boats.

Agreed. And I know there are some investors in PH who do not need any bank loan as well. That is the type of community we are talking about.

Last edited:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Should this be cause for concern? I am about to apply for it soon leh.

Malaysia Immigration and Police are now on the offensive against any foreign workers without permit. Round the clock operations and hundreds are being rounded every day. Better be low profile for now.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
re: valdez post on star newpaper report
"the minimum price for developments apporved before the budget 2014 will remain at 500k."

doesn't mention subsale. i could interpret this as min foreigner purchase price for all current subsale homes (which are obviously already approved and built before 2014) is also 500k?

Last edited:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
re: valdez post on star newpaper report
"the minimum price for developments apporved before the budget 2014 will remain at 500k."

doesn't mention subsale. i could interpret this as min foreigner purchase price for all current subsale homes (which are obviously already approved and built before 2014) is also 500k?

Very subjective but normally it applies only to new projects as developers would cry foul at the Government that they are going to suffer losses as things are preplanned. It is unfair to impose some rules detrimental to what had been approved earlier. But subsales has no justification of any potential loss.

Last edited:

good2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it true that though min purhase price for foreigners is still 500k, if you buy let's say a unit for 520k in subsales, the chances of state approval is very low?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Is it true that though min purhase price for foreigners is still 500k, if you buy let's say a unit for 520k in subsales, the chances of state approval is very low?

It also depends on the valuation for the unit.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Its good though that there are firm dates for implementation, etc and this helps to clarify matters.

RGPT can actually be revised per budget year up or down depending on the market and economic conditions.
There are actually 6 months before things come into place. There are also talks to limit certain of the new
restrictions on the new properties coming online instead of the existing properties.

The thing is, where does one draw the line for this?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia Immigration and Police are now on the offensive against any foreign workers without permit. Round the clock operations and hundreds are being rounded every day. Better be low profile for now.

But what about those of us who are not workers but who bought house to live in? Is this being recognised as legit?

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
But what about those of us who are not workers but who bought house to live in? Is this being recognised as legit?

It should be ok. No worries ...
They are just doing their job. Their new boss, the Home Minister Zahid is a no nonsense man.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Walau johore bahru ranked one of the most dangerous city in the world.

image.jpg

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal

View attachment 12914

Wah, JB even beat these cities...

1. San Pedro Sula, Honduras
2. Maceio, Brazil
3. Ciudad Juarez, Mexico
4. Acapulco, Mexico
5. Distrito Central, Honduras
6. Caracas, Venezuela
7. Chihuahua, Mexico
8. Belém, Brazil
9. Mogadishu, Somalia
10. Karachi, Pakistan

Hahhaha.....did we put our money in the wrong city?

limmcd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah, JB even beat these cities...

1. San Pedro Sula, Honduras
2. Maceio, Brazil
3. Ciudad Juarez, Mexico
4. Acapulco, Mexico
5. Distrito Central, Honduras
6. Caracas, Venezuela
7. Chihuahua, Mexico
8. Belém, Brazil
9. Mogadishu, Somalia
10. Karachi, Pakistan

Hahhaha.....did we put our money in the wrong city?

Bullshit survey.. Number of contributors less than 15.. How to trust?
Click on the city for more details..

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bullshit survey.. Number of contributors less than 15.. How to trust?
Click on the city for more details..

Even South East Asia cities more safe than KL.....so maybe we should go to Ho Chi Min City, Phnom Penh, Pattaya, Jakarta, Medan, Manila....:biggrin:

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal

View attachment 12914
Why they didnt include city like nairobi, or cities from somalia, congo, ghana or even US etc., there degree of crime is much serious, at least in jb hardly find any robber rob u with guns, no killing in schools. Even in paris, chinese tourist oso complaint about getting robbed in daylight, europe really not like b4.

At the moment Medini is just a construction site. Once its ready , there will be those who choose to live there like those who work in the business sector, retirees who bought because of the Wellness centre. Not to forget also, certain nationalities like the Japanese have invested big in projects like Iskandar Residences. They may choose to stay there also as Bukit Indah doesnt appeal to them. Medini is also near enough to Educity and Pinewood studios, Legoland etc. Not everybody chooses to live in a local setting with 3 supermarts nearby. Some prefer a different kind of ambience. I am sure PH and Medini will have its own fans, those who prefer a more upmarket and exclusive kind of neighbourhood. Some of these expats will rent and if not I know that several investors who bought can afford to keep it as a 2nd home . In PH many of the KL folk who bought don't mind using it as a holiday apartment. PH and Medini are very high profile in Iskandar so the IRDA has a lot at stake.I believe they are committed to making these places attractive enough.
Its just like Sentosa Cove. Locals would say its inconvenient to stay there but there are enough expats who love it. I own a club membership there and can say that its just a different lifestyle. There is even a community that lives on the Marina. On boats.
U r contradict urself...one hand say ph, medini in future shud b like cbd like area with significant number of ppl reside there, making the business there vibrant. On another hand pula talk about ppl buy as holiday home (retirees still ok as they will spend time there mostly) bought as second home suka suka stay liken it with sentosa cove. Ur logic loop hole is, how vibrant is sentosa cove as business centre? It will be hard for business to take off there as demand only appear in holidays. Unless those banking like industry cluster there driving real high networth population working n staying there. If not the whole concept of dynamic cbd with atas ppl staying as holiday home totally unworkable. More likely in future these place will be 'quiet, less crowed rich area where a lot of condo units empty most of the time, mainly students from bangla, sri lanka thai viet etc studying at educity &tourists & retireers made up the ordinary day population, probably robinhood will shift their target from jb to medini as the atas class is more obvious.

Last edited: