• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
...haha good idea, why never tot of it...maybe hang a few

Maybe should hang this

3714578199_6dab26c6c3_z.jpg

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear experts, need your advise.. in two years down the road, with the lousy govt cooling announcement recently , will the property price in jb continue to increase with the implementation of GST where construction cost increases? just bought a condo from MBland for RM510k.. (first time buyer)

Property prices will almost certainly go up, only question is by how much. Anyway, if you bought the condo for own stay then my view is that you have got yourself a good bargain, assuming you bought what you like at your desired location.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got Sapphire 8 completing soon with a lot of things thrown in like alarm system and autogate. Heard selling RM900K?

sapphire 8 no more.. selling 900k is lsubsale or what?? mainly cluster and semi-d.

the recent launch is emeraldz residence (or something).. its the plot directly in front of bina park. good location.

seri alam so far i round there didn't see many chinese food. may have to wait a while for the more expensive houses to be lived in

Last edited:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
sapphire 8 no more.. selling 900k is lsubsale or what?? mainly cluster and semi-d.

the recent launch is emeraldz residence (or something).. its the plot directly in front of bina park. good location.

seri alam so far i round there didn't see many chinese food. may have to wait a while for the more expensive houses to be lived in

Today's Market food centre got nice and cheap zi char. Haven't explored the nearby shophouses yet. Plenty of time to do that soon!

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

bro, hu la (chinese food)..take u there next time in e evening..haha..

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
ya i oni jalan 2 hour there, + 45 min talk to the sales guy. one day we must makan again.. go johor jaya first lei. everyone say so good so good, really bo. must try.

The most comprehensive cover of Johor food is by Johor Kaki. His knowledge is beri impressive instead! http://johorkaki.blogspot.sg/

According to his blog, Tun Aminah got 32 recommendations while Johor Jaya only got 23....haha

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all,

Is it true that DIBS is banned now? Looking to get a property but current funds tied up in FD for another 18mths.

:(

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wait till you see the naysayers at other forums... Like condosingapore and HWZ

Nothing new under the sun. Those who cannot get theirs would seek to make sure others slso cannot get. Some more makes it sound they are the ones who knows all and have all the answers.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi all,

Is it true that DIBS is banned now? Looking to get a property but current funds tied up in FD for another 18mths.

:(

Seems to be alot of conflicting news lately so heres sharing what little i know:

1. DIBS will likely be scrapped, a bank starting with P has already done so but not the rest of the banks. This will depend on Bank Negara's plans and timeline.
The thing is, even if scrapped, quite a few of the developers would still rebate 3% back to their sellers when they get their keys as a kind of move in bonus. It may actually work out better financially for some if DIBS is scrapped.

2. The RM 1m limit for foreigners has NOT been implemented yet, it is still RM 500k as of today and it still needs to go through a few levels before being approved.

3. At least certain developers bumi-release units are still being purchased and approved currently, just that there is going to be a 7.5% increase in the price. Some developers will help to bear at least a portion of this. Market rate currently is about 3% that the developer may help to cover.

4. GST when implemented will hit primarily the commercial properties. Residential properties are outside of this but with the cost of transportation, labour and materials being hit by GST, it will impact the cost of the developers who will pass it on to their customers.

5. Please remember when buying properties, even condos:

a. Residential title versus commercial title = Aside from density restrictions, residential title condos usually have:
i. Lower maintenance fees even taking into account the sinking fund.
ii. Much lower utilities as compared to commercial titled units

b. Leasehold - When buying leasehold, try to find out if the lease that the developer has is from the government or a private company. Particularly if the land is actually freehold but leased from a private company. There are usually less restrictions financially wise but more restrictions when renewing the lease comes.

sammyboy168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

Why bumi-release must increase price by 7.5%? is this just pure profiteering by developer or a levy paid to govt?

90% banks I called up today already stop DIBS not just P bank.

For info sharing bro...

thanks.

Seems to be alot of conflicting news lately so heres sharing what little i know:

1. DIBS will likely be scrapped, a bank starting with P has already done so but not the rest of the banks. This will depend on Bank Negara's plans and timeline.
The thing is, even if scrapped, quite a few of the developers would still rebate 3% back to their sellers when they get their keys as a kind of move in bonus. It may actually work out better financially for some if DIBS is scrapped.

2. The RM 1m limit for foreigners has NOT been implemented yet, it is still RM 500k as of today and it still needs to go through a few levels before being approved.

3. At least certain developers bumi-release units are still being purchased and approved currently, just that there is going to be a 7.5% increase in the price. Some developers will help to bear at least a portion of this. Market rate currently is about 3% that the developer may help to cover.

4. GST when implemented will hit primarily the commercial properties. Residential properties are outside of this but with the cost of transportation, labour and materials being hit by GST, it will impact the cost of the developers who will pass it on to their customers.

5. Please remember when buying properties, even condos:

a. Residential title versus commercial title = Aside from density restrictions, residential title condos usually have:
i. Lower maintenance fees even taking into account the sinking fund.
ii. Much lower utilities as compared to commercial titled units

b. Leasehold - When buying leasehold, try to find out if the lease that the developer has is from the government or a private company. Particularly if the land is actually freehold but leased from a private company. There are usually less restrictions financially wise but more restrictions when renewing the lease comes.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
developers need to pay bank interest during tis period.
some developers are selling market price for the bumi-released units, instead of e old price. :p

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi,

Why bumi-release must increase price by 7.5%? is this just pure profiteering by developer or a levy paid to govt?

90% banks I called up today already stop DIBS not just P bank.

For info sharing bro...

thanks.

Thanks for sharing, the 7.5% its for payment to the government. Most of the developers are planning to absorb part of it.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
developers need to pay bank interest during tis period.
some developers are selling market price for the bumi-released units, instead of e old price. :p

If the new measures are implemented and prices drop, developers will have to give discounts or sell at old price as their bumi release buyers may run off and foreigners who booked units under 1M will no longer be eleigible. My friend a Singaporean booked a bumi release unit @ 600K, looks liek she will have to back out as its due for completion only in 2015. Even Malaysian buyers may back out. I booked a Setia condo bumi release , the terms are I can back out with full refund if I change my mind when they get the bumi release. I am now thinking of doing just that.