• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

summervale

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unfortunately, we have a weak leaders that are pro-FT. HDB price increases, blame the local, to an extent that JB properties price increases, also blame the local. What to do??

Obviously something is very wrong from PRs making easy money from HDB like that, if not there won't be a new rule to stop PRs from buying HDB in the first three years of obtaining PR. Those few I know are thinking of selling HDB when shift to JB due to the new policy SPR cannot rent out whole flat. Maybe they are the honest ones or maybe they will still lock one room and rent out when time comes.

cola23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unfortunately, we have a weak leaders that are pro-FT. HDB price increases, blame the local, to an extent that JB properties price increases, also blame the local. What to do??

I beg to differ, We should not blame anyone be it Leaders, FT or locals for escalating properties prices. When prices escalates, Jealousy fills the Air, What happens when properties prices nose dive? Will we blame the Leaders or FT for low properties prices.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
can we get back to the topic of new developments to share?

Haha I agree on getting back to topic... I used to be very anti-Govt, but I think it's true what Summerdale said. Let's try to milk the system rather than bitching abt it. Citizens now have a privilege that PRs dont have. Unlike PRs, citizens can rent out the HDB indefinately, while staying in JB freehold landed!

Back on the topic of new development, I tink the showhouse is still being built for this project, but can register liao.

http://www.berinda.com/v3/Pages/taman_ponderosa_ponderosa_vista.html

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys and Gals,

paiseh abt my posting last nite. a little too emotional and so many spelling and grammar errors. cos quite drunk last nite. did a few brandy + beer bombs. What happened was that I wanted to buaya my fren's table of 5 gals. So I waited for him to disappear before going over to his table. But alas, one of the ugly gals wanted to protect the pretty ones... kept adding brandy into my beer. So in front of the pretty gals, I couldn't back down rite? So after out-drinking the protector, I managed to corner the pretty gal somewhere in the pub. got a kiss and a hug :smile: so that's the story.

anyway back to this HSR thing. It is not a capital/money issue. This part is easy to settle. Set up a company, then issue shares and bonds. Then they will have all the money they need. That was how Taiwan did it.

So the conclusion is...... it is more of a political will issue.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since traditionally women marry up men marry down, it is good that Singaporean men have qualities that mudlander wives look up to. I'm happy for them.

Your men are smart to know what's good for them. But many of us who are married to Singaporean men, didnt marry up. We married our equals, men we met in University. This thinking abt men marrying down is like you say traditional, out of date.
As for subsidies,that's the only way the gahment seems to know how to attract FT. But in actual fact many of us dont get subsidies , even Singaporeans who live in private properties like my husband. Income level also has to be low to be eligible for subsidies. For Malaysians , its better to go back to MY and use our medical service there, private hospitals are good and cheaper. Govt hospitals practically free and if you have contacts you can get very good doctors and meds in govt hospitals for virtually nothing.Here in SG there is a too much FT dominance, nurses , doctors etc from Pinoy land, India , even worse PRC flood the polyclinics and even hospitals.I believe that affects teh quality, also hospitals are packed, hard to even get beds. I had a friend who was admitted recently and wanted A class in Mt A but had to settle for a 6 bedroom as no single bed room was available.So even with money, you cant always get what you want. That's why even Singaporeans are going across to avail themselves.
Singaporeans and Malaysians are both trying to get the best of both worlds.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well what you wrote was "Singaporeans seem resentful..". Is there a difference between this and Singaporeans are resentful? Nothing wrong with Singaporeans being resentful of foreigners who took advantage of the benefits and yet call Singaporean names. It is also a fact Msian SPRs enjoy the best of both worlds and naturally would be the envy of Singaporeans.

Please look up the word 'seems' in the dictionary. As for the best of both worlds, isnt that what Singaporeans are seeking by moving across the Causeway? Nothing wrong in either case. Frankly I am also not in favour of foreigners here in SG who make life tough( mainly the crowds) for us, my FAMILY is Singaporean as I am the only SPR. Hubby and kids are Singaporean. But I think its rather sad that 1. Singaporeans blame foreigners for policies like subsidies when this is something they should take up with their govt. The truth is Singapore is not attractive enough to attract foreign talent becos of high cost, poor lifestyle, so the govt is using other 'carrots' to attract FT. The best FT would prefer to go to countries that can offer them more. This is why the quality fo some FT is very questionable. But its sad that Singaporeans lump Malaysians under the same category although I do agree that some Malaysians do misbehave and also express views that are unfriendly.
Generally Malaysians are actually the lesser evil should you need to bring in outsiders.Most of us dont come here for subsidies , we just come here to earn a living and sometimes we end up marrying a Singaporean and staying on.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'd very much prefer SPRs work here and then leave after they have stopped working, instead of retiring here. I'm sure there are many other SCs who feel the same.

I believe most SPR who retire here would be married to Singaporeans , otherwise they'd be better off elsewhere. There is a 2nd category of well off SPR, dont forget we pay high taxes which help you with your subsidies. The relaity is Singapore is no longer a good place to retire whether you're SPR or Singaporean, its not just abt cost but the environment. Even for those of us living in landed here, we enjoy low density in our estate but the moment we go out we have to cope with jams, crowds etc.

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's the end to the comparison. The govt has done certain good things else we won't be what we are today. I realized the only way is to milk the system to your advantage, and retire early if possible.

I won't join politics, i just know who to vote for every 5 years.

Eesee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quote Originally Posted by 1nottiboy View Post
Something wrong with my eyes. I saw "your men prefer VIRGIN wives"!!! and yes! Malaysians are a popular choice... for virgins

I hope your wife is NOT a Malaysian.:eek:

My daughter has many Malaysian girlfriends mostly late teens and early 20s. When she first met them, most of them would ask her whether she was a virgin and when she said yes, they laughed at her! She was surprised that they really started very young and most were still single and co-habiting. That must the reason why Malaysian girls are a popular choice.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe most SPR who retire here would be married to Singaporeans , otherwise they'd be better off elsewhere. There is a 2nd category of well off SPR, dont forget we pay high taxes which help you with your subsidies. The relaity is Singapore is no longer a good place to retire whether you're SPR or Singaporean, its not just abt cost but the environment. Even for those of us living in landed here, we enjoy low density in our estate but the moment we go out we have to cope with jams, crowds etc.

actually i think singapore is very nice and i'm so comfortable here, would retire here permanently and convert to singaporean if i earned enough. i mean, it's safe , lots of amenities, quality health care, transport etc. and i've become quite fond of singaporeans in general. especially the lovely ladies :smile: the thing is: it's getting crowded and expensive. I might not fancy working till 70 too. :( So malaysia then becomes an option, although i'm sure i prefer it over here. As for the m'sia govt hospitals, uhhh... yes it's free but i might not be so comfortable getting treatment there - and i do have 'lobang' in govt hospital in the KL area. maybe for gettng cheap medication, that's it.

soo back to the topic. anyone checking out the molek new launches?

Last edited:

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can you get your daughter to introduce her frens to me? I think they were very rude to have laughed at your daughter and it is my duty to show them a good time... ooops... I mean teach them a lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by 1nottiboy View Post
Something wrong with my eyes. I saw "your men prefer VIRGIN wives"!!! and yes! Malaysians are a popular choice... for virgins

My daughter has many Malaysian girlfriends mostly late teens and early 20s. When she first met them, most of them would ask her whether she was a virgin and when she said yes, they laughed at her! She was surprised that they really started very young and most were still single and co-habiting. That must the reason why Malaysian girls are a popular choice.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can you get your daughter to introduce her frens to me? I think they were very rude to have laughed at your daughter and it is my duty to show them a good time... ooops... I mean teach them a lesson.

What do you think of Serina Wee? haa you are one very interesting character here

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
My wife is Singaporean. One of the last few 20 year old virgins left when I met her. didn't think any existed anymore. was I lucky or wat?

ok. lets move back to new developments... are there any?

anyone got more pics of the bikini babes at Country Gardens?

who bought what?

anyone thinking of buying anything?

anyone has updates on Emerald Bay?

I hope your wife is NOT a Malaysian.:eek:

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's try to milk the system rather than bitching abt it. Citizens now have a privilege that PRs dont have. Unlike PRs, citizens can rent out the HDB indefinately, while staying in JB freehold landed!

http://www.berinda.com/v3/Pages/taman_ponderosa_ponderosa_vista.html

While I agree that it is a waste of energy bitching abt hypocritical miw and their anti-Singaporean pro-FT policies, it must be said that the miw also won't just let SC milk the system so easy.

I remember once that this useless miw lady mp makes even renting hdb rooms must report to hdb though this policies just die a quick death. That was before the FT floodgates was opened and when it was opened, they didn't planned for the hundred of thousands, so they bo bian allows rental of hdb whole unit to serve their interests.

Now because many SC being scolding them, they do wayang and stop SPR from renting out whole unit, SPR wait 3 years ......the horse already bolted, shut the gate for what?

Never trust politicians, I learned early in life. We have to be one step ahead of them whenever miw come out with new policies.

When they locked my cpf, I make sure I buy a house and use the max I can from cpf, then rent out and get out the cpf in cash. Nvr trust them and so today, no need to cry father cry mother and nvr vote them.

In the past, SC have 2bites of the hdb cherries. I utilize as I know very soon, they also will buay tahan and take back, true enough.

The point is you have to think as hard as them and stay ahead and ride the system. You win some you lose some and better than many who wants to depend on the miw.