• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's open secret. He doesn't actually need to launch as his name itself carries a lot of goodwill. But being the first project, it would be big bang high profile. Many are lobbying to bypass the ballot process. The b/u is relatively small though but the landscape / parks / lakes have all the hallmark of Setia.

Bypass the ballot process? How to? Anyone can enlighten me on why developer chooses balloting instead of first come first serve? Tthe latter would assure a mad rush for cheques to.secure units and would be advantageous to the developer rite? is it to ensure the developer will not underprice by first gathering all cheques vs available units and price premium if nbr of chqs far exceeds the units?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
My threshold is 1mil. Anything above that unless its lake facing, i will take back my chq

$1 mil is e inter terrace price at HH. SP Setia has already priced its cluster at Bukit Indah at $1.2 mil. I'm already v optimistic w my earlier guess.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
$1 mil is e inter terrace price at HH. SP Setia has already priced its cluster at Bukit Indah at $1.2 mil. I'm already v optimistic w my earlier guess.
hmmmm well lets see how the balloting goes. The b/u of bt indah clusters look bigger than the 32x70 though eco botanics looks nicer in design

nusaduta

Alfrescian
Loyal
went to the sale gallery yesterday. The sale girl said it's strata title. Does that mean we cannot do even water wall feature at the side since it need to alter the boundary wall? does the sale say it's freehold or lease hold?

I did ask, they said FH and comes with 5 years DMC whereby u can't touch on the facade of the house suring the 5 years. Also, for the clubhouse which has pool, gym etc, the monthly fees will likely be RM300 per cluster

nusaduta

Alfrescian
Loyal
3-phase electricity can supply more power, 1-phase cannot. But for averarge households, 1-phase electricity should be sufficient.

I was told if you were to run 3 aircond simultaneously, u need 3 phase. Cost is a lot dearer for developer. I've seen units with 3 phase wiring at main switch but only single phase inside the house and is costing a bomb to rectify wiring cos it's after defects warranty period, beware!!!

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
If cannot afford RM250 psf for renovation, then set a lower budget. It is not dictated by law. It's just an estimate based on my experience.

Anyway the point of my post isnt abt renovation. It is just to remind fellow Singaporeans to look at more than just the psf cost alone. Things in Malaysia can be very different from SG.

Got exaggerate or not. $250psf for renovation? Meaning $750k for a landed 3000 sq ft landed? Can rebuilt Liao, not every one have expensive taste like u lah!

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was told if you were to run 3 aircond simultaneously, u need 3 phase. Cost is a lot dearer for developer. I've seen units with 3 phase wiring at main switch but only single phase inside the house and is costing a bomb to rectify wiring cos it's after defects warranty period, beware!!!

My JB electrician told me his house is running on 1-phase and normal use is okay. He advised me not to waste money upgrading to 3-phase. Probably I will only upgrade if I shift in. Now the house is empty 99% of the time.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
hate balloting. not a good chance of getting the ballot

Your opportunity cost will be quite high if you miss another buy, given the surge in prices for landed recently even at the usually ignored areas like north of outside zone A. But if you can get a unit via ballot, you will be sitting on a gold mine.

dare2

Alfrescian
Loyal
If cannot afford RM250 psf for renovation, then set a lower budget. It is not dictated by law. It's just an estimate based on my experience.

Anyway the point of my post isnt abt renovation. It is just to remind fellow Singaporeans to look at more than just the psf cost alone. Things in Malaysia can be very different from SG.

My point is you distort reality, few I know spent that much for renovation, even in Singapore, unless rebuilding an old house, typical renovation for landed which is quite elaborate by Teck as was documented in is blog is less than 150k RM, http://iskandarliving.com/blog/, this includes replacing most of the flooring with timber and more expensive tiles. It is the same u buy hdb also mostly bare, unless u pay premiun, u buy condo also some people add on, others basic.

Last edited:

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your opportunity cost will be quite high if you miss another buy, given the surge in prices for landed recently even at the usually ignored areas like north of outside zone A. But if you can get a unit via ballot, you will be sitting on a gold mine.

True, not sitting around waiting for this durian to drop. On the lookout now for other landed projects too, hopefully with no balloting and the uncertainty taken out of the equation

sillysinky

Alfrescian
Loyal
True, not sitting around waiting for this durian to drop. On the lookout now for other landed projects too, hopefully with no balloting and the uncertainty taken out of the equation

ecobotanic initially was a first-come-first-serve project but developer got greedy upon seeing many cheques coming in for booking and swiftly make a 360 degree u -turn to got for balloting of units instead.

Rocker

Alfrescian
Loyal
ecobotanic initially was a first-come-first-serve project but developer got greedy upon seeing many cheques coming in for booking and swiftly make a 360 degree u -turn to got for balloting of units instead.

Hmmm... wondering they will stop at how many cheques received before call for balloting?

sillysinky

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmmm... wondering they will stop at how many cheques received before call for balloting?

the more cheques the merrier. they WILL NOT STOP collecting cheques. they have already increased indicative price 3 times as the cheques keep on increasing. Come balloting in august, the firm prices will be close to HH. Such is the greed of developer in IM. For those who are unaware, just be cautioned that the project is surrounded by high tension power line. not saying it is not a good buy but not saying it is a buy either.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
the more cheques the merrier. they WILL NOT STOP collecting cheques. they have already increased indicative price 3 times as the cheques keep on increasing. Come balloting in august, the firm prices will be close to HH. Such is the greed of developer in IM. For those who are unaware, just be cautioned that the project is surrounded by high tension power line. not saying it is not a good buy but not saying it is a buy either.

thanks - not surprising the price will be much higher than indicated. The salesperson cannot confirm when i asked abt how firm the price is. If its near HH level, i might as well buy HH whcih is already an established estate. ohh thanks for the good info - didnt know about the high tension power. Will drive to the site one day to survey

sillysinky

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks - not surprising the price will be much higher than indicated. The salesperson cannot confirm when i asked abt how firm the price is. If its near HH level, i might as well buy HH whcih is already an established estate. ohh thanks for the good info - didnt know about the high tension power. Will drive to the site one day to survey

another thing, these group of people are ex sp setia, of which some people have had issues with their houses' workmanship. Not exactly a premium developer but then they are positioning the new development as a premium one. what they did in Sp setia may not be so easily repeated in a new co, especially when they had PNB as one of the main shareholder back then - now they are on their own. tread with caution people and do your due diligence.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
another thing, these group of people are ex sp setia, of which some people have had issues with their houses' workmanship. Not exactly a premium developer but then they are positioning the new development as a premium one. what they did in Sp setia may not be so easily repeated in a new co, especially when they had PNB as one of the main shareholder back then - now they are on their own. tread with caution people and do your due diligence.

Sure, thanks for your advice. This company is quite new and the sp setia's chairman's son probably spawned this to reap more $$ from the ppty market now that the govt has taken over setia. It is not listed so will be cautious about that

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sure, thanks for your advice. This company is quite new and the sp setia's chairman's son probably spawned this to reap more $$ from the ppty market now that the govt has taken over setia. It is not listed so will be cautious about that

I think the son is very young (early 20s?) and possibly still overseas studying. Mr Liew could be buying the land through his son as proxy some time ago.