• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

cytan6613

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Port of Puteri Harbour Ferry Terminal will commence its Ferry Services on Wednesday, 8th of May, 2013.
Ferry services to / from HARBOUR BAY(BATAM), TANJUNG BALAI (KARIMUN), INDONESIA & HARBOUR FRONT(SINGAPORE).

Below are the daily ferry schedules for your information.

1. From PUTERI HARBOUR TO HARBOUR BAY BATAM
0800hrs
1100hrs
1400hrs
1800hrs

2. From HARBOUR BAY BATAM TO PUTERI HARBOUR
0700hrs
1030hrs
1330hrs
1630hrs
*** Indonesia time

3. From PUTERI HARBOUR TO TG.BALAI, KARIMUN
1100hrs
1800hrs

4. From TG.BALAI, KARIMUN TO PUTERI HARBOUR
0800hrs
1500hrs
*** Indonesia time

As for Harbour Front, Singapore the ferry service is expected to commence by early of June, 2013.

Any inquires about the ferry services you may contact the ticketing counter at +607-5600542 , +607-5600541 , +607-5600543 .

For more details on Puteri Harbour International Ferry Terminal, please visit:

http://www.ridaa.com.my

http://www.ridaa.com.my/Ridaa Brochure PH.pdf

cytan6613

Alfrescian
Loyal
mati la you for those people who brought condominium there ... ha ha ha ... ticket from Puteri Harbour to SG. so expensive :smile:
The Port of Puteri Harbour Ferry Terminal will commence its Ferry Services on Wednesday, 8th of May, 2013.
Ferry services to / from HARBOUR BAY(BATAM), TANJUNG BALAI (KARIMUN), INDONESIA & HARBOUR FRONT(SINGAPORE).

Below are the daily ferry schedules for your information.

1. From PUTERI HARBOUR TO HARBOUR BAY BATAM
0800hrs
1100hrs
1400hrs
1800hrs

2. From HARBOUR BAY BATAM TO PUTERI HARBOUR
0700hrs
1030hrs
1330hrs
1630hrs
*** Indonesia time

3. From PUTERI HARBOUR TO TG.BALAI, KARIMUN
1100hrs
1800hrs

4. From TG.BALAI, KARIMUN TO PUTERI HARBOUR
0800hrs
1500hrs
*** Indonesia time

As for Harbour Front, Singapore the ferry service is expected to commence by early of June, 2013.

Any inquires about the ferry services you may contact the ticketing counter at +607-5600542 , +607-5600541 , +607-5600543 .

For more details on Puteri Harbour International Ferry Terminal, please visit:

http://www.ridaa.com.my

http://www.ridaa.com.my/Ridaa Brochure PH.pdf

pockaroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
43 MYR + 12 MYR departure tax one way? That is seriously expensive. Am sure SIN-Puteri departure will also have a tax in SGD.

I wonder if they have some kind of season pass for frequent travellers?

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You will go there less than 10 times a year. And that number will drop every year unless you choose to stay in Johor.

I have a place in Geylang Seria, the last time I visit it, it is 2 years ago.

43 MYR + 12 MYR departure tax one way? That is seriously expensive. Am sure SIN-Puteri departure will also have a tax in SGD.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal

If there are enough people to bring cost down, may be worth considering to charter for long term service one boat specially for morning trip(getting to the office in Singapore) and evening (back to PH).

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
"If there are enough people to bring cost down, may be worth considering to charter for long term service one boat specially for morning trip(getting to the office in Singapore) and evening (back to PH). "

This is a good suggestion :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
If there are enough people to bring cost down, may be worth considering to charter for long term service one boat specially for morning trip(getting to the office in Singapore) and evening (back to PH).

Ok, if there are at least 100 committed guys, can consider roping one of my friends who has a large vessel, need to convince him to explore this though as he is mainly a retiree.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok, if there are at least 100 committed guys, can consider roping one of my friends who has a large vessel, need to convince him to explore this though as he is mainly a retiree.

I think 100 apple shd not be a problem as folks from medini may also join in since they are so near ! If this thing go thru , it will further boost PH and Medini as the potential jam at second link can be circumvented.

Last edited:

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal

This should be nice. One can have a couple of drinks before heading home without drink driving concerns. I am not sure though how much red tape is there on both sides to get license and approval and all the compliances to operate such charter. Could also consider negotiating with approved operator to ply at required timing if the official schedules are not ideal for most working people.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
This would be the first sign of jitters whenever there's a change in Government. Policies and terms of investment would have to be renegotiated.
My take is the investment market is going to take a breather before things become clearer.

Heard rumours that Peter lim pull out of auto city project. Don t know true or not

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
This would be the first sign of jitters whenever there's a change in Government. Policies and terms of investment would have to be renegotiated.
My take is the investment market is going to take a breather before things become clearer.

One by one pulling out. Johoreans will be set back at least a decade

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope there will be buses plying from Medini to Puteri Harbour as then the idea of Medini residents taking the ferry to Singapore would be more feasible for those who don't drive. I am considering buying a unit in the latest project d'Residences, so am hoping also that there will be rail links to the rest of JB and possibly Singapore( RTS).

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
This should be nice. One can have a couple of drinks before heading home without drink driving concerns. I am not sure though how much red tape is there on both sides to get license and approval and all the compliances to operate such charter. Could also consider negotiating with approved operator to ply at required timing if the official schedules are not ideal for most working people.

my_boats.288.2.jpg
Something like that, about 30 plus pax per trip and top speed is about 25 knots. The next available vessel can take up to 250 pax but must get from Thailand. Max speed is just 18-21 knots though.

teoky

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope there will be buses plying from Medini to Puteri Harbour as then the idea of Medini residents taking the ferry to Singapore would be more feasible for those who don't drive. I am considering buying a unit in the latest project d'Residences, so am hoping also that there will be rail links to the rest of JB and possibly Singapore( RTS).

There's supposedly a RTS station in Medini and rumoured to be near Legoland.

Nusajaya also supposed to be the stop or one of the stop for the High Speed Rail between Singapore and KL.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
There's supposedly a RTS station in Medini and rumoured to be near Legoland.

Nusajaya also supposed to be the stop or one of the stop for the High Speed Rail between Singapore and KL.

Yes, very well connected, some rumours may be well worth looking into, Kempas remains a very relevant area as well.