• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry to offend a lot of bros here.......

So far they have only launch zone B and Zone C,D,E is coming.

It remind me of a song.......Endless Love.

You are right, IM has a horizon for 25 years development. IMHO, if the global economy continues to improve, then price upward pressure could sustain, with occasional knock back by tail end risks(such as the likes of SARS, major conflicts, economic disaster/crashes or others, if any). The demand and supply situation in long term should be closer to equilibrium. Of course, the competence of relevant authorities and players counts.

Last edited:

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup. Great choice and good strategy.That is why never sell my FH properties in CBD. Can still get good rental returns of more than 6% as compared to the new LH properties.

Last edited:

molecule

Alfrescian
Loyal
went property fair by property guru. many talks and good crowd but most exhibitors are doing more of education or awareness as most good units are sold out. Interesting to note Maybank was offering sin loan for malaysia property. Sibor + 2.5% which is lower than malaysia bank so it is good news and we may be able to look into that.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Singapore only Shenton Way have FH condos; in Marina Bay's properties they are all LH.
I guess if all are LH; it is fine.

Location really matter a lot; because I have been screwed before in my property investment and I am seeing a lot of Singaporeans raising their anal preparing themselves to be screwed.

Yup. Great choice and good strategy.That is why never sell my FH properties in CBD. Can still get good rental returns of more than 6% as compared to the new LH properties.

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal
went property fair by property guru. many talks and good crowd but most exhibitors are doing more of education or awareness as most good units are sold out. Interesting to note Maybank was offering sin loan for malaysia property. Sibor + 2.5% which is lower than malaysia bank so it is good news and we may be able to look into that.

Really? Maybank do offer Singapore loan to purchase Malaysia properties? Thats a break through. We try OCBC but their misleading ad in their .com.sg its actually a Malaysia branch using Malaysia interest rate.

AADC6970

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really? Maybank do offer Singapore loan to purchase Malaysia properties? Thats a break through. We try OCBC but their misleading ad in their .com.sg its actually a Malaysia branch using Malaysia interest rate.

CIMB Spore also advertised in Business Times that they offer SGD loan for Msia properties. Not sure of the loan rates and how the banks determine the exchange rate though.

Skooz

Alfrescian
Loyal
anybody heard of any mrt station being planned for in jb as one salesatff at medini says that there are 3 stations from jb city to medini and bt indah seems confused as she is sure about the plan or maybe she is promoting her units for buyers .

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
as long as in flow of money, expansion of credit and money flows continue in East Asia, prices will continue to have upward pressure. For few or several years down the road, we need to watch if bubbles are forming and when they are going to burst, and plan and not run for the exit.

The article below is in Chinese(apology). I will update when I find the English one.

http://www.sginsight.com/xjp/index.php?id=9653

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
anybody heard of any mrt station being planned for in jb as one salesatff at medini says that there are 3 stations from jb city to medini and bt indah seems confused as she is sure about the plan or maybe she is promoting her units for buyers .

There is one in the plans. But not sure whether it will materialise. Often this requires acquisition of land and properties to start construction. I haven't read or heard of anything yet, so my guess is all on paper at the moment, until traffic congestion forces the government to look into it seriously. But then road toll may make more sense to the government.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was introduced to a so called "expert" Singaporean who is based in JB. So he provided me with "inside news" - i.e. HSR will have a stop at Kempas. Turned out, he was wrong!

Anyway, this expert claimed that the MRT will have one stop in JB CBD vicinity and will terminate at Kempas. He didn't mention about any stops in between.

Judging from his track record on the HSR, I would think that his "inside news" is unreliable.

Personally, I don't think the MRT will continue from the Tuas side to Nusajaya. The HSR stop is gonna be there and it is just one stop to SG. The HSR stop in SG would probably link up with one of the Tuas stations.

As for the MRT linking all the way past JB CBD, I find it doubtful too. There are the operations and maintainence issues, not to mention allocation of costs and ownership rights of the tracks and trains, blah blah... I think you get the idea. As much as it is not cost minimizing to build only one station, it is politically too troublesome to build a SG MRT all the way to Kempas. I suspect a JB version of MRT/LRT will link to the SG version.

After typing out all of the above, I must confess that I am no transportation or political expert. So my advice to all interested parties here is to just wait for the news. Everything else is pure speculation.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
The girl at the Mahsing booth was quite cute so I decided to chat her up. nice face but small boobs. anyway I asked her about their project at Medini and she said it starts from RM750. (registration of interest only for now-for the project. not for the girl )I thought that's pricey. What do you guys think?

iforum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

Can share more about the 11B guy who sold his properties please? I think anything is possible.
There are some areas where demand is really Hot.

Thanks

AADC6970

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was introduced to a so called "expert" Singaporean who is based in JB. So he provided me with "inside news" - i.e. HSR will have a stop at Kempas. Turned out, he was wrong!

Anyway, this expert claimed that the MRT will have one stop in JB CBD vicinity and will terminate at Kempas. He didn't mention about any stops in between.

Judging from his track record on the HSR, I would think that his "inside news" is unreliable.

Personally, I don't think the MRT will continue from the Tuas side to Nusajaya. The HSR stop is gonna be there and it is just one stop to SG. The HSR stop in SG would probably link up with one of the Tuas stations.

As for the MRT linking all the way past JB CBD, I find it doubtful too. There are the operations and maintainence issues, not to mention allocation of costs and ownership rights of the tracks and trains, blah blah... I think you get the idea. As much as it is not cost minimizing to build only one station, it is politically too troublesome to build a SG MRT all the way to Kempas. I suspect a JB version of MRT/LRT will link to the SG version.

After typing out all of the above, I must confess that I am no transportation or political expert. So my advice to all interested parties here is to just wait for the news. Everything else is pure speculation.

there is a 2025 "white-paper" on transport network for IM. very comprehensive infrastructure development initiatives and planning with MRT, LRT, park-and-ride etc.

link is http://www.iskandarmalaysia.com.my/pdf/cdp/19._Chapter16_-_Transit_Oriented_Development.pdf

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
there is a 2025 "white-paper" on transport network for IM. very comprehensive infrastructure development initiatives and planning with MRT, LRT, park-and-ride etc.

link is http://www.iskandarmalaysia.com.my/pdf/cdp/19._Chapter16_-_Transit_Oriented_Development.pdf

M'sia is notorious for policy flip-flopping. Plans for the immediate next 3 years can be changed at the drop of a hat, so I wouldn't bet 2 cents on any 25-yr white paper crystallizing according to plan. Sorry, that's just M'sia, truly Asia maybe, but many-a-time tak boleh :smile:

cytan6613

Alfrescian
Loyal
Iskandar not to match KL, Selangor yet

http://www.propertyguru.com.my/property-news/2013/4/8669/iskandar-not-to-match-kl-selangor-yet

Apr 1, 2013 - PropertyGuru.com.my

By Farah Wahida:

Despite increased sales in Johor since 2009, property demand in Iskandar Malaysia, would still take longer to match that in Selangor or Kuala Lumpur, according to PublicInvest Research.

“But the bulk of property sales, especially for the properties valued at RM500,000 and above is still driven by the market in Selangor and Kuala Lumpur. Hence, we believe the property demand despite showing encouraging uptrend, the sheer size of Iskandar Malaysia would mean that any meaningful sales growth going forward depends on the acceleration of foreign interests largely from Singapore to absorb the incoming supply.”

The recent cooling measures in Singapore have also fuelled interest in Iskandar Malaysia, noted PublicInvest.

“Ultimately, we believe the key is still tapping the demand from Singapore…With a bulk of the purchasers consisting of Singaporeans or Malaysians working in Singapore, we look at the sales trend of property both in Singapore and Johor,” it added.

The sheer size of Iskandar Malaysia, which is three times that of Singapore or 2,217 sq m, implies that demand will gradually normalise.

Notably, for properties above RM500,000 per unit, Johor sells about 1,000 units (from 300 units in 2008) compared with Kuala Lumpur’s 10,000 units and Selangor’s 18,000 units.

For hotspots, the research house likes Medini (Eastern & Oriental Bhd) and Nusajaya (UEM Land Holdings Bhd) as they house most of the catalytic projects, Danga Bay for offering the longest coastline as well as Leisure Farm for its well-designed master plan with golf courses, equestrian and multi–tiered security.

PublicInvest also believe that the proposed Johor Baru-Singapore rapid transit system and Kuala Lumpur-Singapore high speed rail will significantly improve rail connectivity within the area while adding more appeal to Iskandar Malaysia.

Farah Wahida, Editor of PropertyGuru, wrote this story. To contact her about this or other stories email [email protected]

jade apple

Alfrescian
Loyal
M'sia is notorious for policy flip-flopping. Plans for the immediate next 3 years can be changed at the drop of a hat, so I wouldn't bet 2 cents on any 25-yr white paper crystallizing according to plan. Sorry, that's just M'sia, truly Asia maybe, but many-a-time tak boleh :smile:

Even Singapore also keeps changing policy. There are also plans that did not materialised in time or at all. For example, Jurong Hospital was long overdue and the many cooling measures on purchasing of properties.

Politicians will change policy to rally for more vote.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even Singapore also keeps changing policy. There are also plans that did not materialised in time or at all. For example, Jurong Hospital was long overdue and the many cooling measures on purchasing of properties.

Politicians will change policy to rally for more vote.

They promise to turn woodlands township into Orchard road type of retail by 1997. Newsapaper of this promise still keep.

Once voted, don't need the voters' support and before election change and offers drumstcik again.

Jogger

Alfrescian
Loyal
They promise to turn woodlands township into Orchard road type of retail by 1997. Newsapaper of this promise still keep.

Once voted, don't need the voters' support and before election change and offers drumstcik again.

Hoho:smile: Still remember someone said 'there will be a General Hospital in woodlands ave1' then no news anymore. when to build? mention it every 5years...