• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

Newbie11

Alfrescian
Loyal
What's LF?

Racetrack very near to LF. Will spur demand for LF properties definitely

Peter Lim building $1.2b race track in Iskandar

Friday, 30 November 2012 (5 hours ago)

December 01, 2012 12:40 AM

BILLIONAIRE Peter Lim is partnering the Johor royal family and Malaysian state investment firm Khazanah Nasional to embark on a RM3 billion (S$1.2 billion) race circuit project in Johor's Iskandar.

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal
The HDB rules apply regardless of loan or not. Under current rules if you acquire a HDB unit, all private and foreign ppty need to be disposed within 6 mths (if I didn't recall wrongly).

Increasingly with more S'poreans buying up north, more ppl will be asking this question. Will be interesting to see if there's any change to that ruling, though it will probably be no.

Siao liao...!!

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal
My view, it is perfectly reasonable in your case to appeal to the HDB to be exempted. There is a possibility of enbloc and its not confirmed yet, and your purchase of JB prop based on current rules is allowable by HDB. So I think you got a strong case to argue, not like you purposely want to circumvent the rules, its an enbloc mah, forced to move. If however, you bought despite confirmed enbloc, then I think unlikely appeal can succeed.

Rules change all the time to suit market conditions. Back in 2005 there were new HDB flats which were unoccupied because HDB overestimated supply. Who knows what can happen in a few years time. My guess would be the HDB market would stabilise and some of these restrictive measures would be removed. Hence I wouldnt worry too much. That problem I will worry when I come to it.

True...HDB rules always change but more change to their advantages more...! They also very roti prata wan lah...! Nevermind if i really see a unit i like within my budget , buy first then say..Q! Thank Bro..:smile:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sounds quite close.

11 Hectares works out to 1,184,030 sft. At a billion RMB, works out to be RM 845 psf land.

Whopping!!!
Wow , damn pricey ! Can we say our landed house of 4,000 sq ft have a protential worth 4000x845 = 3.4M ! given the fact that we are also sitting on prime land ?

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros, where exactly is the location?

medini?

You mean the 11ha location where Country Garden purchase? Report say prime waterfront area near Singapore . Hence should be around the Medini / Danga Bay Area . Anyway those people staying BI , HH, ND , NI should be also sitting on prime land , as these are only mins away . :smile:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Iskandar Waterfront Holdings is the master developer of Danga, Tebrau and Permas areas.
Most this Chinese buy probably is in those areas.

Btw, IWH is planning a mega IPO next year. What is the impact of this JV is anybody's guess.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow , damn pricey ! Can we say our landed house of 4,000 sq ft have a protential worth 4000x845 = 3.4M ! given the fact that we are also sitting on prime land ?

Hi Jason, I wish it was that way, but wishful thinking. :-)

I think land that is meant for high rise and commercial development, particularly waterfront, will be way more expensive than inland and meant for landed residential developments.

But, to your point, this is definitely a leading indicator of where things are going.

It seems like they are a very high end and reputed developer in China. They must be confident of marketing the property to mainland Chinese, after the restrictions in HK and SG. Don't expect this development to be cheap.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
HK-listed firm to build RM18b waterfront project in JB.

Iskandar Waterfront Holdings Sdn Bhd (IWH), the master developer of some 1,620ha of waterfront land on the east and west of the Johor Causeway, will today (Dec 4) sign a deal with China's Country Garden Holdings Co Ltd for the sale of 11ha of prime waterfront land in Danga Bay, Johor Baru, for the development of a commercial, retail and residential area worth RM18 billion.

In a statement yesterday, IWH executive vice-chairman Tan Sri Lim Kang Hoo said Country Garden will pay RM900 million for the reclaimed land area -- the biggest investment to date by an investor from China within the flagship "A" of Iskandar Malaysia.

Just 10 minutes away, Danga Bay is situated in an otherwise developed waterfront area.

One of China's integrated property developers, Country Garden's first foray into Malaysia was in the form of a joint venture (JV) with Tan Sri David Chiu's Malaysia Land Properties Sdn Bhd in late 2011. The JV is working on two township developments in Kajang and Rawang.

When contacted, a Country Garden spokesman told SunBiz that the development in Johor Baru will, however, see it going on its own, through a wholly-owned subsidiary Country Garden Danga Bay Sdn Bhd.

The project will span three development phases, starting with the construction of a luxury clubhouse, a commercial tower, a shopping mall, a high-end condominium and serviced apartments.

Listed on the Hong Kong stock exchange, Country Garden has a market capitalisation of HK$67.4 billion.

IWH, which recently completed its purchase of listed company Tebrau Teguh Bhd, is a public-private partnership between the state and federal governments and Lim.

It was reported that IWH is in the early stages of preparing for a listing on the local stock exchange next year.

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
HK-listed firm to build RM18b waterfront project in JB.

Iskandar Waterfront Holdings Sdn Bhd (IWH), the master developer of some 1,620ha of waterfront land on the east and west of the Johor Causeway, will today (Dec 4) sign a deal with China's Country Garden Holdings Co Ltd for the sale of 11ha of prime waterfront land in Danga Bay, Johor Baru, for the development of a commercial, retail and residential area worth RM18 billion.

In a statement yesterday, IWH executive vice-chairman Tan Sri Lim Kang Hoo said Country Garden will pay RM900 million for the reclaimed land area -- the biggest investment to date by an investor from China within the flagship "A" of Iskandar Malaysia.

Just 10 minutes away, Danga Bay is situated in an otherwise developed waterfront area.

One of China's integrated property developers, Country Garden's first foray into Malaysia was in the form of a joint venture (JV) with Tan Sri David Chiu's Malaysia Land Properties Sdn Bhd in late 2011. The JV is working on two township developments in Kajang and Rawang.

When contacted, a Country Garden spokesman told SunBiz that the development in Johor Baru will, however, see it going on its own, through a wholly-owned subsidiary Country Garden Danga Bay Sdn Bhd.

The project will span three development phases, starting with the construction of a luxury clubhouse, a commercial tower, a shopping mall, a high-end condominium and serviced apartments.

Listed on the Hong Kong stock exchange, Country Garden has a market capitalisation of HK$67.4 billion.

IWH, which recently completed its purchase of listed company Tebrau Teguh Bhd, is a public-private partnership between the state and federal governments and Lim.

It was reported that IWH is in the early stages of preparing for a listing on the local stock exchange next year.

Danga Bay heating up? Interesting to see which location....

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singaporean Peter Lim to build RM3b Johor race track

Reports have emerged from across the Causeway that Singaporean billionaire Peter Lim is into a RM3 billion (S$1.2 billion) race track project in Johor’s Iskandar region. The car enthusiast tycoon will partner the Johor royal family and Malaysian state investment firm Khazanah Nasional in the circuit project.

Singapore daily The Straits Times says that the 100-hectare site is just 10 to 15 minutes from the Second Link. Said to be situated to the left of a rest stop after the Malaysian checkpoint, the proposed 4 to 4.5km race track will be able to host GT, go-kart and motorcycle races.

To be certified by FIA, the track will be able to host all kinds of racing outside of single-seat class races. Sources say that “Motorsports City” will be ready in 2015 or 2016.

Well-known duo Hermann Tilke and Clive Bowen have been named as possible designers of the track, which will feature a 1.2 to 1.5 km stretch where cars can top out at 300 km/h, among other things.

The proposed project will also boast resort homes, a car museum, an advanced driving school, workshops, a warehouse and a go-kart factory. A bonded area will provide the rich a place to store their tax-free cars, including left-hand drive models. Sources from Khazanah say that the project is still in the discussion stage.

We reckon that this proposed race track won’t lack business due to its close proximity to Singapore. There are plenty of supercars residing in the island state unable to stretch their legs, and many of them are brought all the way to Sepang for the occssional exercise. A track at their doorstep with good and well-maintained facilities should be a popular playground for the rich. It would be a good location for car launches, too.

The name sounds familiar? Peter Lim, 59, is the eighth richest man in Singapore according to Forbes, has a stake in McLaren and sits on the board of the British supercar maker and F1 contender.