• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like you are very much affected by your atas 'sports car' relative who declined your invitation to your house :biggrin:
Relax and enjoy your house in Johor, you can't change everyone and make everyone think like you and like what you like, do what you do etc...

Do what you enjoy doing and give others your blessings if they do well. With lesser hatred, you can save the world and save yourself :smile:

No lah I dont hate atas people lah. But maybe atas people hate me ? Just that some atas people talk through their nose lor. One example , everybody got cars. We have two , I got one ,my wife got one...... that cause him to lost an election.:biggrin:
BTW I am the happiest person living inJB now , relatives got envious, and wanted me to show them around ISKANDAR. Out of courtesy , I offer them to visit my house to show them what is real living in ISKANDAR mah. He prata and say son driving sport car cannot go JB . Off cause , I got piss off wat.:biggrin:

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.zaobao.com.sg/consumer/property/private/story20131025-268603

Opinion from a so-called SG property expert on overseas property.... To summarize, he suggest to buy in (a) mature markets, (b) golden areas & (c) freehold.....

These experts are quite gd at 'Horse after Cannon' and in saying v general things. He ends it by saying if you follow (a) (b) & (c), your entry cost wont be cheap, haha

I predict... next year.. if the property market in jb don't trend downwards, it will go upwards. :smile: :smile:

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yr question is very general, can't help you. But what is your concern?
There many new projects, can buy direct from developer, may I ask why do you choose to buy subsale?

Hi everyone,
Has anyone here dealt directly with a property seller in msia?
Do share your experience here or by pm. Thanks

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is only doubling of the state consent. I can't find any official announcement. It can't be made through a .com website.

99 years leasehold will be tricky if there is transfer of ownership or when the lease requires top-up.

The next move could be revaluation upwards to increase the property annual taxes. Malaysia government is very hungry for $ now.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is only doubling of the state consent. I can't find any official announcement. It can't be made through a .com website.

99 years leasehold will be tricky if there is transfer of ownership or when the lease requires top-up.

The next move could be revaluation upwards to increase the property annual taxes. Malaysia government is very hungry for $ now.

Good to know the Malaysia gov is still hungry , will not kick us out just yet with some kind of ridiculious rules .
99 yrs leasehold not OK in Malaysia ? I see lot of people in Singapore buy with 60yrs lease left, some only got 30yrs lease.

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

I read that Johor State govt got some meeting today to discuss on this? The rumour is they will up foreigner processing fee to 2%. This is really sup sup water, compared to the RM 1m rule though....

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good to know the Malaysia gov is still hungry , will not kick us out just yet with some kind of ridiculious rules .
99 yrs leasehold not OK in Malaysia ? I see lot of people in Singapore buy with 60yrs lease left, some only got 30yrs lease.

30 years lease is for industrial plots. 60 years lease is more common for commercial plots, but there is a recent condo plot at Upper Bukit Timah that will be testing market response. Any 60 years lease residential launches will fail in current market and that condo developer could have delayed the launch (I expect it to into losses since lease is running down and response will be poor since there are so many Hillview freehold condos nearby). It took the run-up price from 2005 to 2009 to force buyers to finally accept 99 years leasehold condos at > S$1000 psf in OCR.
http://www.moneysmart.sg/housing-property/60-year-leasehold-homes-are-they-worth-buying/

To me foreigners in Malaysia buying into 99 years lease is asking for (future) trouble.

Rocker

Alfrescian
Loyal
I read that Johor State govt got some meeting today to discuss on this? The rumour is they will up foreigner processing fee to 2%. This is really sup sup water, compared to the RM 1m rule though....

heard that too...this will stop the foreign investors if that impose.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
30 years lease is for industrial plots. 60 years lease is more common for commercial plots, but there is a recent condo plot at Upper Bukit Timah that will be testing market response. Any 60 years lease residential launches will fail in current market and that condo developer could have delayed the launch (I expect it to into losses since lease is running down and response will be poor since there are so many Hillview freehold condos nearby). It took the run-up price from 2005 to 2009 to force buyers to finally accept 99 years leasehold condos at > S$1000 psf in OCR.
http://www.moneysmart.sg/housing-property/60-year-leasehold-homes-are-they-worth-buying/

To me foreigners in Malaysia buying into 99 years lease is asking for (future) trouble.

Seem like short lease of 30yrs is alright for commercial properties ? Banks more willing to lent to businesses ?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seem like short lease of 30yrs is alright for commercial properties ? Banks more willing to lent to businesses ?

It depends on supply and the biggest landlord in Singapore is the government. It is either 30 years lease now or you are on special EDB schemes. If you want freehold, then it is Iskandar or elsewhere. This is part of the reasons why some land-hungry manufacturing plants are shifting to Iskandar. However I'm not an expert in this field.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is confusing. $1mil RM or $500k RM minimum purchase price for foreigners?

Melaka to re-evaluate policies for asset ownership for foreigners
Nov 7, 2013 - PropertyGuru.com.my

In a bid to increase property ownership among locals, particularly the Melaka-born, the state government of Melaka plans to review its policies for property ownership of foreigners within the state, according to Chief Minister Datuk Seri Idris Haron.

He revealed that the review will primarily look into increasing the value of property for which foreigners are allowed to own from over RM250,000 to over RM500,000.

The conditions of asset ownership that will be re-evaluated involved several sectors including industry such as housing and factories, and agriculture such as the land must be over 1.6 hectares.

“If we look at the foreign exchange, RM250,000 is equivalent to only about SGD97,000 which is cheap for Singaporeans to own property at that price...so a lot of Singapore nationals buy houses in Melaka to the extent that there is a boom and Melaka people find it difficult to buy houses,” he noted.

“Melaka does not prevent foreigners to own property, and on the contrary, encourages them (to do so) which would result in foreign investment increasing...we do this so that more locals, particularly the Melaka-born, will own property in the state,” he added.

Farah Wahida, Editor of PropertyGuru, edited this story. To contact her about this or other stories email [email protected]

http://www.propertyguru.com.my/prop...a-to-re-evaluate-policies-for-asset-ownership

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
East side of Iskandar is growing too, but over the next 8-10 years. It is launching next year, but so far to the east side that I think very few Singaporeans will be interested.

Mah Sing to unveil largest township in Iskandar Malaysia

Mah Sing Group Bhd plans to launch its fifth township development project in Iskandar Malaysia in the second half of 2014, according to media reports.

The company's largest township project in Malaysia, the proposed township will be sited on 540.8ha of land in the Plentong-Pasir Gudang growth corridor, featuring a mix of high-rise and landed residential and commercial units, said Deputy chief operating officer (southern) Dr Chai Kow Sin.

“The township project with a gross development value of RM5 billion will keep us busy for eight to 10 years,” said Chai after signing on behalf of Mah Sing’s fully-owned unit Tropika Istimewa Development Sdn Bhd for the en block acquisition by SwhengTee International Sdn Bhd.

Represented by its founder Datuk Seri Gavin Tee, the latter bought Tower B of Meridin@Medini for RM172 million. Notably, Tower B comprises 322 studios and one- and two-bedroom suites, with built-up areas ranging between 318 sq ft and 885 sq ft while prices starts from RM309,000 to RM919,000.

Chai noted that the proposed township enjoys easy access from the Senai-Desaru Highway, Tanjung Langsat and Kota Masai-Kong Kong. It is also within close proximity to the Felda Cahaya toll exit.

“Our new township will cater to housing needs of workers in the Tanjung Langsat petrochemical hub and Pengerang Integrated Petroleum Complex,” he noted.

Considering the availability of land in Plentong-Pasir Gudang growth corridor, developers are expected to flock there, making it the area to watch over the coming years, he added.

Farah Wahida, Editor of PropertyGuru, edited this story. To contact her about this or other stories email [email protected]

http://www.propertyguru.com.my/prop...ing-to-unveil-largest-township-in-iskandar-ma

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is confusing. $1mil RM or $500k RM minimum purchase price for foreigners?

Melaka to re-evaluate policies for asset ownership for foreigners

In a bid to increase property ownership among locals, particularly the Melaka-born, the state government of Melaka plans to review its policies for property ownership of foreigners within the state, according to Chief Minister Datuk Seri Idris Haron.

He revealed that the review will primarily look into increasing the value of property for which foreigners are allowed to own from over RM250,000 to over RM500,000.

The conditions of asset ownership that will be re-evaluated involved several sectors including industry such as housing and factories, and agriculture such as the land must be over 1.6 hectares.

“If we look at the foreign exchange, RM250,000 is equivalent to only about SGD97,000 which is cheap for Singaporeans to own property at that price...so a lot of Singapore nationals buy houses in Melaka to the extent that there is a boom and Melaka people find it difficult to buy houses,” he noted.

“Melaka does not prevent foreigners to own property, and on the contrary, encourages them (to do so) which would result in foreign investment increasing...we do this so that more locals, particularly the Melaka-born, will own property in the state,” he added.

http://www.propertyguru.com.my/prop...a-to-re-evaluate-policies-for-asset-ownership

Malacca got less business , must undercut KL and JB lor , since state consent is at state level ?