• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is rgpt immediate ? So if sell tomorrow kena 30% ?
Is the rm 1m min limit immediate ? So tomorrow cannot buy Epic for rm 888 k ?

Last edited:

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
yup exactly. esp locals now know those <1M houses no longer foreigner driven, they may play a waiting game to squeeze out those weak holders. but don't be too sure the 'special zone' property will be exempted. this will be interesting to see. if so, then i see more leashold condo sprouting up in around medini area.

Presently the special zone is exempted from the minimum 500K purchase for foreigners so I feel its likely that will be maintained, they wouldnt want to scare off foreigners completely.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is rgpt immediate ? So if sell tomorrow kena 30% ?
Is the rm 1m min limit immediate ? So tomorrow cannot but Epic for rm 888 k ?

Its the Bajet 2014 so I believe its effective Jan 1st 2014.That's usually the case. There may eb a rush to secure properties below 1M for long term buyers buying for own stay, so till end of the year the 500K to 999K bracket may do well.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its the Bajet 2014 so I believe its effective Jan 1st 2014.That's usually the case. There may eb a rush to secure properties below 1M for long term buyers buying for own stay, so till end of the year the 500K to 999K bracket may do well.

where to find ? new ones sold out , resale one have not hit 6 yrs to enjoy taxexemption .

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm waiting for developers to build more expensive houses for foreigners. If supply of <$1 mil drops, prices will move up also.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm waiting for developers to build more expensive houses for foreigners. If supply of <$1 mil drops, prices will move up also.

may not get state consent. for eg if bot 700k house, next year, sell 1M (minimum). got foreign buyer, but state valuation may not be 1M.
prepare for a long haul if flipping.
actually i pity those who really intend to stay in jb to retire but cannot / don't want to pay 1M. in future, they will have to stay put in singapore. 1M is easily more than HDB price already. i expect significant no of singaporeans in future will decide to forget about Johor and go thailand . i already know one of my colleague will most likely not bother about jb anymore given the new minimum price
as i mentioned some time back, msia shot itself in the foot. haha.

Last edited:

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
where to find ? new ones sold out , resale one have not hit 6 yrs to enjoy taxexemption .

You have a point abt resale, but for Malaysians tax is not as high after first 3 years so some may be willing to sell if profit is worth it and they have a unit that has passed that time, also can still get exemption for one property.

Sunday

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was surprised that the M'sia gov decide to move to RM1M, coz lot of unsold Condo will be less than that. Initially, I thou might be landed >1M, Condo remain the same at RM0.5M. I think will have fire sales in some of the projects coz the Local will press the price down or even will not buy them at all.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think now developers, investors and flippers holding properties between rm500,000 and rm1,000,000 will have lots to worry about.

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe the big developers were aware or had a heads up warning of these new measures. So they should be prepared. Need more clarity on the details like when it is effective.

Any idea if they should be passed in parliament first or it is given all these will be adopted?

Newbie11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most if not all surely know that these measures are coming. Already So many rumors. It will push prices up. But Price at 500k is risky unless it can doubled.

Ripsta09

Alfrescian
Loyal
somethg to think abt : will state consent be given for ppties below 1m but spa signed before budget ? hope so..

That is the million dollar question as my parents has signed the SPA in September and we are told by our lawyers that the state consent result will be out some time next week. Hope no issues and they can get their unit and retire happily there.

Sigh... Malaysia really cant think of a better idea to cool down their market. They should have implement something like here in SG where HDB is only for locals to purchase at a low price and privates are meant for everyone but implement ABSD or something equivalent

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
may not get state consent. for eg if bot 700k house, next year, sell 1M (minimum). got foreign buyer, but state valuation may not be 1M.
prepare for a long haul if flipping.
actually i pity those who really intend to stay in jb to retire but cannot / don't want to pay 1M. in future, they will have to stay put in singapore. 1M is easily more than HDB price already. i expect significant no of singaporeans in future will decide to forget about Johor and go thailand . i already know one of my colleague will most likely not bother about jb anymore given the new minimum price
as i mentioned some time back, msia shot itself in the foot. haha.

To live in JB, no need to buy property mah. Why not rent ?
Maybe would have rental market for Singaporean retirees....rent out HDB for $2500 and rent a terrace in JB for $1000. Still have RM3500 monthly living expenses.