• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
It should be the empty land just after setia eco cascadia.

Abt half will be G&G semi D n bungalow factories. Sounds quite mid end manufacturing. Good to have another hub nearby but not too near. At least it is wealth generating hub n not another residential development. Tebrau area is getting more interesting. Hope the hub takes off.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Abt half will be G&G semi D n bungalow factories. Sounds quite mid end manufacturing. Good to have another hub nearby but not too near. At least it is wealth generating hub n not another residential development. Tebrau area is getting more interesting. Hope the hub takes off.

Is Stulang considered part of Permas Jaya ?
I think the west is getting too expensive.. good to see investor interest shifting over to Johor city centre and to the east..

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is Stulang considered part of Permas Jaya ?
I think the west is getting too expensive.. good to see investor interest shifting over to Johor city centre and to the east..

Hope to see more manufacturing n commercial activities at the Tebrau side. Anyway that is where most of e JB workforce stays. JB is getting too popular n e links r so jammed tt I hardly want to go now.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hope to see more manufacturing n commercial activities at the Tebrau side. Anyway that is where most of e JB workforce stays. JB is getting too popular n e links r so jammed tt I hardly want to go now.

senai and kulai are very near to tebaru now, locals play a very big part to support them.
Some factories might join in from the southern jb, got swee building and G&G. lol

locals are moving towards north, as housing is affordable in northern area.

Last edited:

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
True, locals are moving towards north/outskirt. Anyone heard about Taman Hijauna G&G landed, developer is Huayang. This place during initial launch, nobody was interested and bother take a second look. Now, all snapped up by locals esp the Chinese.
I visited the showhouse, design is quite nice.

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can't nail down its location. Likely above Setia Indah.

tha'ts what rumours i've been gathering too. is that good for me or not? (at least i know it won't be low cost flats!) hope not factories, though! how come you're so sure it's factories?

but some interesting quick calculations:

SEC land - cost RM15 psf (Setia annual corporate prez 2013)

ECOWorld land - " 613.79 acres near Mount Austin in Tebrau, Johor Baru, from DRB-Hicom for RM534.7 million" = that's RM20 psf.

Last edited:

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malpaso, I must return the compliment, you're spot on about developers and dark horses. The trick is to be able to spot these'gems' by unknowns, then you find a bargain. I am not good enough to do that. I have close family members in the property biz in MY and am experienced investing in SG, so I will say this- manage your expectations, be more selective in MY as there's is no or little recourse for buyers. Unlike here, we can go to BCA but even then, if you want to sue a developer, good luck. They have deeper pockets and he who has the deeper pocket usually wins as he can hire top counsels and go the distance.My friend who sued CDL lost . Buyer Beware .

Jeez.. thanks for all the insights. I am learning so much.. BTW I was at Senibong cove. Any comments on this developer? I heard it's some sort of joint venture between the govt and the Australian developer.

The local rep Is Front Concept. Not too sure about whether they can fulfill their designs and promises. But it sure looks pretty good.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
tha'ts what rumours i've been gathering too. is that good for me or not? (at least i know it won't be low cost flats!) hope not factories, though! how come you're so sure it's factories?

but some interesting quick calculations:

SEC land - cost RM15 psf (Setia annual corporate prez 2013)

ECOWorld land - " 613.79 acres near Mount Austin in Tebrau, Johor Baru, from DRB-Hicom for RM534.7 million" = that's RM20 psf.

As long as it is not heavy industry n not housing again it is good news.

Newbie11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jeez.. thanks for all the insights. I am learning so much.. BTW I was at Senibong cove. Any comments on this developer? I heard it's some sort of joint venture between the govt and the Australian developer.

The local rep Is Front Concept. Not too sure about whether they can fulfill their designs and promises. But it sure looks pretty good.

Developer is walker specializing in waterfront projects.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
The factories were mentioned in several Internet sources. 100% sure. Only abt half e land was announced bit the half I'm not too sure.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
As long as it is not heavy industry n not housing again it is good news.

yeah i read through your links and is mentioned G&G cluster factories, similar to setia biz park II. Personally i don't like staying next to industrial area, will be dirty and foreign workers hanging around. don't like.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah i read through your links and is mentioned G&G cluster factories, similar to setia biz park II. Personally i don't like staying next to industrial area, will be dirty and foreign workers hanging around. don't like.

That's y I like them near, but not too near. There is opportunity for middle to top management staying nearby. So it will help in rental or resale.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
senai, setia biz park II,III are near, but a distance. tat area is going boomz. titter.gif

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's y I like them near, but not too near. There is opportunity for middle to top management staying nearby. So it will help in rental or resale.

did some homework.. Lot No PTD99396 & PTD68903 mukim tebrau are the land sold by DRB Hicom. They will continue to build on their remaining landbank PTD68905), supposedly called glenmarie heights, launching "soon". this site is north of JP Perdana, so i think the whole 1500 acres will be Ecoworld & Glenmarie properties - mixed residential and commercial. hopefully the EW biz park is further away from SEC.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
did some homework.. Lot No PTD99396 & PTD68903 mukim tebrau are the land sold by DRB Hicom. They will continue to build on their remaining landbank PTD68905), supposedly called glenmarie heights, launching "soon". this site is north of JP Perdana, so i think the whole 1500 acres will be Ecoworld & Glenmarie properties - mixed residential and commercial. hopefully the EW biz park is further away from SEC.

Good detective work! It seems that above Mount Austin there is supposedly to have Glenmarie Heights. DRB sold part of it to Eco World. There will be further township development (residential and commercial) there in addition to the factories. The north of Perdana is likely to be residential area. The factories location are still unknown although I suspect it is to the north beside the Senai Desaru Highway (beside Taman Bestari Indah).

Now some related links:
http://www.thestar.com.my/Business/...icom-eyes-RM5bil-gross-development-value.aspx
http://www.thestar.com.my/story.aspx?sec=b&file=/2012/1/26/business/20120126074504
http://www.starproperty.my/index.ph...eyes-rm5bil-gross-development-value-in-johor/

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have just realised how big scale the construction of Country Garden condominium is. Once started (probably full scale next year), it will suck up a lot of labour and equipment. Add on to other large construction projects, we might see a big competition for resources among developers. Costs are bound to rise by 10-20% easily.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good detective work! It seems that above Mount Austin there is supposedly to have Glenmarie Heights. DRB sold part of it to Eco World. There will be further township development (residential and commercial) there in addition to the factories. The north of Perdana is likely to be residential area. The factories location are still unknown although I suspect it is to the north beside the Senai Desaru Highway (beside Taman Bestari Indah).

Now some related links:
http://www.thestar.com.my/Business/...icom-eyes-RM5bil-gross-development-value.aspx
http://www.thestar.com.my/story.aspx?sec=b&file=/2012/1/26/business/20120126074504
http://www.starproperty.my/index.ph...eyes-rm5bil-gross-development-value-in-johor/

Yup, you're right. DRB-Hicom subsidiary Glenmarie was supposed to develop the whole area, but sold of part of it to EW to generate synergy and improve their cashflow. I'm happy with location of glenmarie heights as glenmarie are upmarket developers with a strong brand name in m'sia too.

And more interesting info for you: the same 3 plots of land were the subject of a KSL bid in 2005 (bursa malaysia filing). The valuation in 2005 was RM4 - RM5 psf (RM 264M for all 1500 acres).

http://announcements.bursamalaysia....482568AD00295D07482570C400364A2F?OpenDocument

The transacted value in 2013 (sold to Ecoworld) is RM 20 psf. So the land valuation rose 4 times since 2005.

Last edited: