• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New citizens in my condo voting opposition

SpareTyre

Alfrescian
Loyal
Surprised to find out that several new citizens in my condo are also voting opposition.

From China and India, the oldest has been here 20 years and the youngest has been citizen for 10 years.

They understand most Singaporeans are not xenophobic, and that the real issue is the absurd rate of immigration. The oldest one, a physics professor, said the recent FT policy is also negatively impacting his quality of life which is why he is voting opposition.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
When they heard from LKY that 900,000 more FTs are coming, you think they are not worry too? When new citizens become old citizens and speak 'more lahs and lehs like Singaporeans' their jobs also under threats .... hahaha

LKY backfired himself this time and new citizens also think twice of voting PAP too .... hahaha

Surprised to find out that several new citizens in my condo are also voting opposition.

From China and India, the oldest has been here 20 years and the youngest has been citizen for 10 years.

They understand most Singaporeans are not xenophobic, and that the real issue is the absurd rate of immigration. The oldest one, a physics professor, said the recent FT policy is also negatively impacting his quality of life which is why he is voting opposition.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
10 to 20 yrs in Spore is not considered new citizens. They have been here long enough to see our reality. I am sure when they first came, they loved the lightning. Then reality set in, they felt pain in their arse, they've become one of us.

boman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even if a person were a new citizen for say 1 to 2 years and the PAP promising more new FT, these new citizens will see these new FTs as competition for jobs! Think about that.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I will not be surprised should many ang mohs will also vote opposition. Being from democratic countries, they believe is stronger opposition in parliament.