• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New Blog for TKL 100k Petition!

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
TKL would have probably been better off helping to resolve the Lehman debacle first and perhaps talking at HL at the same time, writing on his blog and in TOC as well, rather than endorsing this flawed petition exercise.

TKL has his own reasons to get 100,000 signatures honestly, and I hope he gets it. It'd not be easy though. He has his work cut out for him if a lot of people aren't persuaded and skeptical about his overall intentions. He needs to keep on clearing the air, and keep on banishing whatever SPH(on behalf of PAP) throws at him everyday.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
If he is truly committed than he should just stand at the appropriate time, meanwhile build up profile, try and raise $$$ and plan strategy.

Lets' stand up for this man. He spend his time, sacrifices his privacy to speak day and night for us. If we cannot even put up our signature, a simple task, to recognise his effort, will it not telling sinkies are fated to doom for being afraid of even a simple gesture of appreciation.

Come on Singaporean!!! Don't act like a typical sinkies. This man, whom we have waited for decades, is finally here for the million of us. We have only requested you for a single stroke of signature behind your comfort keyboard. What has harm done? If we lost this man, will we live long enough to see another appropriate guy willing to stand up again for the disgruntled populations?

Help others to help yourselves or at least for your next generations, only unity can bring change for a better life.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
What "victim" when TKL does not even want to take an unequivocal stand in the first place? This is becoming a bloody joke.

I think it is not a matter of fear but trying to get affirmation from the public at large that his presence is necessary in the Singapore political system.

Will he be another victim of Sporean's political apathy?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stand or don't stand simple as that. Want to lead than lead, don't pussy foot around. Scared or don't want to lose face than please go back to your wife and live a peaceful life in retirement. S'pore does not need this type of 'saviour'.

I am pissed off because this looks like it is turning out to be a farce.

What "unequivocal stand" do you want? Why so pissed, bro?

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its time to ask, or rather persuade strongly to TKL to make a web video. These days viral videos are very popular, and the likes of Obama and Kevin Rudd has made full use of Youtube.

If TKL is able to sit down and make a short 5 minute speech in front of a video camera, and then get it uploaded, and look presidential, and then speak honestly why he wants 100,000 signatures, and what will he do...then I don't see why they won't be able to get the number of signatures they want.

And how to spread the video? Just inform all the Singaporean bloggers, TOC and others by sending an email with the embed code. And then young and old people who are on youtube will forward it to their friends and family.

You need to raise publicity and set up a viable online strategy. First up should always be web videos- which is almost no cost.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
One example would be this:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H5h95s0OuEg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H5h95s0OuEg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Then, how to inspire people?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AmUUYo9o9eg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AmUUYo9o9eg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

For the second one..one will need a good dose of charisma and speech. Body language is also key. You can't look down on your paper all the time. You must look up, fix eye contact and use a bit of proper gestures.

And of course, you need a good crew who can edit such videos.

If one is successful in the elections, one will produce such a video like this:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VDa6CwzSA74&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VDa6CwzSA74&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
TKL would have probably been better off helping to resolve the Lehman debacle first and perhaps talking at HL at the same time, writing on his blog and in TOC as well, rather than endorsing this flawed petition exercise.

There's no going back after he made that announcement. So, for better or worse, he has to live and die by that decision.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
And what DEFINITIVE DECISION is that?

If he goes back and says he's not running, after making an announcement of getting 100k signatures for his petition, it will only badly damage his own reputation.

And "face" is very important in Singapore. TKL has the "face" because he did speak up, and unlike, perhaps Dr. Chee, a lot more people trust him. If he says he's not running because of the failure, he loses that trust and hope of the people, and he may not be able to run for a while.

By which, he has to be contented with wearing fuzzy slippers and being on the sidelines. And he has less impact from there.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well to me he appears to have loss some credibility by playing this petition game and making puzzling and ambiguous statements on his political ambitions.

If he goes back and says he's not running, after making an announcement of getting 100k signatures for his petition, it will only badly damage his own reputation.

And "face" is very important in Singapore. TKL has the "face" because he did speak up, and unlike, perhaps Dr. Chee, a lot more people trust him. If he says he's not running because of the failure, he loses that trust and hope of the people, and he may not be able to run for a while.

By which, he has to be contented with wearing fuzzy slippers and being on the sidelines. And he has less impact from there.

guavatree

Alfrescian
Loyal
reading in between the lines, he looks desperately interested except he wants peasants to gloriously nudge him before he would start his opera performance.

bapok fake monk PAP dog

you have been behaving so desperately to be a GOOD PAP DOG!

LOL

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well to me he appears to have loss some credibility by playing this petition game and making puzzling and ambiguous statements on his political ambitions.

Well, we will now see if a majority of the people feel the same as you. But I think the petition numbers are still low because there's not enough publicity. To roll out such an effort needs more than just a speech on saturday every week.

You need an organised behind-the-scenes effort to put out the word, and now in Singapore, the best way is online through Facebook, Youtube, flickr- and not just his blog. He may also want to approach some famous bloggers to ask for their help, even if its part-time. He can also approach some of the opposition parties, whom some members may be sympathetic to TKL's efforts.

TKL has his work cut out though because he essentially doesn't have the staff or a big group of volunteers yet.

But if you get your efforts to go online faster, and use viral methods to raise awareness, maybe the signatures will start coming faster.

ArtBoon

Alfrescian
Loyal
don't think there is anyone to do the job :biggrin:

http://tkl100kpetition.blogspot.com/2008/12/we-need-help.html

Its time to ask, or rather persuade strongly to TKL to make a web video. These days viral videos are very popular, and the likes of Obama and Kevin Rudd has made full use of Youtube.

If TKL is able to sit down and make a short 5 minute speech in front of a video camera, and then get it uploaded, and look presidential, and then speak honestly why he wants 100,000 signatures, and what will he do...then I don't see why they won't be able to get the number of signatures they want.

And how to spread the video? Just inform all the Singaporean bloggers, TOC and others by sending an email with the embed code. And then young and old people who are on youtube will forward it to their friends and family.

You need to raise publicity and set up a viable online strategy. First up should always be web videos- which is almost no cost.

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Neither TKL or TOC is a threat to the establishment. I would advise TKL to watch his steps carefully. He has made too many enemies in the past.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just want to do nothing to harm my job security.. hope that is not considered defeatist and self consoling...

You want to see changes all the way, you cant have your cake and eat it at the same time.

Since you are so concern with your job security, doesnt advocating signatures for Tan Kian Lian endanger your job as well, especially if your employer could be pro-PAP and dislike anyone who bites the hands that feeds them?

I can see where all these is heading now.......

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Neither TKL or TOC is a threat to the establishment. I would advise TKL to watch his steps carefully. He has made too many enemies in the past.

Advice?

You mean wayangparty.com want to advice Tan Kian lian when now he actually bene reading your words going against him?

oh my god...what drugs have you been taking?