• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NETS = Indirect taxation?

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to retailers I talk to, the 1.9% charge for transactions made is passed on to customers although they know it'll hurt their business as well.
AS naturally the extra money through many filters will end up as tax into the government's coffers, wouldn't this be another form of indirect taxation? What's next, from 1.9% to 2.9%?

Adidas

Alfrescian
Loyal
hey i though NETs said that retailers cannot pass those charges to the customers,only Pools can charge customers for the usage of NETs. :mad:

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
The purpose of NETS increasing its charges to 1.9% on retailers is to force retailers to accept credit cards payments. Right now, many small retailers only accept NETS but not credit cards. This is bad for tourists to only carry credit cards.

hughgrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
NETS is not the only reason y we pay more nowadays.
hell, even the economy rice i buy now is really ecomony in size:mad: