• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

neo poh goon is upset

kaninabuchaojibye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is a multiracial nation where different languages and dialects are spoken. However, the working language is English.

That being the case, I was really taken aback when, during my recent stay at Tan Tock Seng Hospital, practically all the Chinese doctors and nurses spoke to me in Mandarin.

They looked at me, a Chinese patient in his 70s, and decided that I must understand Mandarin.

I had to raise my hand and tell them to stop, as I don't understand a word of Mandarin.

When I visited the hospital again, I stopped a nurse, showed her a text message in English on my mobile phone, and asked her in English for directions to the location indicated in the message. Again, the reply was given in Mandarin.

While I was in the ward, I also observed that when Chinese nurses or doctors talked to one another, they used Mandarin instead of English.

Neo Poh Goon
https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/for...e-mandarin

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looks like TTSH hired a lot of Tiongs. Maybe other hospitals have more ah nehs or Pinoys?

If you go to Gleneagles I guarantee that English would be spoken. Otherwise communication with Mugabe would be impossible.

mugabe.jpg

kaninabuchaojibye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like TTSH hired a lot of Tiongs. Maybe other hospitals have more ah nehs or Pinoys?

If you go to Gleneagles I guarantee that English would be spoken. Otherwise communication with Mugabe would be impossible.

mugabe.jpg
wrong
ttsh full of pinoys
i was just there not long ago
whole place speaking tagalog

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wrong
ttsh full of pinoys
i was just there not long ago
whole place speaking tagalog

Maybe different department.

Also, I heard hospitals employs a lot of 'service ambassadors' or 'liaison officers', who are not nurses but interact with patients and do paperwork etc.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ttsh indeed alot pinoy faggot.
Next time go imh , straight to your source of illnesses.

kaninabuchaojibye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe different department.

Also, I heard hospitals employs a lot of 'service ambassadors' or 'liaison officers', who are not nurses but interact with patients and do paperwork etc.
yes, lots of safe entry nonsense
and most entrances and gates are locked
sibei troublesome

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is a multiracial nation where different languages and dialects are spoken. However, the working language is English.

That being the case, I was really taken aback when, during my recent stay at Tan Tock Seng Hospital, practically all the Chinese doctors and nurses spoke to me in Mandarin.

They looked at me, a Chinese patient in his 70s, and decided that I must understand Mandarin.

I had to raise my hand and tell them to stop, as I don't understand a word of Mandarin.

When I visited the hospital again, I stopped a nurse, showed her a text message in English on my mobile phone, and asked her in English for directions to the location indicated in the message. Again, the reply was given in Mandarin.

While I was in the ward, I also observed that when Chinese nurses or doctors talked to one another, they used Mandarin instead of English.

Neo Poh Goon
https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/for...e-mandarin
KNN the same happened to my uncle KNN every loctor nurses and hospital leeception counter also by default talk mandarin with him even he leeply in English the leeply again in madarin KNN so my uncle know they thought my uncle is a lao uncle don't know English KNN but my uncle never kpkb KNN just try his best to talk mandarin KNN the problem is normal talk mandarin ok but when you need to describe and explain certain medical issues it is leelee hard to use mandarin KNN

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN my uncle can understand the older generation like to talk and leead Chinese newspaper but my uncle can never understand some young people even the latest generation (especially those golden hair beng) like to leead Chinese newspaper KNN isn't Chinese much harder to learn than English? KNN so my uncle guess maybe they are influenced by kopi uncles in coffeeshop KNN becas Chinese character is definitely 100x more difficult to learn compared to English KNN

Last edited:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal

mugabe.jpg
KNN you are wrong KNN when my uncle went mount e novena to visit loctor Julian ong the leeception also talk Mandarin to him KNN even he went the day surgery side the tiong nurse came out to leeceive him into the ot also talk Mandarin KNN

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KNN the same happened to my uncle KNN every loctor nurses and hospital leeception counter also by default talk mandarin with him even he leeply in English the leeply again in madarin KNN so my uncle know they thought my uncle is a lao uncle don't know English KNN but my uncle never kpkb KNN just try his best to talk mandarin KNN the problem is normal talk mandarin ok but when you need to describe and explain certain medical issues it is leelee hard to use mandarin KNN
nabez, your unker maybe want to impress and describe his headache by pointing to his stomach hence they speak huayi instead of england :redface:

kaninabuchaojibye

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem is they don't know when to stop. They feel the need to replenish our stock of chinese and ah nehs to counteract the m&ds and moslems in this region.
dun worry lah
in 50 years time, sinkypura will not be around
heng ah, i die and spend all my money already
haaaa