• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Need URGENT advise - Maid issue

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros and sis,

Need urgent advise.

Friend told me his neighbour's maid's mother has been hospitalized/sick. Maid agency called to inform the maid.

But after weeks, employer still don't allow maid to return home. Maid's mother still in hospital. Maid agency also no action thus far.

Should the maid approach MOM or who? Which is the fastest approach to expedite to help the maid?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Call maid agency, and the maid embassy? tell the embassy to issue a letter to the employer.

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros and sis,

Need urgent advise.

Friend told me his neighbour's maid's mother has been hospitalized/sick. Maid agency called to inform the maid.

But after weeks, employer still don't allow maid to return home. Maid's mother still in hospital. Maid agency also no action thus far.

Should the maid approach MOM or who? Which is the fastest approach to expedite to help the maid?

Thanks in advance.

U must be the maid? otherwise why u so kanchiong? keke

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If it is true that her mom is sick..........everybody only got one biological mother mah.

can be trusted or not? Last time my nephew _ my brother's son disappeared from school, the bugger told the teacher that his grandfather passed away must attend funeral _

Bazzketz, my father dead long long time even before he was born

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I know lah, but your platform didn't allow me to change the title. I tried to change within 30 sec after posting.

What a load of bull. You repeated the mistake in your message.:rolleyes:

Bros and sis,

Need urgent advise.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
can be trusted or not? Last time my nephew _ my brother's son disappeared from school, the bugger told the teacher that his grandfather passed away must attend funeral _

mayb dat small kid toking about a different grand papa la ... :eek:

u'll never noe ... u'll never noe ... :eek:

Last edited:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bros and sis,

Need urgent advise.

Thanks in advance.

This employer really have no brain and heart. Dont allow maid to go home. If so calculative just consider unpaid leave and air ticket paid by the maid.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
This employer really have no brain and heart. Dont allow maid to go home. If so calculative just consider unpaid leave and air ticket paid by the maid.

I am not being insensitive, but this is a common excuse used by maids. And the next thing you would be finding out that the maid has gone to another house. The best way forward is to ask the agency to check into the village.

As for air tickets, the employer is responsible for the tickets after the contract has ended. Anytime before that is on the maid's account.

Further to your comment on taking it as unpaid leave, just remember that the maid may not return once she has her passport and if it is just an excuse. Who the will sympathise with the employer who has to fork out another couple of thousands to get another? Of course if this case is genuine, then the employe should yield.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not being insensitive, but this is a common excuse used by maids. And the next thing you would be finding out that the maid has gone to another house. The best way forward is to ask the agency to check into the village.

As for air tickets, the employer is responsible for the tickets after the contract has ended. Anytime before that is on the maid's account.

Further to your comment on taking it as unpaid leave, just remember that the maid may not return once she has her passport and if it is just an excuse. Who the will sympathise with the employer who has to fork out another couple of thousands to get another? Of course if this case is genuine, then the employe should yield.

Poor Sinkies.....when maid says the mum is dying, they refuse to believe the maid. But then when there is no trust, why allow that stranger into your own home in the first place?

The home is a sanctuary, refuge, safety. Refuse to trust the maid but demands she cooks for you, make your drink, care for your family?

Something is definitely wrong with these people. I can only surmise that they are KIASU, KIASI. Cursed to be forever distrustful. Eternally fearful of being cheated. They will get there eventually.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Poor Sinkies.....when maid says the mum is dying, they refuse to believe the maid. But then when there is no trust, why allow that stranger into your own home in the first place?

The home is a sanctuary, refuge, safety. Refuse to trust the maid but demands she cooks for you, make your drink, care for your family?

Something is definitely wrong with these people. I can only surmise that they are KIASU, KIASI. Cursed to be forever distrustful. Eternally fearful of being cheated. They will get there eventually.
Well said, before sinkie do anything must calculate the opportunity cost first....see got lugi or not.
Cannot blame them, 50 years of rule under Pappies has turned sinkie society to such.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only heard one side of the story from friend. It is possible that maid's family helping the maid to escape the contract because maid is unhappy with employer.

But if this type of case how to check?

Will agent in home country of the maid check, and can they be trusted.

My friend needs some advice so that he can advise the maid. (Is enlish exterminator happy with this application:()

That's the least he wants to do to help the maid, but of course the maid may be lying. But he is prepared to err on the safe side.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
....Cannot blame them, 50 years of rule under Pappies has turned sinkie society to such.

Obviously you are very wrong. Just look at the PAP gahment budget. Old people, sick people, poor people are helped generously by the gahment. Ordinary workers will have free public buses given to the private bus companies. Even retards who inhabit this forum also got a helping hand from the gahment! Animals like cats, dogs and hamsters are also been helped.

What more can you ask from the gahment - free taxi?

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's what my friend thought so too. But he is also worried that he may get the maid into trouble with her employer if he approaches and advise her employer.

................. The best way forward is to ask the agency to check into the village.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Obviously you are very wrong. Just look at the PAP gahment budget. Old people, sick people, poor people are helped generously by the gahment. Ordinary workers will have free public buses given to the private bus companies. Even retards who inhabit this forum also got a helping hand from the gahment! Animals like cats, dogs and hamsters are also been helped.

What more can you ask from the gahment - free taxi?
You got your free 100 points from Sam.