• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

need more advice on Buddhism

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
where can i learn more about Buddhism ???

do Buddha want people to venerate his remains???

I am referring to the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple @ chinatown... didnt the buddha say no attachment?

if we venerate his remains, are we not being attached to buddha?

thanks for any comments.. peace

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I am referring to the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple @ chinatown... didnt the buddha say no attachment?

to learn more.................go to sgforums and go to the Buddhist folder - you'll get fantastic articles to read that will astound you plus people there really know a lot.

when you know more, you'll know that the Buddha has told people not to be attached to anything that's related to him...............not even to the word ''Buddha'' or his teachings.............becoz there's really nothing for people to be attached to in the 1st place........

senior monks have used terms like ''stupid'' and ''shit'' when referring to the Buddha..............so that the junior monks will not get attached to even the word ''Buddha''

kongsimi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then why be attached to the concepts of Buddhism?

Why even bother?

Last edited:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
coz we need it to gain enlightenment, but once u achieved it u must discard it.

amituofo...

in a way, you're right..................

Buddhist teachings are for you to realize it's truth and meaning.....................and then not to be attached to it..............becoz there's actually nothing for anyone to be attached to...................

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
We can talk a lot but not Buddhism. We only understand culture and religion but not Nirvana. We live in a limitation world to understand Buddhism. Purify is not easy.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Don't learn useless things :wink:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
to learn more.................go to sgforums and go to the Buddhist folder - you'll get fantastic articles to read that will astound you plus people there really know a lot.

when you know more, you'll know that the Buddha has told people not to be attached to anything that's related to him...............not even to the word ''Buddha'' or his teachings.............becoz there's really nothing for people to be attached to in the 1st place........

senior monks have used terms like ''stupid'' and ''shit'' when referring to the Buddha..............so that the junior monks will not get attached to even the word ''Buddha''

Should we burn down all the temples since Buddha wants you not to attached to him :wink: so why must human build temple for Buddha ?