• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

need help urgently ...

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
To Drifter my brother in Christ, I had done a dumpster load of prayers crying a reservoir of of tears to implore God for the safe return of your phone. God had answered that he had written it to be so that the PRC thief had dropped the phone into the toilet while he was taking a crap. Your secrets are safe. Beyond that God said he has to take care of businessmen's prayers too. Amen.

i just use my own money to buy 2 phones ...god did not help .

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
just got 2 iphone today one is iphone4gs for my daily use and one iphone 4 for storing my stuff ..both will be on high security lock ..and i can delete any stuff from my pc if lost again .

Just follow Scroobal's advice on post#76 and all your data should pretty much be protected. Don't forget to sync to iTunes and back-up to PC regularly.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
just got 2 iphone today one is iphone4gs for my daily use and one iphone 4 for storing my stuff ..both will be on high security lock ..and i can delete any stuff from my pc if lost again .

Just follow Scroobal's advice on post#76 and all your data should pretty much be protected. Don't forget to sync to iTunes and back-up to PC regularly.

yes bro , i will take scroobal's advice ..he has been a great help in this thread too .

mikec

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hi drifter. I read about your loss. I wanted to help but then as you know the SBF bros are already offering sensible advises. I'm a silly apple guy with 2 iPhones (4 and 4s) and 3 Macbooks (really using them all for different purposes). Like you I learned from the hard way, I lost my iPhone in China due to my own carelessness in misplacing it, after that I was more careful to activate all the security and preventive measures which is there in all apple devices. Apple has good products and easy to use thats why I'm sticking by it. And if you count the cost of maintenance of any equipment you realized that apple product will finally be cheaper than others.

Take care bro. Hope you don't get into trouble.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hi drifter. I read about your loss. I wanted to help but then as you know the SBF bros are already offering sensible advises. I'm a silly apple guy with 2 iPhones (4 and 4s) and 3 Macbooks (really using them all for different purposes). Like you I learned from the hard way, I lost my iPhone in China due to my own carelessness in misplacing it, after that I was more careful to activate all the security and preventive measures which is there in all apple devices. Apple has good products and easy to use thats why I'm sticking by it. And if you count the cost of maintenance of any equipment you realized that apple product will finally be cheaper than others.

Take care bro. Hope you don't get into trouble.

thankyou bro...this is my first time to have 2 iphones . usually i have one iphone and one japanese phone .and i dont usually change my phone unless spoilt or lost . for me i dont believe in getting the lastest gadgets although japan have the latest coolest electronics . my own fujtisu tablet which i have been using for more then 5 years ..still in working condition and im still using it . yes apple is a user friendly product which is good for me ...im a IT idiot .

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good to see that you have moved on from here.

A lesson i learnt in life is never over-react. I would say most pickpockets will quickly discard your sim card and sell your phone in the second hand market. The chances of the person ransacking through your details is extremely low. Anyway some precautions is always good... change your name to Drifter :biggrin:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

bro, i not sure using an iphone for your work is sensible. i know movie show cannot be trusted but the fact almost all movie show all hk da gor use 2G phone to call only and nothing else. Even u can delete the phone via internet, if really want to retrieve data, it still possible to organisations with the $$ and know how.

pls becareful with what u store in the new iphone, sometime it better to go old school.:smile:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yah bro don't worry so much. Those who steal bags are small time criminals and shouldn't have the balls to carry on with blackmail.

If they are crazy enough to do that, just invite your "gokudu" friends for the meeting.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
bro, i not sure using an iphone for your work is sensible. i know movie show cannot be trusted but the fact almost all movie show all hk da gor use 2G phone to call only and nothing else. Even u can delete the phone via internet, if really want to retrieve data, it still possible to organisations with the $$ and know how.

pls becareful with what u store in the new iphone, sometime it better to go old school.:smile:

bro , i used to carry just $50 nokia phone which dont even have camera in it for my work ( i also give each for my staff to do work ). each time after my job is done i will just throw the whole phone in the river for security reasons . yes , sometimes its better to go old school because sometime hi technology phone can get you into trouble especially those with GPRS .

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro , i used to carry just $50 nokia phone which dont even have camera in it for my work ( i also give each for my staff to do work ). each time after my job is done i will just throw the whole phone in the river for security reasons . yes , sometimes its better to go old school because sometime hi technology phone can get you into trouble especially those with GPRS .

pls throw the phone, sim card seperately

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yah bro don't worry so much. Those who steal bags are small time criminals and shouldn't have the balls to carry on with blackmail.

If they are crazy enough to do that, just invite your "gokudu" friends for the meeting.

bro , thanks for the comfort words ...but i will just take a hide for the time being ...just in case . i already told my " friends" to watch out for someone who sell undergound used iphone around yokohama . but i doubts i can find that guy who stole my bag .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Good to see that you have moved on from here.

A lesson i learnt in life is never over-react. I would say most pickpockets will quickly discard your sim card and sell your phone in the second hand market. The chances of the person ransacking through your details is extremely low. Anyway some precautions is always good... change your name to Drifter :biggrin:

now i think back no use to worry so much ....but i will just be caution these few days . bro now you know why my nick is drifter :wink:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Hi drifter. I read about your loss. I wanted to help but then as you know the SBF bros are already offering sensible advises.

Should be "... offering sensible ADVICE.".

There is no such noun as "advises".

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro, yesterday i already brought 2 new iphones .

Why didn't you pick the brain of our resident Master degree holder, the Chao Ah Lien Cunt Alamaking? But I am sure she would had offered without your asking. OOOps!! sorry...the inevitable....you found nothing there right?...LOL

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why didn't you pick the brain of our resident Master degree holder, the Chao Ah Lien Cunt Alamaking? But I am sure she would had offered without your asking. OOOps!! sorry...the inevitable....you found nothing there right?...LOL

Dun mind my doggy drifter, he just got out from jail, now happily barking around :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: