• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

need help in food business .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Salary plus profit sharing 20% is a good deal.
He have nothing to lose.
But you have fix cost!
20% will give him incentive to work harder.

yes ...the idea of giving him 20% is to make him work harder .

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
bro..thankyou for your view ..

first of all he dont have to come out single cent for the biz and he get salary every month plus 20% of the monthly profit ..i think its already a good deal for him ..

Hope you have consider these:

1) be prepared to lose all your investment;
2) be prepared to lose a friend;
3) there is such thing call creative accounting - a profit making business can be losing $$ every month, especially if you are not watching it yourself;
4) register the business as a private limited company so that your risk is only limited to your initial layout if things don't turn out well.

good luck.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hope you have consider these:

1) be prepared to lose all your investment;
2) be prepared to lose a friend;
3) there is such thing call creative accounting - a profit making business can be losing $$ every month, especially if you are not watching it yourself;
4) register the business as a private limited company so that your risk is only limited to your initial layout if things don't turn out well.

good luck.

1) doing biz itself is a risk ...and i have been taking calculated risk for many years ..
2) alot of ppl always tell me its not easy to work with friends ...and i know that . thats why i dont ask any tom dick or harry to help me ...he is my good friend and i tested his character by using $$$ to temp him ..he passed my test .
3) yes ...of course i know about creative accounting ....thats why i only trust him ..( i dont usually trust ppl ) .
4) yes...will be registering the biz as a private limited .

thankyou for your input .

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you do catering biz, why waste money printing on such stuff which restricts their resale value?

No need printing one lah.

Just buy the bowls and approach students from la salle to help glaze the design on to the item if these are ceramic items. I am sure the school would welcome such paid projects, if I am not wrong.

If plastic, then spray lacquer paint using paper stencil can leow. Otherwise ask your friend go brash bersah ayrlic sign making shop go ask.

any brothers here know where to get 2nd hand commerical oven in singapore ? where to get paper cup or bowl printed with your brand in singapore ? thankyou

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Again I find your approach abit strange leh.

Print logo on utensils, unless your biz very big, otherwise you have to keep excess inventory of your utensils, or got to replace small batches in future which is not economical:*: And difficult to resell/dispose for money if you decide to exit the biz:o

Utensils is a high pliferage item.

i dont need to come back singapore in order to start a biz ...planing to let my close friend run the show ...do you know where i can get my paper plate and bowl printed or where to get second hand oven ?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If you do catering biz, why waste money printing on such stuff which restricts their resale value?

No need printing one lah.

Just buy the bowls and approach students from la salle to help glaze the design on to the item if these are ceramic items. I am sure the school would welcome such paid projects, if I am not wrong.

If plastic, then spray lacquer paint using paper stencil can leow. Otherwise ask your friend go brash bersah ayrlic sign making shop go ask.

im not doing catering biz . i can do all the designing myself ( used to be in art school ) .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Again I find your approach abit strange leh.

Print logo on utensils, unless your biz very big, otherwise you have to keep excess inventory of your utensils, or got to replace small batches in future which is not economical:*: And difficult to resell/dispose for money if you decide to exit the biz:o

Utensils is a high pliferage item.

thats the mentally of most singapore food biz man ...only want to sell food without attractive packaging to attract customers .Printing logo on the packaging or paper bowl or cup is another way of creating branding ...making customers feel the food worth its price .

Last edited:

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Drifter bro, I just saw this thread, so found my answer that I posed on your other business thread.
Good luck in your venture... food biz is certainly one of the things that can succeed well in this island.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Drifter bro, I just saw this thread, so found my answer that I posed on your other business thread.
Good luck in your venture... food biz is certainly one of the things that can succeed well in this island.

bro , u also into food biz ?

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Get good PRC kitchen or wait help - hardworking, dependable and good attitude. That makes a whole world of difference between success and failure

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Get good PRC kitchen or wait help - hardworking, dependable and good attitude. That makes a whole world of difference between success and failure

thankyou for your input ..yes we thought of getting FT to help out in the kitchen to cut labour cost ...but on second thoughts i rather pay abit higher for singaporean staff because i dont really trust FT ( of course theres good FT around ) .

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go to mudlasia to do all your printing and everything you need for ur business. Cheaper.

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Go to mudlasia to do all your printing and everything you need for ur business. Cheaper. Plus most sinkee business also do the nitty gritty stuff in mudlasia due to cost.

thankyou so much for the advice ...i didnt think of malaysia ...thankyou .

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've seen a few restaurants in JB that uses printed porcelain tableware and its pretty good quality, menus also good printed quality and layout. I am a chef so I am always on a lookout at these kinda things. Good luck on your venture.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I've seen a few restaurants in JB that uses printed porcelain tableware and its pretty good quality, menus also good printed quality and layout. I am a chef so I am always on a lookout at these kinda things. Good luck on your venture.

thankyou . your infor really help me alot in this thread ...by the way do you know their website address ?