• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NEA with Lanjiao Fingers and Cheebye Brain

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jiak liao bee NEA who are always mindfucked wants you to return your utensils one way or another. May I suggest you all collect your trays of food and utensils and return it straight to NEA while they mindfuck with fake surveys.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jiak liao bee NEA who are always mindfucked wants you to return your utensils one way or another. May I suggest you all collect your trays of food and utensils and return it straight to NEA while they mindfuck with fake surveys.

Singaporeans should learn to return tray. I know many of them were brought up since birth and taken care by their maids. It is time we learn to think of others. I hate to see many singaporean old folks still doing dirty jobs cleaning up after the hawker users,especially now with many yaya cocky foreigners looking down on cleaners. YOu wouldn't want to see any of your parents or siblings clearing up trays in hawker centers, do you? They are supposed to age gracefully or at least, if they want to work, work in a much cleaner environment like Mcdonald or somewhere with aircon and disposable plates.

Last edited:

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singaporeans should learn to return tray. I know many of them were brought up since birth and taken care by their maids. It is time we learn to think of others. I hate to see many singaporean old folks still doing dirty jobs cleaning up after the hawker users,especially now with many yaya cocky foreigners looking down on cleaners. YOu wouldn't want to see any of your parents or siblings clearing up trays in hawker centers, do you? They are supposed to age gracefully or at least, if they want to work, work in a much cleaner environment like Mcdonald or somewhere with aircon and disposable plates.

It is this kind of thinking that will do Singapore in. No job is beneath anyone except LKY who has golden cb hands. Who wipes your backside? All jobs are dignified. Those who claim otherwise are saying your life is worth shit and should make the person who insinuates understand what shit means.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Today I went to eat at the food court at Basement 4 at ION.

While I was leaving I try to tidy the table so the auntie there can have a easier job to just carry the tray back with all cups and plates already on the tray.

My children is with me and my son even gave away a can of coke to the auntie.

Sometime we do not have to do thing from start to end; I believe we can strike a balance while we can teach our children to respect poor auntie and uncle working for lowest pay in Singapore and at the same time let them keep their job for good.

In life just do what you think is right. Those young children pastering other to return tray are just been brain wash by teacher whom themselve hide away from reality and society by hiding inside school. I call this blind leading the blind.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng says when u see those teh-gu come in NEA uniform just throw ur bowl of soup at them or bash them with ur tray lor.:biggrin:

CLIMAX

Alfrescian
Loyal
Food prices keep increasing by leaps and bounds and now we have to clear our own utensils?
Are these NEA CBLs out of their mind?

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hate to see many singaporean old folks still doing dirty jobs cleaning up after the hawker users,especially now with many yaya cocky foreigners looking down on cleaners. They are supposed to age gracefully or at least, if they want to work, work in a much cleaner environment like Mcdonald or somewhere with aircon and disposable plates.

1. Oldies are cleaning tables and clearing trays because they are UNSKILLED labour and DO NOT have enough CPF to retire.

2. The reason oldies are not working in air con comfort in McDonalds etc is because McDonald's diners clear their own trays or mostly take away their orders thus depriving job openings for oldies.

3. If everyone starts clearing their trays at food centres, more oldies would be out of job and have no CPF and income to survive. The more trays left on tables leads to an increase of more job opportunities for unemployable unskilled oldies to at least earn a couple of $$$ more as tray clearers rather than turn to begging, selling tissue papers or collecting cardboard boxes.

Last edited:

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is a great sin to be an oldie in singapore except for the farking OLD FART who still collects exorbitant salaries for being a CHo-Bo-LAN.Maybe,they should put up a wax figurine of the OLD FART with clasped hands and bowing to welcome all foreigners at Changi Airport.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singaporeans should learn to return tray. I know many of them were brought up since birth and taken care by their maids.

Nope. No maid in my house.

The key point is this: clearing the table and wiping it clean are the tasks of the employees at any hawker centre/restaurant.
It is rude to expect the customers to do such chores.

Vivian Balakrishnan is a fucktard.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Very well said and indeed very meaningful plea.

We should clear the trays and make it a habit.

Have mercy on all the old folks struggling at the tasks with a pittance as salary.

Let us show that we as Singaporeans are compassionate too.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
People are confusing clearing tables with values. When you step into a restaurant and most eating joints you do not clear the tables. This is in the commercial space not amongst family, friends or at a gathering where people do their part to lighten the load. The exception are the fast food joints where food packaging lends itself easily to disposal by the consumer into a bin which is conveniently located as you leave for the door. Fast food appeals to the young lot who are with the programme.

The hawker centre on the hand caters to nearly everyone from the elderly who are set in their ways. People need to be patient and more understanding. This has nothing to do with poor values or being spoit by the maid.

Why the need to pester the elderly when they are having their meals. This to me is rude, inappropriate and where one's values are questioned. Most people will comply and the rest with time and peer pressure will follow suit.

Till today where ever I am in the world, I still see a minority at fast food joints not clearing their table but you do not see MacDonald's KFC and the all the big names making a din or complaining. Ever seen a Mac staff telling a customer to clear while the customer is having his meal.

The hawker centre and the kopitiam chains are not charities. It means that we dealing with the bottom line. The intention has nothing to do with values but increasing the bottom line as staff costs money.

The most important thing is to ensure that the next customer who use the table has a clean one. That should be the priority. They can do a better job of educating the customer to bring a better outcome. Not force people.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
pay $$ still must do so many things. liddat might as well make the customers cook their own food at the stall. tiu....:oIo:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dunno why Lanjiao Fingers and Cheebye Brain reminds me of Dumbfuck Fishypie, lol

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
People are confusing clearing tables with values. When you step into a restaurant and most eating joints you do not clear the tables. This is in the commercial space not amongst family, friends or at a gathering where people do their part to lighten the load. The exception are the fast food joints where food packaging lends itself easily to disposal by the consumer into a bin which is conveniently located as you leave for the door. Fast food appeals to the young lot who are with the programme.

The hawker centre on the hand caters to nearly everyone from the elderly who are set in their ways. People need to be patient and more understanding. This has nothing to do with poor values or being spoit by the maid.

Why the need to pester the elderly when they are having their meals. This to me is rude, inappropriate and where one's values are questioned. Most people will comply and the rest with time and peer pressure will follow suit.

Till today where ever I am in the world, I still see a minority at fast food joints not clearing their table but you do not see MacDonald's KFC and the all the big names making a din or complaining. Ever seen a Mac staff telling a customer to clear while the customer is having his meal.

The hawker centre and the kopitiam chains are not charities. It means that we dealing with the bottom line. The intention has nothing to do with values but increasing the bottom line as staff costs money.

The most important thing is to ensure that the next customer who use the table has a clean one. That should be the priority. They can do a better job of educating the customer to bring a better outcome. Not force people.

Agree with you, but there was once a '300m' overspent ministar, who will tell or ask you, your choice of food or location. This will determine your values, whether nature or nurtured. I believe you are from my generation, who by nature, will be gracious & by nuture, to respect rules & regulations & may from time to time, bend & break certain rules; but in all we respect & carry them out; even with much grumbling.

I have noticed over the years, the younger generation doesn't seem to be gracious ( not all, but mostly), I have seen many, they will just eat & the entire table they are using, is like a rubbish heap & after eating they just walk off, even at joints that have return your own trays facilities. This generation, went on to produce another, who became worse than the previous, not only they make a rubbish heap , they even litter the floors & don't care for hygiene either.

What happened?? the "nature" part, that is , one generation was not past down the values from our generation or it was diluted, & by nuture going through the education system, produce a couldn't care less attitude & this generation pass on that "value" to the current...who is completely without nature or nuture..who do we blame?? what do you think??

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
318033_371147306271924_2063316759_n.jpg

images

This Singkie family got clear their plates or not?

I bet they did not clear their own plates...... why should we?

Last edited:

funnyz

Alfrescian
Loyal

You are talking with foot in your mouth. The fundamental problem is why are these old folks still working as cleaners when they should be enjoying life at that age. Misguided retirement scheme coupled with a few bad policies are all what it takes to make you continuing to work as a cleaner into your old age.

You are just talking shit here.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bullsh!t. For me it is a personal decision and nothing to do with your warped logic.
it 's done for the wrong reason. when I was living in USA , NZ and australia for a while I return my food trays as it is the norm there since eons ago and right thing to do. Nobody force you and no stupid campaign. In sinkieland, the garmen have years to inculcate the habit but they just could NOT be bothered until the foodcourts towkays started pressuring the garmen to start a national campaign for them to lower costs and employ less manpower. When has a private minor issue in a private business setting of a foodcourt has to do with national policy or campaign???
you tell me. when since has not returning food tray be construed as rude? if it is , then they would next start to tell us to clean tables and wash up the dishes and utensils for them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Faark them these food court towkays, This is not a nattional issue. any foodcourt that tell you to return trays, I would tell them to fark off and boycott them forever.
If people urinate in lifts in private condos lifts, do you think the garmen would interfere and impose fine and install cameras in private condos? they would tell condo management that it is your own problem. so what so different for food courts in shopping complexes??
it has nothing to do with courtesy or manners. there are far more important things like roadside manners, cursing, spitting and littering, etc. for the garmen to attend to.
Basically it has also to do with the current overcrowding issue in sinkieland and everywhere is dirty, smelly and overcrowded. it just got worse past few years and why should we help the these people solve a problem they created in the first place. If they want us to return the trays they better pay us. since the society and garmen is going to the dogs and everything is equated to $ and cts, why not demand the foodcourt pay us for doing their job and saving them a bundle. Courtesy my @ss. I eat and I spit(on the table) and i leave. that's it. It's has absolutely nothing to do with courtesy but my disgust with foodcourts towkays and people behind it. anyway there is no law against leaving food trays behind. It would be a world class joke if they pass a law.
start returning trays and next thing they would ask you to wipe the table, clear the tables and wash the dishes. no wonder locals like to be screwed. just stupid people. age gracefully??? then why don't you employ these old people with fanciful titles like managers, pay them 5 figure salaries, put them in air con office with 5 days week??? talk is cheap and nothing but hot air.

Last edited:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think you might have realize the paradox here. The Ministry responsible for establishing and enforcing a minimum standard of cleanliness is also managing the operations of hawker centres which traditionally have the lowest standard of cleanliness among all eating establishments. The initiative was an adequate response and I agree with it. They could have sought more creative ways of educating people to do so, like using cleanliness as a goal to convince people to buy-in into the idea, but you know lah, bureaucrats are not the best people to run promotions.

They might have simply budgeted promotion expenses and outsourced it to a third party agency instead. Which reminds me. Did you also realize NEA has its own department for promotions and activities? Recall littering campaign on TV, street banners, etc. The departments in charge of hawker centres and cleanliness standards are not communicating with each other, nor are they fully utilizing its shared resources. Communication breakdown?