• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nanu free call app for android phones

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I doubt that the telcos would be happy about the competitiion. I think they will push to have some controls if not an outright ban on this:confused:

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how call US numbe? 01XXX...? or 1xxx....? or simply XXX .... (ie area code only)???????
can call mobile number too??
need + before idd code followed by number

free if have nanu for both parties

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I doubt that the telcos would be happy about the competitiion. I think they will push to have some controls if not an outright ban on this:confused:

Look at what these telco losers talking:

For StarHub, it is through investments in 4G and 3G network upgrades that its mobile customers can enjoy a 99.97 per cent call success rate and 99.99 per cent service availability, said Michael Chang, assistant vice-president of mobility at StarHub.
"Our customers have the assurance that their mobile calls can reach anyone with a mobile phone, regardless of app ... and have come to expect unmatched crystal-clear phone conversations in HD with reduced background noise," he said.
But Forrester's Mr Teo said an important question should be if telcos can defend against non-business grade users who are switching to free calls.
"Probably not," he said. "The only way to defend is to be very customer-focused, and offer the best experience to them. Are telcos doing that? Somewhat, but more can be done, for example, with better billing or roaming charges."
SingTel, a major telco here, is well aware of the new competition in the digital space. It has identified new growth engines - mobile advertising, big data and mobile-led video service - for which telco assets such as "trusted customer relationships" and "billing platforms" give it a competitive advantage, said a spokeswoman.
"We're also actively partnering other telcos, vendors and research institutes, as well as investing in startups with the potential to disrupt adjacent technologies and their traditional operating models," she added.
It seems like nanu - with its technology and bold mission of ending phone bills as we know them - has readied itself to disrupt the telco industry. It launches on Android first, to be followed by iOS and other operating systems later this year.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Look at what these telco losers talking:.....

When I am overseas I avoid using my Spore SIM card because of the costs to myself for calling out as well as for the locals who will be calling me.

For 100baht I can get a thai SIM card & it only costs something like 10 baht/month to keep the number active. Spore is really becoming uncompetitive.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I am overseas I avoid using my Spore SIM card because of the costs to myself for calling out as well as for the locals who will be calling me.

For 100baht I can get a thai SIM card & it only costs something like 10 baht/month to keep the number active. Spore is really becoming uncompetitive.

I think if you are overseas and sinkies call you, it's local rates for them. Only u pay international rates.

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in hk for S$6.50c, you get i month mobile data plus more than 100 local calls

another card offers overseas call at $0.04c/minute,

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in hk for S$6.50c, you get i month mobile data plus more than 100 local calls

another card offers overseas call at $0.04c/minute,

Singapore calling rate never go down in 20 year.
In other country their rate go down as much as 50~70% in 10 year.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think if you are overseas and sinkies call you, it's local rates for them. Only u pay international rates.

I'm more concerned about how much my thai friends are being charged when they call me on my Spore handphone in Thailand?
I didn't want them to pick up any excess phone charges that is why I use a Thai SIM card.