• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Naive online shoppers have to learn the hard way

DOOGEE

Alfrescian
Loyal

See ads of cheap devices like China made smartphones and tablets with supposedly good specs, high specs and they buy on impulse because it costs only a fraction or half the price of Samsung, Apple smartphones, tablets - only to find out the hard way that hidden issues awaits these naive shoppers.

No Google playstore / can't install it. Blocked by manufacturer.

Freedom robbed : Some popular apps blocked by manufacturer. In other words, manufacturers decides for their customers what apps they can and cannot install. You get none of such problems with Samsung, Apple, Sony, ASUS products.

Incompatibility issues : Some popular apps incompatible with some phone / tablet models. You get none of such problems with Samsung, Apple, Sony, ASUS products.

Touch screen insensitivity : Have to press harder or more than once to register. You get none of such problems with Samsung, Apple, Sony, ASUS products.

Malware, spyware : Smartphones and tablets that came pre installed with it by manufacturers. Users can confirm this by installing Malwarebytes to run a full scan when they buy their devices NEW without surfing the web or installing apps outside Google Playstore.

DOOGEE

Alfrescian
Loyal
fHy00Lv.jpg

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Smart people don't use smart phone. I am still using my old phone and has no intention to change my lifestyle.
[/IMG]"]
105brba.jpg

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are wrong. Very biased.

Recently bought a "Bluboo Etouch" from China online and it is working perfectly. As good as the latest iPhone or Samsung. Paid $120 only. Ha Ha.

DOOGEE

Alfrescian
Loyal

Recently bought a "Bluboo Etouch" from China online and it is working perfectly. As good as the latest iPhone or Samsung. Paid $120 only. Ha Ha.

Biased? All threads started by my clones comes with customers reviews in screen captures and it serves as eye opener for newbies.

Customers paid for their products but are not getting full control over it. Worse is they got cheated.

Cheap prices comes with cheap inferior quality and technology and so customers get what they paid for. Either that or their smartphones, tablets manufacturers are control freaks. :biggrin:

These manufacturers are damn thick skinned. Android is designed and owned by Google and yet manufacturers imposed strict restrictions on their phones and can ban Google playstore. :rolleyes: Paid for it to be owner yet don't get full access to it.

DOOGEE

Alfrescian
Loyal

Go to Qoo10 and u can find countless customers reviews stating that goods delivered came with box seal broken. Why so? Because Qoo10 vendors got it from China and devices came without Google playstore and bengs had to open the packages, install it and sell it to local customers.

And for example, a popular app like VLC player that can play all types of video, audio format, has rave reviews from PC users, is incompatible with some China made tablets. Can install but crashes when playing movies.

DOOGEE

Alfrescian
Loyal

I can even recommend u a China tablet seemingly with specs as good as Samsung high end model and price costs only one third but u won't be able to get a refund. :biggrin:

The problem is that vendor websites selling it moderates all customer reviews, allows only positive ones and deletes negative ones, thus doomed buyers who got cheated is unable to warn others. And customer service will ding dong back and forth telling affected customers to wait because seller has still not responded. Apparently this does not happen when u shop at eBay with eBay effective buyers protection. :biggrin:

DOOGEE

Alfrescian
Loyal

Only cheap accessories do i buy it at Chinese e-commerce sites. Anything that costs above a hundred dollars, i purchase at eBay. Any problems, defects i open a dispute and refund from Pay Pal is fast and assured. Any Chinese made products that interests me, i will search for it at eBay.

Spent 15 minutes watching reviews at you tube. Cons : Plasticky back cover. Apply finger pressure at the back and it bends inwards :biggrin: And usage of dual sim cards will cost u to give up your external sd card slot or if u use your external sd card slot, u can only use one sim slot.

Powerage

Alfrescian
Loyal
The other thing about uploading your photo as evidence when opening a ticket to customer service of e-commerce sites. Based on complaints from customers negative reviews, some website owners deliberately limit the upload size to small kbits, making viewing difficult. :rolleyes: :biggrin:

DOOGEE

Alfrescian
Loyal
No play store is easily settled. I just installed it on my new Mi5 this morning. Simply follow this - http://www.technobuzz.net/guide-install-google-play-store-mi-5-xiaomi/

lan sai.. buy china phones have to go through hassle? How convenient ! :biggrin: People don't buy phones and to have to look for solutions on the net after that. You think everyone is so free? :biggrin:

No such problems with renown brands like Apple, Samsung, Sony, ASUS, HTC........ moreover quality is ASSURED.

Last edited:

DOOGEE

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not just video reviews at youtube showed how cheap plasticky quality it is but also confirmation from German customers :biggrin: Apply finger pressure at the back of the phone and it's like a spring board :biggrin:

In German

http://www.amazon.de/product-review...ewpoints=1&filterByStar=critical&pageNumber=1

Translated

http://translate.google.com/transla...filterByStar=critical&pageNumber=1&edit-text=

pjJOn9n.jpg

DOOGEE

Alfrescian
Loyal

Even Tiongs shun and despise their own products and are brand conscious. They know that there is no real quality in it. If u go to any trade fairs or better known as pasar malam, there's no stock for accessories for china phones and tablets but abundance for popular renown brands. No demand = no supply. Simple as that.

Try asking a staff at the trade fair this : Do u have casing for 7" inch tablet?

Staff : Yes plenty. What is your brand model?

You : Chinese tablet

Staff : ........

Look at their facial expression after asking them :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

DOOGEE

Alfrescian
Loyal

They impress u with high specs but what u can't see is the actual product, only internet photos. They could have make it solidly complete by adding a robust and classy back cover.

Really, u don't want to have a smart phone that looks good at the front, metal frame at the sides in this case, only to get a flimsy back cover that not only ruins your nice looking phone altogether but also is easily bendable with your fingers without really having to apply much force. So what if u were to put your phone in your bag together with sharp objects and stack something heavy on your bag?

This phone imo is not bad but the design and texture at the back puts me off. Bluboo are u reading this?

224814410060ac6bc7fe19bb5439d821e09931ed.jpg

Translated from German language

http://translate.google.com/transla...filterByStar=critical&pageNumber=1&edit-text=

pjJOn9n.jpg

DOOGEE

Alfrescian
Loyal
The back of the phone is not GLASS but plastic and bendable.

54HbIXy.jpg

Last edited: