• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mysterious hole in Geylang

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dec 7, 2010

<!-- by line -->By Amanda Wong
<!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar --><!-- story content : start -->
RESIDENTS of Geylang Lorong 15 woke up to find a little surprise outside their door on Dec 3.
A 60cm wide and 50cm deep hole had appeared on the concrete pavement out of nowhere.
<EMBED height=382 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=576 src=http://image.razor.tv/site/flashplayer/razortv2.swf allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="file=http%3A//www.razor.tv/site/servlet/stream/playerXml%3Bjsessionid%3D09C179CA863C77CEC935FF95FC87FBFC.00%3Frepeat%3Dfalse%26autostart%3Dfalse%26video%3Dcontentbean%3A57484%26browserUrl%3Dhttp%3A//www.razor.tv/site/servlet/segment/main/news/&adsurl=http%3A//www.razor.tv%3A80/site/servlet/adsVideo/%3Fstream%3Dcontentbean%3A57484%26channel%3Dcontentbean%3A90&isembed=true&hideall=true&hidebnt=true"></EMBED>
According to shop owners nearby, the hole in the ground appeared suddenly. It has been temporarily covered with a piece of wooden board to prevent accidents.
When contacted by RazorTV, the Land Transport Authority said the hole will be repaired on Wednesday.
As for what caused the hole, LTA said it may have been caused by wear and tear, and that the pavement may not have been compacted properly when it was laid.

<!-- story content : end -->

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Bali Nasi Lemak shop in front serves quite nice nasi lemak and is quite famous for their kecap manis chicken wings

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Bali Nasi Lemak shop in front serves quite nice nasi lemak and is quite famous for their kecap manis chicken wings

You dare to eat ? So many HIV infected uncles and teenagers there .
Common wash area you see already to dare not eat .
Backlanes with rats and cockroaches running around .

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
You dare to eat ? So many HIV infected uncles and teenagers there .
Common wash area you see already to dare not eat .
Backlanes with rats and cockroaches running around .

your reminder alerts me. i often eat there without thinking of these.

IceLemonT

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dec 7, 2010

As for what caused the hole, LTA said it may have been caused by wear and tear, and that the pavement may not have been compacted properly when it was laid.

<!-- story content : end -->

Sure or not? Or is this a sign of Geylang is sinking? :p

IceLemonT

Alfrescian
Loyal
It shows that foods are SAFE to be consumed.
They healthy, you healthy.
If they are not around then i worry.

LOL, I recall one old lady told me in hokkien "Wu chee leng kachua ho, bo lasam." (Translate: Got lizard & cockroach is good, that means the place is free of hantu.) :biggrin:

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LOL, I recall one old lady told me in hokkien "Wu chee leng kachua ho, bo lasam." (Translate: Got lizard & cockroach is good, that means the place is free of hantu.) :biggrin:

haha.. i duno lizard n kachua can get rid of hantu.. :eek:..

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the hole is a warning to all hookers in the area that their vaginas will enlarge to the same size if they keep plying their trade.

wahlaneh

Alfrescian
Loyal
wahlaneh...
too much "drilling n piling" in geylang area making the ground soft n tender lor -outside drilling/piling inside also drilling/piling.:biggrin: