• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My whatsapp hardly works in China

Huatable

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Kunming now, my whatsapp appears to be restricted. Can receive messages very slowly but multimedias are blocked.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They restricted WhatsApp around 2 years ago because the servers are hosted overseas. so technically China has no control over the chat content

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Welcome to the Great Internet Firewall of the CCP. :wink:

No problems for Wechat, but try to stay away from chatting about 'controversial topics' e.g. Tiananmen, Xinjiang, Taiwan independence etc. Otherwise you might get banned.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Welcome to the Great Internet Firewall of the CCP. :wink:

No problems for Wechat, but try to stay away from chatting about 'controversial topics' e.g. Tiananmen, Xinjiang, Taiwan independence etc. Otherwise you might get banned.
No true lah. My girlfriend and I talk about Xi, HK, Tiananmen, Dissidents, Food, actors and actresses for so many years still talking, even about government policies and custom people and corruption... our we chat still same lah. Lol. :biggrin: You think Chicom so free to target ordinary people ah. Haha..And my girlfriend is official CCP member too! :biggrin: