• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My very short message to Voters of East Coast GRC

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would not be happy with just popular vote below 60%. We need 1/3 oppies, and if that happens we will truly be on our way!
All Singaporeans and the non PAP candidates should and must take steps to secure at least 35 per cent of the seats in Parliament, to deny the PAP of a two third majority so that the PAP is not able to make amendments to the Constitution to suits its Agenda.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how you do your maths?

a Parliament of 93 seats need 32 to form more than 1/3 of the seats.

imo if WP wins EC, likely that there's a massive nationwide vote swing towards the Opposition. WP and PSP will win most of their contested seats. Opposition at least 1/3 in parliament.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
imo if WP wins EC, likely that there's a massive nationwide vote swing towards the Opposition. WP and PSP will win most of their contested seats. Opposition at least 1/3 in parliament.

I don’t think the ground at its current state is as angry as the lot back in GE11. Where TCB stands in WC GRC, they might stand a chance. Can’t say the same for TP GRC and/or other GRCs.

Where the east side is concerned, SK GRC just got hotter, HG shaky after Ah Huat stepped down, AJ GRC shaky after LTK stepped down. EC GRC would have a bit of show.

All in all, these 3 GRCs yield at most 15 seats, a far cry from the 32 seats required

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don’t think the ground at its current state is as angry as the lot back in GE11. Where TCB stands in WC GRC, they might stand a chance. Can’t say the same for TP GRC and/or other GRCs.

Where the east side is concerned, SK GRC just got hotter, HG shaky after Ah Huat stepped down, AJ GRC shaky after LTK stepped down. EC GRC would have a bit of show.

All in all, these 3 GRCs yield at most 15 seats, a far cry from the 32 seats required

if the DPM is defeated in EC, many seats will fall to the Oppo, big votes swing against PAP. it won't be just WP winning HG, AJ, EC and that's all for the Oppo.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
if the DPM is defeated in EC, many seats will fall to the Oppo, big votes swing against PAP. it won't be just WP winning HG, AJ, EC and that's all for the Oppo.

Why not?

As history has shown the opposition strong support is only in pockets of Sg.

So it is very likely that will happen again. It will be select areas that will actually vote in opposition MPs.

If the opposite is true where there is broad based support for opposition and wide discontent with PAP then you will have the situation where people will say I will vote opposition let other people vote PAP. And what will happen is there will be no PAP majority anymore.

I am not scaring anyone.

But I am just saying this as fact. It happened during the 2015 Alberta elections. PC had been in power for decades. Like PAP. Arrogant. So people voted NDP but no one was really serious about having an NDP government! But that's what we got for 5 years!

Anyway it is ok. Try a opposition govt. New govt. If you dont like it you can go back after 5 years.

What's so bad about changing govt once in a while?

birdie69

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi and good day to all of you in East Coast GRC

Before you decide who to vote, whether PAP or WP, ask yourself 2 simple questions to clear your mind of any doubts.

1. Is Mr Heng Swee Keat prime minister material?

If yes, vote for him and his team.
If no, I would urge you to vote for Nicole Seah and her WP team.

If you are undecided after asking yourself Question 1 above, then proceed to ask Question 2

2. If you vote PAP, would PAP listen to Singapore citizens and stop siding with foreigners, foreign talents , increasing cost of living on a perpetual basis and spend more on Singapore citizens?

You ought to know that when PAP has a clean sweep or achieve a very high % of popular vote in past general elections, they take it as endorsement of their pro foreigner, pro FT policies, increasing cost of living and also population levels.

The answer is clear that you must vote WP to reduce PAP share of total vote, so that even if they win East Coast GRC, they will still be on their toes and not take you for granted.

That's all. Please vote wisely.

cloudy
I thought there is 3rd question, are we treated better than the foreigners?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
East Coast Residents!!!! If WP has won the seats in East Coast GRC, PAP will still be around to serve you even better (it is a guaranteed of better service than before), because they are now afraid of East Coast Residents. PAP got your message and suddently became very Kiasi and will definitely bow down and kiss your feet from the day WP took over East Coast. It is a double-win for everyone in East Coast, Singaporeans and all opposition in Singapore.

However, if for some silly reasons that WP were to lost in East Coast, PAP true color will show again. Nobody will win, except only one winner, that is PAP and NOT YOU, the residents of East Coast.
Win-win voting for WP. Lose-lose if vote MIW.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
the problem here is sinkies are so self-centred and so cowered in fear that they don't even dare to try to have a change of govt every 5 years.

I dont think it works like that though.

My experience during the 2015 Alberta Elections was that the anger in people was so palpable that we all knew that the ruling part had become too arrogant. But we all felt and thought majority would still vote the Progressive Conservatives. The NDP majority win was a total SHOCKER!

So if there is going to be something like that happen in Singapore it is because people are very very angry and disillusioned with the PAP.

The system doesn't lie. It is a true indicator of what the majority feel. If enough Singaporeans are angry there will be a new government.

If the PAP remains it means most are still happy with them.

We shall see.

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Deny PAP the super majority.

The gerrymandering via GRC is toxic.

Time to send a strong message to PAP.

Every vote counts, vote wisely for checks and balances and not let PAP run roughshod over you.

trDEIcP.png

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm having drinks with a group of EC voters tomorrow. They are fence sitters and most worried about losing PM elect Heng if EC GRC falls.

For them, Chan CS becoming the PM would be a nightmare scenario

How should i convince them to cast the WP vote?

Suggestions please

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The political system that was inherited from the Brits has turned into a farcical caricature of it. It all started when LKY started fixing the oppos and entrenching his Familee in politics. :rolleyes:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm having drinks with a group of EC voters tomorrow. They are fence sitters and most worried about losing PM elect Heng if EC GRC falls.

Suggestions please

Tell them that you have 'credible insider info' that Lawrence Wong will be the next PM... Loong was just getting rid of the trash within the party without dirtying his own hands. :wink:

kaninabuchaojibye

Alfrescian
Loyal

Suggestions please
sorry, both heng and chan are not prime minster calibre
sad but true thay after spending so much money on these two, that's the quality we get.

kaninabuchaojibye

Alfrescian
Loyal
The gerrymandering via GRC is toxic.

Time to send a strong message to PAP.

Every vote counts, vote wisely for checks and balances and not let PAP run roughshod over you.

trDEIcP.png
gerrymandering is one thing
another is how rules are bend
even temasek can say happy happy delay release of results after erections
obvious even to the naked eye that something is wrong

AewXt01.jpg

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi and good day to all of you in East Coast GRC

Before you decide who to vote, whether PAP or WP, ask yourself 2 simple questions to clear your mind of any doubts.

1. Is Mr Heng Swee Keat prime minister material?

If yes, vote for him and his team.
If no, I would urge you to vote for Nicole Seah and her WP team.

If you are undecided after asking yourself Question 1 above, then proceed to ask Question 2

2. If you vote PAP, would PAP listen to Singapore citizens and stop siding with foreigners, foreign talents , increasing cost of living on a perpetual basis and spend more on Singapore citizens?

You ought to know that when PAP has a clean sweep or achieve a very high % of popular vote in past general elections, they take it as endorsement of their pro foreigner, pro FT policies, increasing cost of living and also population levels.

The answer is clear that you must vote WP to reduce PAP share of total vote, so that even if they win East Coast GRC, they will still be on their toes and not take you for granted.

That's all. Please vote wisely.

cloudy

HSK GOT PLAN.........its lhl plan to bump him off so that ccs can warm seat for clown prince Li HongYi