• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My thoughts on the SMRT saga....

Spermlord

Alfrescian
Loyal

离乡背井谁想要?本是同本又同宗。
设生处地为其想,莫非逼迫何造反?
今日成就须谦卑,百年风水轮流转。
倘若子孙为卑贱,你还会否出此言?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are a certified moron.

If Dubai pays two or three times my current salary to hire me for a contract position, I am not going to complain that some ang mor is earning a few hundred dollars more than me while we do the same work.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If Dubai pays two or three times my current salary to hire me for a contract position, I am not going to complain that some ang mor is earning a few hundred dollars more than me while we do the same work.

And you are a certified NINCOMPOOP.

If you are driving a bus in Dubai and required to work long hours so that you are tired most of the time and yet are underpaid and put in a crowded dorm full of bed bugs, the not-daft Dubai citizens will want your conditions to be improved. Not because they like you, but because they fear that while you are tired and scratching your bug-bitten backside, you may ramp your bus into a Dubai native and kill him.

Most importantly, the Dubai citizen will be smart enough to realise that same salary for bus drivers and all other jobs whatever their nationality is the best way to ensure that the Dubai native is not undermined by cheap foreign labour.

The PAP internet brigade is going into overdrive.

Spermlord

Alfrescian
Loyal

You are a Bo Nao Lan pa Jiao.....(brainless cock)....

You dun complain doesnt mean everyone else wont.....

kan si lang bo nao....

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are a Bo Nao Lan pa Jiao.....(brainless cock)....

You dun complain doesnt mean everyone else wont.....

kan si lang bo nao....

Good one bro. This Mojito FUCKTARD deserves being scolded in public.

He likes to send vulgar messages disguised as reputation comments. Not only no brains, no cock and no balls also. An PAP IB aqua through and through.

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

So, your work is not worth the few hundred dollars more? If this is what you think, I would rather employ the angmo and pay him more for the work.
You want to know why?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's not delve into mitigating factors such as unfair practices or undue influence for a moment. A contract is a promise. After signing it, I am bound to the terms. If I am paid more for my efforts, that is ex gratia, the way bonuses work. Nobody forced the bus drivers to take on the job as it was obviously an attractive proposition for them vis-a-vis other opportunities in the PRC.

The guiding principle is how much your word is your bond. You have to protect that reputation. Had SMRT not been in the wrong by reneging on their original contract terms, I would say the PRC drivers deserve what they are getting.

We now know (at least I just remembered) that SMRT had renege on terms with all unionized bus drivers, and as I understand it that is primarily because union representatives can make agreements with SMRT management without union member consent or quorum. The renege led to a long drawn faceoff, the result is a two day strike by 184 PRC bus drivers. It should not have been able to change contract terms at whim. In this context I tend to side with the bus drivers on their actions.

So, your work is not worth the few hundred dollars more? If this is what you think, I would rather employ the angmo and pay him more for the work.
You want to know why?

Before the contract is signed one could still argue, but not after the fact. There is always the option of leaving for greener pastures, as I have done several times myself.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are right. It is used in Singapore to keep the people' obedience and make sure they know their place and OB markers.

Outside Singapore,
I have succeed in challenging unfair contractual terms in a law of court.
There are limits, eg unfair financial contracts cannot be challenged.
Just thatyou need a proper court, proper justice system - not the type run in Singapore.

I am not supporting the PRC, they should have formed their own union and negotiate with management for better pay.
But of course, both Singapore and China do not have envious records of managing industrial disputes.

O$P$ contracts I like best.

Last edited: