• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My Predictions

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How I addressed Chee reflects our party's view of the opposition. We openly hold them in contempt, and have treated them as such throughout our entire history. We can be rude to them because we are strong and they are weak. The strong have the right to be rude. And we have won close to a dozen consecutive elections despite behaving so each time.

Thank you for confirming that you are the spokesman for the PAP.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why are you guys so eager to give examples for Chee's theses statements or topic sentences?

How I addressed Chee reflects our party's view of the opposition. We openly hold them in contempt, and have treated them as such throughout our entire history. We can be rude to them because we are strong and they are weak. The strong have the right to be rude. And we have won close to a dozen consecutive elections despite behaving so each time.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
As it now stands, my gut instinct tells me that it shall probably be status quo come Saturday, much as I would like to see a more progressive shift in favour of the Opposition.

Most likely change if any, may be at PP and FS , oh and I don't see PAP gaining back any Opposition seats either.

EC, very tight close fight but PAP to retain because of LHL and Tharman's last minute push, plus KBW's scaremongering.

MP, quite close fight but I sense ESM's goodwill shall probably see PAP through. Also looking at his demeanour and body language at yesterday's press conference, I sense he knows something that we don't perhaps?

HBT , very happy to see Dr Chee's political rehabilitation but sad to say I don't think that and Dr Tambyah are enough to swing an 11% shift this time. Unfortunately I think Dr Chee & co still need to work the local ground abit more. PAP to win by around 55%.

Other quite close fights should probably come from MB and SKW but PAP shall probably win by around 55%+.

Saying that, I very much hope I am proven wrong on Saturday, with the Opposition gaining more seats.

Finally I thank the Opposition for putting up a relatively good performance and fighting the good fight, in particular WP, SDP & SPP. Hope to see the Opposition grow even stronger with humility, empathy, compassion, responsibility , competence , creativity and innovation come the next GE!

Majulah Singapore , Majulah Opposition!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As it now stands, my gut instinct tells me that it shall probably be status quo come Saturday, much as I would like to see a more progressive shift in favour of the Opposition.

Most likely change if any, may be at PP and FS , oh and I don't see PAP gaining back any Opposition seats either.

EC, very tight close fight but PAP to retain because of LHL and Tharman's last minute push, plus KBW's scaremongering.

MP, quite close fight but I sense ESM's goodwill shall probably see PAP through. Also looking at his demeanour and body language at yesterday's press conference, I sense he knows something that we don't perhaps?

HBT , very happy to see Dr Chee's political rehabilitation but sad to say I don't think that and Dr Tambyah are enough to swing an 11% shift this time. Unfortunately I think Dr Chee & co still need to work the local ground abit more. PAP to win by around 55%.

Other quite close fights should probably come from MB and SKW but PAP shall probably win by around 55%+.

Saying that, I very much hope I am proven wrong on Saturday, with the Opposition gaining more seats.

Finally I thank the Opposition for putting up a relatively good performance and fighting the good fight, in particular WP, SDP & SPP. Hope to see the Opposition grow even stronger with humility, empathy, compassion, responsibility , competence , creativity and innovation come the next GE!

Majulah Singapore , Majulah Opposition!

Welcome back! Long time no hear from you.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks mate! Truly hope to be proven wrong come Saturday in favour of the Opposition but the pessimist in me senses LHL & co may have done just enough to maintain the status quo this time.

No, not this time. He cried in 2011 but in this GE 2015, he did not cry... he knows his arse now on fire and crying would not help at all.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
so you had been smoked by LHL wayang... you voting for PAP

LoL, not at all! Just being a pessimistic realist who has been disappointed on many occasions in the past by the centre middle ground average Singapore voter.

Like I said above, I truly hope to be proven wrong come Saturday in favour of the Opposition.

GramStroker

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, not this time. He cried in 2011 but in this GE 2015, he did not cry... he knows his arse now on fire and crying would not help at all.

Hope you are right.

A lot of Cheng San voters lost hope after the 1997 fiasco.

Seeing our beloved home being mutilated and the scums going after JBJ and TLH like a pack of wolves out for blood.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
....Finally I thank the Opposition for putting up a relatively good performance and fighting the good fight, in particular WP, SDP & SPP. Hope to see the Opposition grow even stronger with humility, empathy, compassion, responsibility , competence , creativity and innovation come the next GE!..

Oppo parties wlll only become stronger in next GE if pappies get bashed come Sep 11 through the loss of more seats. It is backward step for oppo parties if pappies able to maintain status quo.

Sinkies now out to screw pappies but there are already po-pappies rumour mongers in full swing trying to scare and intimidate the elderly and uneducated voters.

Who are these rumour mongers? Foreigners serving in the pappies' grass loots.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hope you are right.

A lot of Cheng San voters lost hope after the 1997 fiasco.

Seeing our beloved home being mutilated and the scums going after JBJ and TLH like a pack of wolves out for blood.

Seeing the massive crowd at the rallies of WP and SDP is an indication the change is in the air. Voters today are different from voters in 1997. Now is the age of internet. You need to see CSJ speak on youtube or sgvotes to feel the pulsation of his speech, his political passion and conviction to right the wrongs done in the country.

Those who continue to support the pappies are the cavemen, oblivious to the harm done to the country.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
LoL, not at all! Just being a pessimistic realist who has been disappointed on many occasions in the past by the centre middle ground average Singapore voter...

Be optimistic. There is still hope for the country if more oppo parties get into Parliament. The oppo candidates today are a different breed from those in the years gone by.

That botak Paul standing with CSJ in SDP is an affable bloke, intelligent, a professor and the kind able to kick pappies' arse in Parliament with his argument. CSJ is now back in action. A loss to the country if not elected to Parliament.

In the WP slate, there are many other young credible rookie candidates, better and intelligent than some of those in the pappies, like Simi Lan and Amy Khor.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal

Woody is past his prime liao. Should have retired long ago but old tree can only rot but does not fall immediately. Maybe still got old voters to support him because he is legacy from LKY era but to the young voters, he is an arrogant old fool.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He may be strong but not as strong in 2011. His silence in parliament is shocking and MP voters surely cant be pleased.

WP much stronger than NSP. They had only NS. WP now HTR as the new NS.

WP has HTR, Cheryl Denise Loh, Leon Perara, Daniel Goh, Dylan Ng, in addition to its Aljunied MPs, YYJ, LLL, and Gerald Giam. Easily the best assembled team in opposition history. Tomorrow I will be hoping they get more than 12 MPs into Parliament.

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
i had repeated several times over.... there wouldn't be a 3rd chance... next GE after this.. is 2020...
the 6.9M is not a figure plucked from the air.... true blue sinkies will be minority by then
voters... please think !!!!

LoL, not at all! Just being a pessimistic realist who has been disappointed on many occasions in the past by the centre middle ground average Singapore voter.

Like I said above, I truly hope to be proven wrong come Saturday in favour of the Opposition.

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seeing the massive crowd at the rallies of WP and SDP is an indication the change is in the air. Voters today are different from voters in 1997. Now is the age of internet. You need to see CSJ speak on youtube or sgvotes to feel the pulsation of his speech, his political passion and conviction to right the wrongs done in the country.

Those who continue to support the pappies are the cavemen, oblivious to the harm done to the country.

If you add up all the youtube views for the eight speeches by Dr Chee SJ from 3 Sep to 9 Sep (there was an extra lunch time rally speech on the 7 sep), the video views are in the millions because there are so many multiple copies on the internet.

A friend of mine working in the media industry told me the video views were from many diiferent parts of the world in addition to Singapore. People from as many as sixty different countries in the world have watched his youtube speeches, and they are still watching today after all the rallies are over.

I have no doubt some of his speeches will be in the history books of Singapore in the years to come.

Last edited:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
the ground is really fluid

the outcome we really don't know

at least two thirds of the people I met and spoke to express their desire to vote in an opposition

and if this is translated into real votes on polling day 12 September will be a historic day for Singapore

No. Come polling day they will say haha let the others vote opposition i vote PAP, and we will easily have 89 seats and a dawn of a golden age.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks mate! Truly hope to be proven wrong come Saturday in favour of the Opposition but the pessimist in me senses LHL & co may have done just enough to maintain the status quo this time.

Several of my friends, the educated type, told me a number of their friends who voted opposition in 2011 opined that MIW changed for the better. Hope they arent the majority.