• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

my mum said that older sg men are the cause for singapore economic slump in tech ...

roxygurly

Alfrescian
Loyal
she was often traveling to singapore for business meetings in the 1990s and 2000s and she recalls that many expatriate managers told her that local men just wanted to finish basic tasks and go home. they don't perservere and work extremely hard to bring the company to another level. they don't innovate on existing solutions and are very comfortable with what they acquire from other countries. she even said that the older sg men are so excited to play with technology but never wondered how people created them. in short, sg men are just superficial users of technology and not the creator or designer, whcih is the most important part of a technology company.

as a result when the financial crisis came, western companies decided to shift their technology divisions out of singapore because simply, the older sg men were not intellectually capable or good enough to contribute well to sg company. they were just able to do the basic stuff like controling or other basic technology things which i forgot what she said.

now, singapore today is a manufacturing ground for western companies. they know that the best singaporeans are not in the private sector and will not do any design work or important things unless it is paid by the sg govt. they will only do the easy things in singapore.

hence, the younger sg men should blame the older ones because they are the reson why big western companies feel that local sg men simply cannot do well in technology area! also maybe that's why singaporean has so many immigrants to make up for the uneducated and unmotivated sg men.

i have no idea on most parts. is that true? is that anything that is invented and made in singapore?
do you agree with her?

Last edited:

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: my mum said that older sg men are the cause for singapore economic slump in tech

.... eerrrr .... you are getting like a thorn thorn in the ass already ....:mad:

Like I said, your mum is mad !!!:oIo:

roxygurly

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: my mum said that older sg men are the cause for singapore economic slump in tech

.... eerrrr .... you are getting like a thorn thorn in the ass already ....:mad:

Like I said, your mum is mad !!!:oIo:

i think this statement means that she is speaking the truth.

sorry that the truth hurts. can you contribute to the discussion?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

she was often traveling to singapore for business meetings in the 1990s and 2000s and she recalls that many expatriate managers told her that local men just wanted to finish basic tasks and go home.

Your mum is correct. She's a very observant woman.

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal

Never mind let us bring in the Chinese men here. They can contribute to Singapore.

I am sure your mother will like Chinese men very much :biggrin:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal

Unless you have some evidence, pls do not make statement that it is the truth.

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal

wonder if your mum had bad sessions with sg men ?

kiss

Alfrescian
Loyal

she was often traveling to singapore for business meetings in the 1990s and 2000s and she recalls that many expatriate managers told her that local men just wanted to finish basic tasks and go home. they don't perservere and work extremely hard to bring the company to another level. they don't innovate on existing solutions and are very comfortable with what they acquire from other countries. she even said that the older sg men are so excited to play with technology but never wondered how people created them. in short, sg men are just superficial users of technology and not the creator or designer, whcih is the most important part of a technology company.

as a result when the financial crisis came, western companies decided to shift their technology divisions out of singapore because simply, the older sg men were not intellectually capable or good enough to contribute well to sg company. they were just able to do the basic stuff like controling or other basic technology things which i forgot what she said.

now, singapore today is a manufacturing ground for western companies. they know that the best singaporeans are not in the private sector and will not do any design work or important things unless it is paid by the sg govt. they will only do the easy things in singapore.

hence, the younger sg men should blame the older ones because they are the reson why big western companies feel that local sg men simply cannot do well in technology area! also maybe that's why singaporean has so many immigrants to make up for the uneducated and unmotivated sg men.

i have no idea on most parts. is that true? is that anything that is invented and made in singapore?
do you agree with her?

Roxygurly = LeongSam

LeongSam = Roxygurly

Nice try.... !!!:biggrin::biggrin::eek:

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal

you again!! and your mum!!

well said, however there there proof that you are as idiotic as what your mum project sg men to be..

1. you/ your mum said that sg men likes to play with technology, but never wonder how it was created? then does you or both of your out-of-the-world parents ever wondered how technology was created? and pls, don't do last minute homework by googling some sh*t from wikipedia etc and blabber in here, just to prove that you and your numbskull parents knows about technology when they and you don't even know how sh*t was created.

2. i thought your super brains together with your super genes given by your parents should know something about the financial crisis? financial crisis affects the whole world. i'm no whiz kid on economics, but at least i understand the idea of, in a crisis, when no one buys your good, its best to shut down excess production to limit your locked up capital. oh, i forgot, u and your mum never experienced financial crisis, cos your family has nothing to lose in the first place except tonnes of fats from your everyday beer drinking sessions.

3. MNCs operating in sg often have people from their own countries manning high positions. does that mean they are as incompetent as what your schizophrenia mum perceived sg man to be?

4. you mentioned that sg men just wants to finish basis task and go home.. hmm, whats wrong with that? oh does that means while your mum is dealing business here in singapore, after finishing all the basic tasks to the business, she provides special tasks after work hours..? well, well, no wonder, you have the thinking of a 'citizen of the world'.. cos ur mum has been providing 'special' tasks to those expatriate managers late, late into the night.. and all of their raw material ( from korea, america, brazil, indonesia, etc etc), together with the egg provided by your mum, churns out you. well, studies shows that by mixing the genes pool, the offspring will be much healthier, and brighter. good, at least we know where you come from and the reason why you just don't die off drom this forum..:biggrin:

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal

you again!! and your mum!!.................

... cos ur mum has been providing 'special' tasks to those expatriate managers late, late into the night.. and all of their raw material ( from korea, america, brazil, indonesia, etc etc), together with the egg provided by your mum, churns out you. well, studies shows that by mixing the genes pool, the offspring will be much healthier, and brighter. good, at least we know where you come from and the reason why you just don't die off drom this forum..:biggrin:

bro, your analysis is great.

loudhailer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Your mu8m is wrong. It is not only the older men. Even some of those in their 30s are suffering from this lame syndrome and wonder why their employers prefer FTs from third world countries.

Only one thing though. The population in your country is even worse. They are even lazier and nowhere smarter.

loudhailer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Stop behaving like a sore loser and face facts. No wonder we need so many FTs here with people like you around.

well said, however there there proof that you are as idiotic as what your mum project sg men to be..

1. you/ your mum said that sg men likes to play with technology, but never wonder how it was created? then does you or both of your out-of-the-world parents ever wondered how technology was created? and pls, don't do last minute homework by googling some sh*t from wikipedia etc and blabber in here, just to prove that you and your numbskull parents knows about technology when they and you don't even know how sh*t was created.

2. i thought your super brains together with your super genes given by your parents should know something about the financial crisis? financial crisis affects the whole world. i'm no whiz kid on economics, but at least i understand the idea of, in a crisis, when no one buys your good, its best to shut down excess production to limit your locked up capital. oh, i forgot, u and your mum never experienced financial crisis, cos your family has nothing to lose in the first place except tonnes of fats from your everyday beer drinking sessions.

3. MNCs operating in sg often have people from their own countries manning high positions. does that mean they are as incompetent as what your schizophrenia mum perceived sg man to be?

4. you mentioned that sg men just wants to finish basis task and go home.. hmm, whats wrong with that? oh does that means while your mum is dealing business here in singapore, after finishing all the basic tasks to the business, she provides special tasks after work hours..? well, well, no wonder, you have the thinking of a 'citizen of the world'.. cos ur mum has been providing 'special' tasks to those expatriate managers late, late into the night.. and all of their raw material ( from korea, america, brazil, indonesia, etc etc), together with the egg provided by your mum, churns out you. well, studies shows that by mixing the genes pool, the offspring will be much healthier, and brighter. good, at least we know where you come from and the reason why you just don't die off drom this forum..:biggrin:

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal

Stop behaving like a sore loser and face facts. No wonder we need so many FTs here with people like you around.

obviously you did not read what this thread is all about....

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal

The top is just emotional part .

You do not know the other half the shit .

Back then and it's always been .
Private sector will have to take the course with the least resistance to remain viable .
Plus people consider for the time and effort put in not worth the end result .

Sometimes companies lack the firepower to take on bigger roles .
It's always a business strategy to either move forward or stay put within means .

Sometimes moving too fast forward is not a good thing either .
Just because one is big enough to afford it . (Explain later )

Private sectors are more shrewd in a sense supported
the process make the money and exit .

If you can employ 20 people make 1 million at the end of the year
Or lets say you employ 60 people and yet to see 20 million
at the end of 4-5 years .
Which is better ?

In the public eyes .
GLCs appears to just have more money to roll big projects and tenders .
It just appear more visible to the general public .

Some of the " leading edge " private companies have been moving so fast .
That some are finding hard to track .

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal

LoL younger men blaming the ones before !
I think new generations pales to the ones before .
It is always been and will be .

And those ungrateful children who manage to do better than your old father .
You have your parents to thank for giving you that opportunity .

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's just too much politics there . 80 percent politics 20 percent work .

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal

I fully support what you had commented :smile: