• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

my housemate said this to me during dinner just now...

meaninglesslife

Stupidman
Loyal

Ego is a necessary drive for success

she said i must be more egoistic in order to have more self confidence then i would develop more drive to succeed in work and life.

i said to her...i am who i m. why must change here and there. end of the day also will die.

then she said only successful people will leave legacy and people will remember.

i said me no need leave legacy. legacy is for howlian people and it's all fake and man made by porlumpars.

she gave up talking to me. she finished her meal and said tonight she's not washing the dishes. knn. her job to wash don't do and then tell me cock and bull story about ego and legacy....knn

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
You die liao ! She wants you to improve yourself so that you can marry her, and she can have face in front of her relatives.

If a woman wants to cohabit, she has no material expectations of the dao tao because he will not be introduced to her friends and relatives. But if she wants to marry, then she expects the man to bring glory to her in front of all her friends and relatives.

You die liao. 天下没有白吃的午餐 and abalone.

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is gonna be another TLDR post ( Too long did'nt read). If threadstarter feels such, it is ok with the insignificant nobody me, as there will be other readers & hope that my post my help others. It is about the Singapore Dream...

I was scouting for industrial properties to purchase when I came across this real estate agent - Tom. He was professional & dedicated, & showed me several properties. Over time, we got to know each other well, often during meals or drinks at Industrial estates either before after viewing properties.

I commented that he must be a successful estate agent, as he owns a Saab Turbo... & his reply led to his revelation of his true self....Here was his account....

"Sir, I am only a humble citizen, from humble beginnings. I lived in a small 3 room HDB flat with my parents which is a family of five. My dad is an odd job laborer & my mum a stay home wife. We had little, but lots of love & sacrifices made by my parents to give us every opportunity in life here in Singapore, with the little that they had, - shelter, food, education & love, & never neglected us in any way...."

"Perhaps my intellectual capacity is limited, as I & my siblings never made it to Uni, but it did not stop us from achieving our dreams & aspirations in life. All my life all I ever wanted was to own a continental car. It was my dream. Being a real estate agent is not easy as the competition is stiff, but I learnt from my mistakes to progress & eventually had enough earnings & savings to realize my dream to place a 30% deposit for a loan to hire purchase my dream car..."

"Make no mistakes, it was not easy...just as real estate job is not easy, with ups & downs. It is stressful & at times disheartening, filled with worries about the next day, but each time I look at my car, it is an inspiration for me to work hard & harder & smarter, to understand my clients needs to help them achieve their wants, so that I would not miss my bills & payments or see my car towed away in the night to return to my finance company..."

"The car is a symbol of my pride & achievement. But I am pragmatic enough & will not hesitate to sell it off if I have to choose my family first if they have a financial need, between them or the car, & will never be afraid to REBUILD my dreams again, as I had proven to myself that I can achieve my dreams, even with the little that I have but with HUGE drive & ambitions to achieve my dreams..."

I was left impressed...

The point is - Each Singaporean has a dream & it varies among individuals. Some dream of being a millionaire, some dream of being famous celebrity, some dream of being the best chef, etc, etc. NO Singaporean dream is the same....

Ultimately, many only DAYDREAM, complain when their dreams do not materialize, but DO NOT REALIZE that it takes hardwork, dedication, perseverance, intelligence & MORE, to turn dreams into a reality.....

Life is short & we all return to dust one day. It is eventually up to us, without hurting or harming innocent others, to make our dreams real, live this life we desire for, & be an inspiration to others whom are struggling....