• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My American friend just told me

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
He had 53 full time staff.
He decided to let go 5 after the presidential election result was out. Its done.
He also let 8 part time staff know they will get a max of 20 hours per week.

Those 5 can now drive freely around with their obama bumper stickers after their two week notice.

Truth is, millions more will be unemployed after Christmas cos they asked for it.

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He decided to let go 5 after the presidential election result was out. Its done.

Those 5 can now drive freely around with their obama bumper stickers after their two week notice.

Truth is, millions more will be unemployed after Christmas cos they asked for it.

What about you? When is your turn?

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CEO hasn't fired anyone since Obama won

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/david-siegel-hasn-t-fired-anyone-yet.html

David Siegel warned he might have to lay employees off, but he's decided to reward them instead
Are you going to lay off employees as you suggested in your memo?

I don’t know. I’m going to work my hardest to keep the company going and expand the best I can. We’ll see what happens. Meanwhile I gave everybody in the company a raise this week—the average was 5 percent. I wanted to help them handle the additional burdens the government will put on them.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats just political correct tough talk from Siegel. There are lots of people like that in the US.
You don't even know if he gave anyone if all a raise and if you track him till next year, there will be lay offs in his company for sure. The same thing will happen all over US as business owners know whats coming already.
All this will spillover into Singapore as US consumption goes down. Do expect a downturn in Singapore next year. You might even lose you job.

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thats just political correct tough talk from Siegel. There are lots of people like that in the US.
You don't even know if he gave anyone if all a raise and if you track him till next year, there will be lay offs in his company for sure. The same thing will happen all over US as business owners know whats coming already.
All this will spillover into Singapore as US consumption goes down. Do expect a downturn in Singapore next year. You might even lose you job.

I am happily retire for the last 10 plus years, no more rat race....now if i am doing biz i will want to get into the building and construction biz where the money is, it doesn't matter who is in chagre pple have need of roof over their heads.....:biggrin:

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I am the boss. Business doing well and growing.
Mark my words, millions more will be unemployed after Christmas cos they asked for it.

You should be careful.. After Christmas, your business may go bust too..

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal

Americans are now all f*cked to death. They just don't know it yet. Something like the Greeks did not know it yet, 5 years ago, that they Greeks were all f*cked.

I just feel sorry for the 48.5% of the electorate who voted correctly. Who voted for Romney.

Reminds me of the bumper sticker some Americans stuck on their car after the Watergate scandal and subsequent Nixon impeachment: "Don't Blame me, I am from New Hampshire." It seems, New Hampshire was one of the very few states that voted overwhelmingly against Nixon during his re-election campaign.

contangee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys, I am reporting from Texas, USA, people here in Texas hates Obama. Working for a bank covering the oil and gas industry and the banking and energy industries hate Obama too. Lots of talk about Obama taxing the oil and gas companies but so far no one is laying off any one here yet. We'll see in a few months but to be honest, signs of recovery are everywhere here. Long lines for fine restaurants, new Ipad,..etc. Property prices have also been going up. Many people here also taking expensive vacation trips. Also, keep in mind that the Obama tax plan only increase tax for couples making more than $250k and corporate top income tax rate is reduced by 7%.

By the way OP, why is your friend laying off workers right after the election, especially the part time one ?

ionzu

Alfrescian
Loyal

take ur right wing bs and shove it. america has spoken. the world has no place for republican sympathizers like you. people like you think putting a corporate raider into the top leadership position is a good thing.

c u at 2016.

ionzu

Alfrescian
Loyal

excellent news! nothing like a depressed economy to get the people thinking about political change.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Also, keep in mind that the Obama tax plan only increase tax for couples making more than $250k and corporate top income tax rate is reduced by 7%.

the (additional) increase in income tax for households making more then usd250k is applicable only to income over the usd250k threshold. this means i'm still taxed at the previous (lower) rate for income up to usd250k, and at the new higher rate for income over usd250k. that fact has been missed by many of my buddies who don't fully understand the u.s. tax code. but again, not all including the best accountants fully understand the u.s. tax code. it's convoluted, complicated, complex and constantly undergoing change.

Last edited:

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
the (additional) increase in income tax for households making more then usd250k is applicable only to income over the usd250k threshold. this means i'm still taxed at the previous (lower) rate for income up to usd250k, and at the new higher rate for income over usd250k. that fact has been missed by many of my buddies who don't fully understand the u.s. tax code. but again, not all including the best accountants fully understand the u.s. tax code. it's convoluted, complicated, complex and constantly undergoing change.

So should they change to the Sinkie tax style where your Master tax the middle income heavily and has close to zip in welfare? LOL

contangee

Alfrescian
Loyal
So should they change to the Sinkie tax style where your Master tax the middle income heavily and has close to zip in welfare? LOL

Don't make me laugh, you think the middle income in Singapore are taxed heavily? This is nothing compared to the US, or worst, Europe. As for welfare, I would rather have close to zip - too much welfare makes people lazy.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Americans are now all f*cked to death. They just don't know it yet. Something like the Greeks did not know it yet, 5 years ago, that they Greeks were all f*cked.

I just feel sorry for the 48.5% of the electorate who voted correctly. Who voted for Romney.

Reminds me of the bumper sticker some Americans stuck on their car after the Watergate scandal and subsequent Nixon impeachment: "Don't Blame me, I am from New Hampshire." It seems, New Hampshire was one of the very few states that voted overwhelmingly against Nixon during his re-election campaign.

The same,pattern as Greece is happening to USA. No doubt about it bro. It's so east to screw up a nation really but so hard to buikd