• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My 14 year old son got this 'bookmark' from mindef in his new passport

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]MY 14 YEAR OLD SON GOT THIS 'BOOKMARK' FROM MINDEF IN HIS NEW PASSPORT[/h]
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
10 Jun 2014 - 3:48pm

<ins style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

Dear The Real Singapore,

I am a Singaporean living overseas in the US. Both me and my wife are Singapore citizens and naturally my 14 year old son is also a Singapore citizen despite being born in Washington and grew up there all his life.

Recently, we went back to Singapore to renew our passport and I am shocked that this Bookmark was included in his new passport. Is this a threat by MINDEF that my son will be arrested if he did not inform MINDEF that he is living in the United States every 3 months?

Do you know how inconvinent is it for him schooling and have to constantly be reminded to serve his NS every 3 months until he turns to the age of 18?

I would want him to keep his Singapore citizenship and would make him go back SG to serve NS when he is 18 but this 'Bookmark' by MINDEF is really too much.

I feel like MINDEF is just trying to stir more trouble with us overseas Singaporeans. My son being only 14 year old should not be responsible for all these rubbish.
What do you think?

Overseas Singaporean

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:

<ins style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

Dear The Real Singapore,

I am a Singaporean living overseas in the US. Both me and my wife are Singapore citizens and naturally my 14 year old son is also a Singapore citizen despite being born in Washington and grew up there all his life.

Recently, we went back to Singapore to renew our passport and I am shocked that this Bookmark was included in his new passport. Is this a threat by MINDEF that my son will be arrested if he did not inform MINDEF that he is living in the United States every 3 months?

Do you know how inconvinent is it for him schooling and have to constantly be reminded to serve his NS every 3 months until he turns to the age of 18?

I would want him to keep his Singapore citizenship and would make him go back SG to serve NS when he is 18 but this 'Bookmark' by MINDEF is really too much.

I feel like MINDEF is just trying to stir more trouble with us overseas Singaporeans. My son being only 14 year old should not be responsible for all these rubbish.
What do you think?

Overseas Singaporean

Kee Chiu says--don't complain!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The guy obviously did not know what the 3 months thingy refers to?

Dear The Real Singapore,

What do you think?

Overseas Singaporean

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
well he better think about it properly?is it still worth fighting for and sacrificing for this country?

at this point no one will say he is a coward if he packs his bags and run......let the rest of us condemned souls carry the burden of PAP's sins.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
too late. he registered his son as a sg citizen and renewed his passport. and now he's complaining?

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dear The Real Singapore,

What do you think?

Overseas Singaporean

Uncle Lee wants you .

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Stupid govt way of doing things.

This is what happens when you have the environment of doing things by the book and by the rule..there is no freedom of delegation of work for creativity in solving problems..

just follow the fucking book and create in convenience for others.. i wonder those working there are humans or robots. That is so 3rd world way of doing things..

This is not serving the people. It is called " do what we say and don't give us problems". Pathetic..totally sinkiely pathetic.

i wonder suggest that the child to get a US citizenship, it is more worthy place to have a life anyway.

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Defend who?

The millionaire Ministers? The Foreign Talents who had overtaken our county?

Tell me.... who are we defending?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
stupid sinkies,wtf would u force ur son to go back to sg and serve ns just to keep sg citizenship if u planning to keep him in US for the rest of his life?dont they know sg citizenship is worthless?

not to mention after he finish serving 2 years ns does it end there?doesnt he have to serve ict?

GoldenPeriod

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's just a reminder, I have seen many of these bookmarks around. I think they just give it out to eveyrone who renews at that age.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
looks like this fella is worst than sinkie behavior after living in US for a while. He already have in mind to send his son back for slavery, yet a paper bookmark can threat him, simi lj !

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
8055485338_95a5bacd63_z.jpg

Eh your son must come home to serve or I will fine you!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
looks like this fella is worst than sinkie behavior after living in US for a while. He already have in mind to send his son back for slavery, yet a paper bookmark can threat him, simi lj !

After living in the States for some many years, he still have no testicles to show his finger to the PxP....no balls SINgaporeans...deserve to be slaves for life...:mad:

KNNBGCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Son born in US can claim birth rights as US citizenship and he took up the Sinking citizenship :o

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Want to be sinkie yet want to complain not that he has no choice.

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
He had a choice, and he signed his son up for National Slavery. So why complain, when he sold out his son like how the PAP sold us out.