• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Muslim teen allegedly beat, choked by own 'peaceful' mother for not wearing hijab in social media post

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.click2houston.com/news/...r-for-not-wearing-hijab-in-social-media-post/

A Kingwood mother is facing felony charges after allegedly beating, choking, and burning her teenage daughter for being upset with her for not wearing her hijab and overcooking pita bread, according to Harris County prosecutors.

36-year-old Sittarh Mazhar Khan was arrested at 12:45 a.m. Wednesday, according to court records. She is accused of assaulting a family member and impeding breath/circulation, as well as injury to a child causing bodily injury.

Khan allegedly got upset with her 14-year-old daughter for not wearing her hijab, a garment worn by some Muslim women to cover their hair.

“The defendant, upset the complainant did not wear her hijab at school, beat and choked the complainant, causing her to lose consciousness,” the hearing officer said during Khan’s probable cause hearing on Wednesday afternoon.

A source close to the investigation told KPRC 2 Khan discovered the head covering was missing in an Instagram post of her daughter.

The injury to a child charge stems from an incident over pita bread, after Khan allegedly got upset about it being overcooked and “forced the complainant’s arm onto a hot oven rack, causing her to have three burn marks,” the hearing officer said.

It’s not clear if both incidents happened at the same time, or how they were reported to law enforcement.

Prosecutors asked for a $75,000 total bond but a hearing officer set bond at $20,000 for both charges. Khan is due in court Thursday morning.

The hearing officer said the 14-year-old victim is in Child Protective Services custody.

Khan’s hired defense attorney has not yet responded to KPRC 2′s request for comment.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Current Muslim beliefs are based on exterior perception. Not so much about righteousness and good deeds anymore.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do the overzealous Muslims actually believe that murdering their loved ones would please their God in the name of "honour killings"?
after speaking to quite a few of them, the truth is they simply don't think. Just literally not thinking, no logic, no consequences.

The whole religion is based around believing and the dispensers of those beliefs come down to only 2 sources.

The book itself is filled with contradictions and is thus impossible to act upon UNLESS you start piecemealing it. Which is when you typically encounter the 2nd source which is the priest whose job is to interpret the book for you by selectively choosing passages to expound and push Islamic teachings. His version of it. The problem comes from when a good number of these priests being absolutely fucking useless human beings take the worst passages and push them onto their followers. Which is what happens when you get those violent zealots. Make no mistake, both the Bible and Koran which are derived from the Torah all share this craziness. Which is why you have things like the Crusades, the Dark Ages, the creation of Israel and lately the Invasion of Iraq.

This is a side story, but I was once watching an argument unfold between two pious Arab Muslims about whether hadiths are to be followed or not. Strangely enough, the one who was pro-following indirectly threatened the other guy with death for apostasy. The other guy just walked away.

So clearly, the quality of the Muslim then tends to be a result of quality of the priest and the quality of his own family upbringing. Unfortunately, there are parts of the world, where all the people are nasty creatures which is where Islam tended to migrate to.

As to why they believe in the 1st place? I actually struggle with this question because it seems so counter-logical. So I always ask, but answers typically revolve around fear of death and fear of being excluded from heaven in the afterlife. Also, fear of being ostracized from society and being an outcast or excluded from social bonds. So in some ways, they are promised a lot of rewards in this life and the next all in exchange for suspending their thinking and logic. All they need to do is be obedient listeners or readers and join the club. Then all those rewards and more are theirs. Small price to exchange I suppose.

Please note well that in all of this, god has nothing to do with it. It is always selfish reasons. The extremist Muslim or Jew or Christian is doing it for his own reasons alone. His rewards for following. The 72 virgins, the afterlife, god's eternal blessings. All of it for selfish reasons. No one cares to ask what does god really want or what really pleases god. Not a single one has been able to answer me nor have they ever thought to ask that question as you just did. They just want the rewards easily packaged for them to "buy" with their obedience. And lowlife priests take advantage of that as they do in any religion.

Also, I noticed that usually unhappy and suppressed people with no direction tend to follow to because it gives them life purpose. And once in the fold, it's difficult to leave.

Last edited:

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
after speaking to quite a few of the, the truth is they simply don't think. Just literally not thinking, no logic, no consequences.
The whole religion is based around believing and the dispensers of those beliefs come down to only 2 sources.
Please note well that in all of this, god has nothing to do with it. It is always selfish reasons. The extremist Muslim or Jew or Christian is doing it for his own reasons alone. His rewards for following. The 72 virgins, the afterlife, god's eternal blessings. All of it for selfish reasons. No one cares to ask what does god really want or what really pleases god. Not a single one has been able to answer me nor have they ever thought to ask that question as you just did. They just want the rewards easily packaged for them to "buy" with their obedience. And lowlife priests take advantage of that as they do in any religion.
Also, I noticed that usually unhappy and suppressed people with no direction tend to follow to because it gives them life purpose. And once in the fold, it's difficult to leave.
Extremist or misguided followers do whatever their religious authority or holy book "instructs" them to do to get them to where they want to be i.e. heaven, eternal life, endless pleasure, absence of pain etc. Killing others to get there doesn't seem wrong or an obstacle to them achieving their goals.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.click2houston.com/news/...r-for-not-wearing-hijab-in-social-media-post/

A Kingwood mother is facing felony charges after allegedly beating, choking, and burning her teenage daughter for being upset with her for not wearing her hijab and overcooking pita bread, according to Harris County prosecutors.

36-year-old Sittarh Mazhar Khan was arrested at 12:45 a.m. Wednesday, according to court records. She is accused of assaulting a family member and impeding breath/circulation, as well as injury to a child causing bodily injury.

Khan allegedly got upset with her 14-year-old daughter for not wearing her hijab, a garment worn by some Muslim women to cover their hair.

“The defendant, upset the complainant did not wear her hijab at school, beat and choked the complainant, causing her to lose consciousness,” the hearing officer said during Khan’s probable cause hearing on Wednesday afternoon.

A source close to the investigation told KPRC 2 Khan discovered the head covering was missing in an Instagram post of her daughter.

The injury to a child charge stems from an incident over pita bread, after Khan allegedly got upset about it being overcooked and “forced the complainant’s arm onto a hot oven rack, causing her to have three burn marks,” the hearing officer said.

It’s not clear if both incidents happened at the same time, or how they were reported to law enforcement.

Prosecutors asked for a $75,000 total bond but a hearing officer set bond at $20,000 for both charges. Khan is due in court Thursday morning.

The hearing officer said the 14-year-old victim is in Child Protective Services custody.

Khan’s hired defense attorney has not yet responded to KPRC 2′s request for comment.
Her mummy does it for her own goof...else some religion Mata will beat her up until up lorry de woh

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Extremist or misguided followers do whatever their religious authority or holy book "instructs" them to do to get them to where they want to be i.e. heaven, eternal life, endless pleasure, absence of pain etc. Killing others to get there doesn't seem wrong or an obstacle to them achieving their goals.
you seem to have a gift for summary. :thumbsup:

but yes, not one of the Muslims I've asked has yet pondered whether Allah really wants them to do what their religion asks them to do.

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
you seem to have a gift for summary.
but yes, not one of the Muslims I've asked has yet pondered whether Allah really wants them to do what their religion asks them to do.
I find the Christian faith simple and straightforward, but not easy to achieve (nothing worth doing is going to be easy).
In any given situation, just ask ourselves: "What would Jesus do?"
That would be what we are expected to do.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
In fact, they more they kill, the more huat big big for them in heaven de, ish really very very funny logic, right Cik Syed?

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find the Christian faith simple and straightforward, but not easy to achieve (nothing worth doing is going to be easy).
In any given situation, just ask ourselves: "What would Jesus do?"
That would be what we are expected to do.
That's very interesting. Yes Jesus was quite a good role model.

So by deduction, you would be Christian?

Would you mind sharing with me why you joined that religion? I ask because I don't always understand.

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's what happens when people follow blindly without using their brains. They become robotic, not able to discern right from wrong.

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's very interesting. Yes Jesus was quite a good role model.
So by deduction, you would be Christian?
Would you mind sharing with me why you joined that religion? I ask because I don't always understand.
There was no one event that caused me to convert to Christianity from Buddhism. It is a culmination of answered prayers regarding my exams, securing a job, advancement in my career, meeting my wife, having healthy and successful children, the miracle of healing from a serious illness, peace of mind and the conviction that Jesus is indeed real. I must say that my religious experience is so different from my days as a Buddhist. I actually feel a personal relationship with Jesus. I cannot do justice to my whole transformational experience in words here.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
after speaking to quite a few of them, the truth is they simply don't think. Just literally not thinking, no logic, no consequences.

The book itself is filled with contradictions and is thus impossible to act upon UNLESS you start piecemealing it. Which is when you typically encounter the 2nd source which is the priest whose job is to interpret the book for you by selectively choosing passages to expound and push Islamic teachings. His version of it. The problem comes from when a good number of these priests being absolutely fucking useless human beings take the worst passages and push them onto their followers. Which is what happens when you get those violent zealots. Make no mistake, both the Bible and Koran which are derived from the Torah all share this craziness. Which is why you have things like the Crusades, the Dark Ages, the creation of Israel and lately the Invasion of Iraq.

This is a side story, but I was once watching an argument unfold between two pious Arab Muslims about whether hadiths are to be followed or not. Strangely enough, the one who was pro-following indirectly threatened the other guy with death for apostasy. The other guy just walked away.

So clearly, the quality of the Muslim then tends to be a result of quality of the priest and the quality of his own family upbringing. Unfortunately, there are parts of the world, where all the people are nasty creatures which is where Islam tended to migrate to.

As to why they believe in the 1st place? I actually struggle with this question because it seems so counter-logical. So I always ask, but answers typically revolve around fear of death and fear of being excluded from heaven in the afterlife. Also, fear of being ostracized from society and being an outcast or excluded from social bonds. So in some ways, they are promised a lot of rewards in this life and the next all in exchange for suspending their thinking and logic. All they need to do is be obedient listeners or readers and join the club. Then all those rewards and more are theirs. Small price to exchange I suppose.

Are you a evangelical?