• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Murali only visited 17% of BB households

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard this from a PAP cadre who was close to the Bukit Batok By election campaign. My first question is how come the press never stated this as it is quite a revelation. He also does not know if the press was briefed separately. He said they were given a list of households to visit but no explanation was given how they were chosen. He also said that this campaign was very different and those on the ground did not have much of a say or was not even sure who was running it. Another mystery is why only half the rallies compared to SDP.

People are aware that the West has traditionally been a PAP stronghold and complacency may have set in but this PAP campaign seems odd. This guy says some of his colleagues felt that Murali was allowed to map out his own strategy because of his near success in Paya Lebar and supported by Tharman. His other colleagues felt that the grassroots in Bukit Batok have been working the ground for over 20 years and well known to the residents.

Looks like we are not the only ones puzzled.

CABcommander

Alfrescian
Loyal
So?

PAP can put up a fictional paper cutout as a candidate without doing any campaigning or rally and they will still win this BE with plenty to spare. Singaporeans are hopeless.

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard this from a PAP cadre who was close to the Bukit Batok By election campaign. My first question is how come the press never stated this as it is quite a revelation. He also does not know if the press was briefed separately. He said they were given a list of households to visit but no explanation was given how they were chosen. He also said that this campaign was very different and those on the ground did not have much of a say or was not even sure who was running it. Another mystery is why only half the rallies compared to SDP.

People are aware that the West has traditionally been a PAP stronghold and complacency may have set in but this PAP campaign seems odd. This guy says some of his colleagues felt that Murali was allowed to map out his own strategy because of his near success in Paya Lebar and supported by Tharman. His other colleagues felt that the grassroots in Bukit Batok have been working the ground for over 20 years and well known to the residents.

The problems here is we have 70% greedy, selfish and kiasi voters and only think for today their HDB upgrading and convenience of town council services.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am actually shocked. The voters must be silly to vote for someone who can't be bothered to campaign. Or am I missing something here?

So?

PAP can put up a fictional paper cutout as a candidate without doing any campaigning or rally and they will still win this BE with plenty to spare. Singaporeans are hopeless.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am actually shocked. The voters must be silly to vote for someone who can't be bothered to campaign. Or am I missing something here?

Dr Chee as an opposition? Surely, many voters noe his past history and took it seriously. All his talk is only words, which even you can craft during election.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those 17% made it possible to get those picture perfect moments for Mr Murali. Nobody want to be reminded of rat hills and dirty bbq pits. Everyone is happy and doing well in sg.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those 17% made it possible to get those picture perfect moments for Mr Murali. Nobody want to be reminded of rat hills and dirty bbq pits. Everyone is happy and doing well in sg.

Majority of Sinkies hve tis love/hate relationship with PAP, at present there are no worthy Opposition to really test Sinkies loyalty to PAP.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I discounted his past history and to some extent his campaign missteps. Maybe the PAP knows something we don't.

Dr Chee as an opposition? Surely, many voters noe his past history and took it seriously. All his talk is only words, which even you can craft during election.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I discounted his past history and to some extent his campaign missteps. Maybe the PAP knows something we don't.

the pap knows everything about the opposition. 'secret squirrel' exists all over these entities. and taxpayers pay for this. amazing!

RandomNexus

Alfrescian
Loyal
the pap knows everything about the opposition. 'secret squirrel' exists all over these entities. and taxpayers pay for this. amazing!

Taxpayers are not stupid afterall my goodness. The thinking - Better a country run by folks who know everything and tackle every impending issue than a bunch of folks good only for talk. Singaporeans are smarter than Americans who are now going for this great talker Trump. :biggrin::cool::biggrin:

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats the first thing that came to mind. It reminded me of Teo Chee Hean and WP. They must have known what SDP was going do all the while. I also suspect that they were using by the By-elections as an experiment on their projections and some hypothesis. I am not even sure if Murali even knows why he was held back. I can imagine a serious candidate not even trying. The press claims that he was missing seems no longer trivial.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thats the first thing that came to mind. It reminded me of Teo Chee Hean and WP. They must have known what SDP was going do all the while. I also suspect that they were using by the By-elections as an experiment on their projections and some hypothesis. I am not even sure if Murali even knows why he was held back. I can imagine a serious candidate not even trying. The press claims that he was missing seems no longer trivial.

murali will never know the reason(s). he is too junior. some ministers may not even know. your suspicion may be spot on.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am aware of the way Singaporeans thinks hence my guess on Murali winning % but I am more intrigued by what PAP are actually doing. Even before the results I was told that the campaign seemed to be handled differently from the past and there seems to 2 areas within PAP.

I was digging up old news on the by elections because of this and there was one claim by the PAP that he was going quality and quantity and thus he is not prominent on the visits to residents. How the hell does he or the PAP know that these 17% are the ones to be convinced.

Taxpayers are not stupid afterall my goodness. The thinking - Better a country run by folks who know everything and tackle every impending issues than a bunch of folks good only for talk. Singaporeans are smarter than Americans who are now going for this great talker Trump. :biggrin::cool::biggrin:

RandomNexus

Alfrescian
Loyal

PAP are a well-oiled machinery, very aware and very shrewd. It is difficult to beat them with their tentacles everywhere. When they talked less during the last BB by-election especially in the last day or two, you know they are already very confident. True enough.

That is the same thing I said for the last year's elections when all the WP, opposition folks and this forum are screaming for further gains from 2011, and the way PAP is quietly handling it on the last 1-2 days tell you they know something. True enough.

Marjojohn our beloved pollster here clearly knows something - he is just speaking out the brains of the SBF folks here. :wink:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You would know this better than anyone. I remember your post about C. Neo. I know that they have an absolutely detailed profile of Chee and his make-up. Old Man did this and I also sure he pulled in his trusted psychologist Fred. I suppose the missing pieces are the silent advisors behind him and they might have worked it out.

murali will never know the reason(s). he is too junior. some ministers may not even know. your suspicion may be spot on.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You would know this better than anyone. I remember your post about C. Neo. I know that they have an absolutely detailed profile of Chee and his make-up. Old Man did this and I also sure he pulled in his trusted psychologist Fred. I suppose the missing pieces are the silent advisors behind him and they might have worked it out.

absolutely. no profile on chee needed. he is a robot.

kukubird59

Alfrescian
Loyal

hahaha....truly an empty vessel good for gossiping....
so u heard from a PAP cadre and u announced it like gospel truth......and blah, blah, blah just for the sake of blah, blah, blah.........
truly retarded...

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hahaha....truly an empty vessel good for gossiping....
so u heard from a PAP cadre and u announced it like gospel truth......and blah, blah, blah just for the sake of blah, blah, blah.........
truly retarded...

is that the best you can come out with that kuku brain of yours?