• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

"Mum and kid so desperate for seats!"

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=510 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>What Bugs Me
Posted on 06 Aug, 2008 10:27
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>"Mum and kid so desperate for seats!"

STOMPer Goh sent in this contribution of a mother and son he encountered on the train yesterday (Aug 5) on board the train. He alleges that the mother was sarcastic and inconsiderate.

Recounted the STOMPer:"My girlfriend and I were sitting at the one of the corners of the train when we boarded at 9.50pm.

"This mother and son came in later and stood in front of us as the kid was trying to look out of the window.

"At first, they were talking about what's going on outside but after a while; I believe the mum grew tired of carrying the kid.

"She started to shift the kid's weight from her left to right and back again, causing the son's shoe to brush against the both of us.

"Furthermore, she started being sarcastic, telling her son that next time when he grows up, "to remember to give seats to other people."

"After hearing that, my girlfriend and I stood up and immediately and she rushed for the seats.

"From what I can see, it's not as if the two of them were too fragile to stand and the train wasn't even crowded!"

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

SammyHulk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well from another perspective, the title can be 'inconsiderate couple not giving up seats to mum and kid' :p

1sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the mom wanted the seat all she has to do is ask. Her sarcastic remarks are uncalled for. However in our public transport where the providers are trying to reduce to number of trains and try to maximised the usage of the trains so as to enhance the profit margin don't expect to get seats. If you really need to sit down when travelling GET A TAXI. I hate it when people think that they are more special than others and should get extra attention.

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the mom wanted the seat all she has to do is ask. Her sarcastic remarks are uncalled for. However in our public transport where the providers are trying to reduce to number of trains and try to maximised the usage of the trains so as to enhance the profit margin don't expect to get seats. If you really need to sit down when travelling GET A TAXI. I hate it when people think that they are more special than others and should get extra attention.

Well said. :smile:

ccl69

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well...i think the mother did something wrong by being sarcastic..but being a parent myself i pity her having to carry her child onboard a train.:(

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, she seems to be carrying alot of stuff. STOMPID and his gf should have given up their seats in the first place. And SMRT should stop cutting down on trains trips.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
a's attitude: u gt no mouth 2 ask meh? ... if u want my seats, juz open ur blahdy mouth n ask la ... :rolleyes:

b's attitude: walao eh ... dun even noe how 2 auto n fo ... me hv 2 ask u den oni u can gif meh? ... :rolleyes:

y dint dey stare @ each other? ... :confused: :biggrin:

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
If I were the guy sitting down, I would have said loudly and sarcastically that people who can't carry their kids in public should either teach their kids to stand on their own or not have kids.

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I were the guy sitting down, I would have said loudly and sarcastically that people who can't carry their kids in public should either teach their kids to stand on their own or not have kids.

Frankly, seeing the loads of stuff the woman was carrying, the couple should have been more "automatic". Her sarcasm was probably out of frustration.

Temujin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whatever it is just, stand up first before people pass sarcastic remarks .... why cant you just give up your seat first. Then people make remarks then you pasieh give up , thats even worse. I find even the PRC much better than us in his aspect, they will immediately stand up for youngs and for the elderly .... and to think some SG peeps can say PRCs no standard.

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, the couple should give up their seats without asking. However, the mother should not have put on a wayang in front of them and on failing to get any response, pass a sarcastic remark.

From the photo, it looks like the mother never teaches her kid any manners by allowing her kid to put his/her feet on the seat.

This mother must be one of those who knows how to take but conveniently neglects to give.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you really need to sit down when travelling GET A TAXI. I hate it when people think that they are more special than others and should get extra attention.

You are so right. But too many Singaporeans think the world owes them a living.

Aussie Pete

Alfrescian
Loyal
The kid in this picture is too old to be in need of a seat...

However, when it comes to people with babies or the disabled, frail, injured or the old - people should be taught respect for their fellow humans... "get a taxi" is not the right answer. You too may be in 'real' need of a seat one day.

Babies In Singapore - Respect Starts In The Home