• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Mudlaysia is the 'safest cuntry' in the world - 16 year old raped in a .....

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shocking rape of Malaysian teenager in police lock-up raises calls for independent inquiry
The victim was detained on Jan 8 to help in investigations into an illegal gambling case.
The victim was detained on Jan 8 to help in investigations into an illegal gambling case.PHOTO: ST FILE
nadirahhanirodzi.png

Nadirah H. Rodzi
Malaysia Correspondent
  • PUBLISHED
    43 MIN AGO
FACEBOOKTWITTER

KUALA LUMPUR - The shocking rape case of a 16-year old girl while being held by Malaysian police in Sarawak recently has raised calls for an independent inquiry and spotlighted once again alleged shortcomings of the force.

There have also been renewed calls for the formation of an independent body to oversee police misdeeds, a plan that has been repeatedly rejected by the cops.
The authorities have promised that there would be no cover up and those involved will be brought to justice, similar to promises made in cases involving the deaths of criminal suspects in police custody and policemen who have been nabbed for myriad corrupt activities.

So far, two cops who were on duty at the police station in Miri town where the Jan 9 rape happened, have been suspended.
"(The issue) must not be swept under the carpet," Professor Noor Aziah Mohd Awal, the children's commissioner with the Human Rights Commission of Malaysia (Suhakam), told The Straits Times.

"Had the police officer in charge executed his duties honestly and property, police lock-up is the last place a rape could happen," she added.

Based on the police report filed by the victim, she was detained on Jan 8 to help in investigations into an illegal gambling case.
But while in custody, she claimed that a male detainee from another cell had opened the door to her lock-up between 4am and 5am, before taking her to the station's toilet to rape her. The alleged rapist apparently had the key to the teenager's cell.

Just as baffling, the door to the cell which housed 12 male detainees, including the suspected rapist, was not locked.
"Pure evil," Malaysia's national police chief Abdul Hamid Bador told The Straits Times, when asked about the rape case.

"The police belong to the people. They put their trust in the force to administer the laws fairly," said the Inspector General of Police. " I want the people to respect the force and not to fear it. I want to see my men as the saviour of the victims of crimes and those oppressed. Which is why I promise that there will be no cover-up in this case."

Prof Aziah said that according to Section 83 of the Child Act 2001, all children arrested must be released on bail.
She added that the law is clear that a child upon arrest must be brought before a court in 24 hours, and from the place of arrest to the police station, a child must be separated from all adult suspects.

"There was no need to keep her in a lock-up. Just take her statement, call her parents and a Social Welfare Department's officer. If at all, Malaysia must build a special remand centre for children to ensure that they are safe," she said.

Senator Alan Ling Sie Kiong from Sarawak, who last week accompanied the teenager and her father to formally lodge a police report, said: "The failure to strictly comply with the lock-up rules, or bypassing them as in this case, has allowed abuses in the handling of those in custody."

MORE ON THIS TOPIC
Malaysian police inspector at roadblock allegedly abducted, raped 2 Mongolian women
Man charged in Malaysia with tweeting that Irish teen Nora Quoirin was raped prior to her death

The heated debate surrounding the case has led critics to revisit the formation of the Independent Police Complaints and Misconduct Commission, or IPCMC, which the force has resisted for years as outsiders would be able to intervene in its affairs.
The plan to form IPCMC was formally put up by the Pakatan Harapan government that came to power in May 2018. But the plan was dropped by the succeeding Perikatan Nasional (PN) government that took power at the end of February last year.
"The decision to scrap the IPCMC is political. Many policemen and retired ones are not in favour of it because it allows an independent oversight body to mete out a punishment on errant cops," a source told The Straits Times.
The PN government is instead planning to put through Parliament a new version, called the Independent Police Conduct Commission (IPCC) Bill.

MORE ON THIS TOPIC
Police arrest fellow officer who drove own car against traffic flow in Johor Baru
Malaysian police inspector with $330,000 in bank faces probe

The proposed Bill, deemed deeply flawed by its critics, allows top police officers to influence and intervene in investigations involving misconduct. It also allows witnesses who are police officers to recuse themselves from answering questions during a probe.
IGP Abdul Hamid, who has been police chief since May 2019, said that with or without a commission overseeing the force, he wants to do an internal clean-up his way.
"People have asked me, 'Aren't you ashamed of seeing so many of your men being arrested?' Why should I be? This is exactly why I'm here, to keep them in check and to show that no matter how embarrassing it can get, my honest men and I are ready to correct our wrong," Mr Hamid said.

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sg spf also make up of many PR jiuhukia,thats why hv cases like ask for sex in return foe long er stay or cheat hhem inti sex by prezending csn drag case,all same,or accept/collect money .20plus years agobalready hv jiuhukia policecafter wirk befriiend / go to pub ask for free drinks n fun at ktv pub.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
How the fuck does one get raped by a criminal in a police lockup?!

And crazy ppl say... oh property there is cheap, big house and cheap car, cheap this cheap that.

You wanna put a price on your safety? Sure... every country is not safe in its own ways, but come on this surely takes the cake!

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
The cops use other inmates to either beat you or torment you by not locking the cell doors. And they get cigarettes next day if job well done.
Unfortunately, in some cases, it went awry, like a indian guy got beaten to death as he won't stop shouting and in this poor girl, who knows why they did it.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
IGP Abdul Hamid, who has been police chief since May 2019, said that with or without a commission overseeing the force, he wants to do an internal clean-up his way.
"People have asked me, 'Aren't you ashamed of seeing so many of your men being arrested?' Why should I be? This is exactly why I'm here, to keep them in check and to show that no matter how embarrassing it can get, my honest men and I are ready to correct our wrong," Mr Hamid said.

So Mr Hamid is shameless?

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
The cops use other inmates to either beat you or torment you by not locking the cell doors. And they get cigarettes next day if job well done.
Unfortunately, in some cases, it went awry, like a indian guy got beaten to death as he won't stop shouting and in this poor girl, who knows why they did it.

The shitskin was smelly and noisy.